Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Interesting now the fixtures have been announced.
    My rival has a lead of 100 points and all chips left.
    I don't have FH but have the other ones. Trying to work it so I can out-maneuver him. We have very similar teams and I suspect he will use FH in 35.
    Time to get to work and see I hold WC and see what he does or try get in before and make first move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Not too freaked out actually having had a few minutes to look at my spreadsheet....although having the Free Hit intact would make things a lot easier I guess.

As it stands, if I swap Wood in for Murray and didn't make any transfers between now and the end of the season, I'd have:

- 24 for GW 34
    - 8 for GW 35
    -26 for GW 37

Not too catastrophic on paper - not 100% sure yet when I'll use BB, might TC Salah at home to Brighton or Bournemouth :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Well chaps (and Clairwithani) :pac:

Here it is, the one you've all been waiting for....the updated version of my over-rated spreadsheet.

I haven't done any testing or tooling about with it really so let me know if there's anything wonky with it and I'll have a look

It's like Christmas morning.

Only better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I do love that spreadsheet!

My thinking below.

NAME TEAM GW32 GW33 GW34 GW35 GW36 GW37 GW38
    GK DDG MUN SWA mci WBA bou BLANK ARS bha whm WAT
    GK Begovic Bou wat CPL liv MUN BLANK sot SWA BLANK bur
    DEF Vertonghen tot che sto MCI bha BLANK WAT wba NEW LEI
    DEF Mee BUR wba wat LEI CHE sto BHA ars BLANK BOU
    DEF Otimendi mci eve MUN tot BLANK SWA whm HUD BHA sot
    DEF Smalling mun SWA mci WBA bou BLANK ARS bha whm WAT
    DEF Christensen che TOT WHM sot bur BLANK swa LIV HUD new
    MID Ibe Bou wat CPL liv MUN BLANK sot SWA BLANK bur
    MID Salah LIV cpl eve BOU BLANK wba STO che BLANK BHA
    MID Ericsson TOT che sto MCI bha BLANK WAT wba NEW LEI
    MID Sterling mci eve MUN tot BLANK SWA whm HUD BHA sot
    MID Gudmunson bur wba wat LEI CHE sto BHA ars BLANK BOU
    FWD Lukaku MUN SWA mci WBA bou BLANK ARS bha whm WAT
    FWD Vardy Lei bha NEW bur SOT BLANK cpl WHM ARS tot
    FWD Murray BHA LEI HUD cpl TOT BLANK bur MUN mci liv

Total GW Players 15 15 27 5 15 25 15

Chips WC BB FH TC

I would have a few transfers to play with to be better ready for GW 37....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Looking at the below, your Bench boost (Begovic vs United) will get you one extra game as opposed to playing a SGW, is it worth it?

(asking the same question myself)

BB in 32 looks better for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Looking at the below, your Bench boost (Begovic vs United) will get you one extra game as opposed to playing a SGW, is it worth it?

(asking the same question myself)

BB in 32 looks better for you!

It's a good point. More to ponder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Have a WC and BB left, with a half-injured team full of Bournemouth and Stoke players. No idea what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Another WC draft (Active)
    DDG Dubravka
    Morgan Tarkowski Mustafi Robertson Fernandez
    Willian Salah Son Silva Mahrez
    Firmino Auba Ayew

Chips left: TC, BB, FH
    GW34: 21
    GW35: 10
    GW37: 26

Anyone got any suggestions for best way to deploy my chips?
    At the moment, thinking TC GW34 (Potentially Salah) -> FH 35 -> BB 37

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Well chaps (and Clairwithani) :pac:

Here it is, the one you've all been waiting for....the updated version of my over-rated spreadsheet.

I haven't done any testing or tooling about with it really so let me know if there's anything wonky with it and I'll have a look

Space is very tight on my phone, but I've downloaded Excel for this reason only!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm not going to lie.

It's fúcking frustrating not having that Free Hit. I never foresaw that it would give this much of an advantage late in the season.

Fair play to those who have kept it intact. it's certainly come up Milhouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm not going to lie.

It's fúcking frustrating not having that Free Hit. I never foresaw that it would give this much of an advantage late in the season.

Agreed.

I'm just happy I didn't hit the WC button on saturday night - at least I have a couple of options now. Getting from 34 to 37 without a FH (or WC) is certainly not going to be easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I'm not going to lie.

I literally came on here to post pretty much these words.

After looking at Cartman's spreadsheet and trying to plan my transfers in 35 to get something of a team out while still taking advantage of 34 and 37 it is really really tough.

FH would be a god send right now. Definitely the stand out error of my season. The logic seemed sound at the time but the full use of it is here.

Those of us without a FH very much have to hope for a low scoring GW 35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Morzadec wrote: »
    Those of us without a FH very much have to hope for a low scoring GW 35

basically this.

the maximum amount of players I can reasonably have in 35, while still getting something decent out of 34 or 37, is probably going to be 7 at best.

Free Hitters will rightly be salivating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I would like to sincerely thank everyone here who persuaded me not to use my FH for GW 31. Only fielded 5 players for that week, but it's looking like a good decision now! :):)

basically this.

the maximum amount of players I can reasonably have in 35, while still getting something decent out of 34 or 37, is probably going to be 7 at best.

Free Hitters will rightly be salivating.

Yeah before I really looked into I felt happy to save a few transfers, and then an 8 point hit or so in 35 to get a team out. The problem is that you don't want to dump any of your players because they're all so well set up for 37.

I'm formulating a master plan however (that contains a whole lot of assumptions) to have strong BB team in 34, get 10 out in 35 and have a 37 team with 11 strong players for the double including Kane for the TC.

Wasn't planning on leaning so heavily on Burnley players but it now looks like I'll have to go for 3 of them. Luckily they are amongst the best value in the game and can all be shifted on the bench for 37 without eating up too much of a budget.

This might be interesting if like me you have no FH, are on a WC and have all other chips. Otherwise, definitely not worth reading!

Here is my provisional plan to have a strong 34 BB (and lead in to it in 32 and 33), a reasonable 35 with 10 players out there, and a very good 37 XI with TC Kane in it. No points hits in this plan.

It contains a huge assumption that as City see out the league they rely on B. Silva to play regularly in the league matches. No major injuries or suspensions is another assumption. Also doesn't factor in possible price changes but should be fine for that.

WC team:

DDG
    McCarthy

Tarkowski
    Lowton
    Christensen
    Tomkins
    Mustafi

Son
    Mahrez
    Arnautovic
    Willian
    Salah

Lukaku
    Auba
    Barnes

(0.9 ITB)

This team has strong fixtures in 32 and 33 and then for 34 BB has a total of 25 fixtures (out of 30 possible). 25 might seem on the low side to take advantage of the BB, but the players who don't double all have strong fixtures and I think could outscore many doublers:

Auba (new)
    Mustafi (new)
    Tomkins (BHA)
    Salah (BOU)
    Arnoutovic (STO)

So happy to use BB here even if it's not 100% stacked with DGWers.

This team would have 8 players for 35 and with 2 FTs stored up I could get 10 out in 35 with no hits.

To do this the plan would be to ditch Mahrez before 35 (annoying with a double in 37 but someone's got to go - the 37 fixtures aren't that spectacular and also a tough 38 factors in to my thinking), and also ditch McCarthy.

In would come B. Silva and Karius.

I should make 0.9 from these transfers so would have roughly 1.8 ITB at this point overall. This gives me funds for the following GW36 transfer:

Kane in for Lukaku (Kane has Watford at home in 36 and obviously in prep for TCing him in DGW 37). Should have 0.3 ITB after this change.

In GW 37 I'll have a starting XI of all doublers (minus Salah) except one defender. So transfer on GW37 would be Naughton (or any affordable Swansea) in for Tarkowski.

This gives me a strong 37 team of complete DGWers (plus Salah):

DDG

Christy
    Mustafi
    Naughton

Willian
    Salah
    Son
    Arny
    B.Silva

Auba
    Kane (TC)

(Karius, Lowton, Tomkins, Barnes)

Likely something will go wrong and ruin my assumptions but I think it's a solid plan and at least doing this exercise has given me an idea of fixtures and how to juggle this if the plan needs to be changed!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Yeah before I really looked into I felt happy to save a few transfers, and then an 8 point hit or so in 35 to get a team out. The problem is that you don't want to dump any of your players because they're all so well set up for 37.

I'm formulating a master plan however (that contains a whole lot of assumptions) to have strong BB team in 34, get 10 out in 35 and have a 37 team with 11 strong players for the double including Kane for the TC.

Wasn't planning on leaning so heavily on Burnley players but it now looks like I'll have to go for 3 of them. Luckily they are amongst the best value in the game and can all be shifted on the bench for 37 without eating up too much of a budget.

If you BB in a sgw like 36 might it help your gw 35 and gw 37 prospects a bit more. I think people get overly fixated on the dgw BB . It would mean more Newcastle, Swansea, arsenal,city, Liverpool possibly in your WC team.

If you BB in a sgw like 36 might it help your gw 35 and gw 37 prospects a bit more. I think people get overly fixated on the dgw BB . It would mean more Newcastle, Swansea, arsenal,city, Liverpool possibly in your WC team.

Haven't really considered this possibility at all..

Looking at the 36 fixtures I'm not too enthused by it based on the Man Utd vs Arsenal fixture. I'm not sure it's a great fixture for Auba and Mustafi, or maybe even DDG

Haven't really considered this possibility at all..

Looking at the 36 fixtures I'm not too enthused by it based on the Man Utd vs Arsenal fixture. I'm not sure it's a great fixture for Auba and Mustafi, or maybe even DDG
    They wouldnt be your bench players it would be the likes of newcastle players playing west brom and burnley players playing brighton. Your original plan sounds good anyway but it might be interesting to see if it works out any better another way.

• Advertisement

They wouldnt be your bench players it would be the likes of newcastle players playing west brom and burnley players playing brighton. Your original plan sounds good anyway but it might be interesting to see if it works out any better another way.

Yeah good point! Although Mustafi I might bench

It might be laziness to not look into other plans, but I think I'm set on BB 34 and TC 37.

Main reason being I'm already on the WC and it's easy enough to plan a strong team for 32, 33, and DGW 34.

37 is quite far in the distance and I can see a variety of teams being on the beach or rotating or some key players not being available, so planning by BB for then (or even for 36 as suggested) is just a bit too far in the future for me.

Other big reason is the lack of viable TC options in 34. And then the very tasty fixtures for Spurs in 37 and memories of how lethal Kane was in the last 3 games last year.

Yeah good point! Although Mustafi I might bench

I was on my phone earlier when I read your plan. Have looked at your plan in a bit more detail and you have it well thought out . My opinion on the BB is that some are playing it in a dgw and not considering the knock on effects in other weeks.So for example aiming to have 28-30 dgw players they should get a good score that week but they will suffer in other weeks.

fpl.jpg

Draft #1
    0 ITB
    Not happy with Willian as I always think he is a rotation risk and I have Alonso cover as it stands, any better MF options with at sub 7.0 with 2 doubles? :confused:

Going Cityless until GW 35 (FH) at least might bring some back for GW37 but weary about Pep-ball rotation with League wrapped up.

Plan is to bank a transfer in GW33.
    Carry 2 transfers into gw 34 to be able to field 14 players with making 3 transfers for (-4) if I want to play BB.
    If not then 10 DGWers plus Salah

Free Hit GW 35

Then similar plan for gw 37. if I have BB left, I'll be fielding 14 or 15 DGW-ers.
    or 10/11 DGW-ers if not.

WC being activated tonight I think.

I'd much rather BB in GW37 but if I play it in GW34 when clubs have more to play for I could make up the ground I need to in my private league and maybe pull ahead in GW35 with the FH.

Long week ahead, be a lot longer without that spreadsheet :cool:

shineon23 wrote: »
    fpl.jpg

Draft #1
    0 ITB
    Not happy with Willian as I always think he is a rotation risk and I have Alonso cover as it stands, any better MF options with at sub 7.0 with 2 doubles? :confused:

Don't hold me to it but Conte made comments recently basically saying that he doesn't drop players who are in great form and Willian is in great form:

https://twitter.com/NizaarKinsella/status/972564086071484416

Chelsea fans seem to think he should be relatively nailed on.

If you did want to go without him then Albrighton is an option as someone who has 2 doubles and should play both. A solid but unspectacular performer, chance of an assist or two.

Gross has had a good season so is maybe another option but his double fixtures are horrible.

JWP or Tadic if you really feel like rolling the dice! Soton need goals.

A better sub 7.0 option imo is Arnoutivic. Doesn't have 2 doubles (just the one double in 37) but has Stoke at home for DGW34 and I'd wager he'd have a great chance of outscoring the likes of Albrighton or any other sub-7.0 DGWer that week.

I think it's worth remembering who the proven players are and Arny is one for me even if he's been quiet points-wise lately. He could easily have had double figures in the recent Burnley game

Don't hold me to it but Conte made comments recently basically saying that he doesn't drop players who are in great form and Willian is in great form:

https://twitter.com/NizaarKinsella/status/972564086071484416

Chelsea fans seem to think he should be relatively nailed on.

If you did want to go without him then Albrighton is an option as someone who has 2 doubles and should play both. A solid but unspectacular performer, chance of an assist or two.

Gross has had a good season so is maybe another option but his double fixtures are horrible.

JWP or Tadic if you really feel like rolling the dice! Soton need goals.

A better sub 7.0 option imo is Arnoutivic. Doesn't have 2 doubles (just the one double in 37) but has Stoke at home for DGW34 and I'd wager he'd have a great chance of outscoring the likes of Albrighton or any other sub-7.0 DGWer that week.

I think it's worth remembering who the proven players are and Arny is one for me even if he's been quiet points-wise lately. He could easily have had double figures in the recent Burnley game

Thanks @Mozardec

Hmmm, thats good news on Conte-Willian. Will read up on that.

Lloris-Alonso Out for Courtois-Vertonghen is another option to make up more funds to improve MF. Would love Bavies but can't risk it.

Arnautovic is in my thoughts for GW37, maybe in Stanilas' place if I release funds.

Gross I hadn't considered, will look at his form now, I had disregarded Murray.

Vardy-Simpson combo, would rule out Albrighton for me I think, but he's a good shout.

Definitely food for thought.

I'm definitely playing the numbers game in my plans as I think my rivals won't maximize the chips. Minutes played will be a huge factor in my scores, hence my obsession with as many DGWers as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

This might be interesting if like me you have no FH, are on a WC and have all other chips. Otherwise, definitely not worth reading!

I like this plan a lot and will be aiming for something similar myself, though I've no TC. I pretty much have to wildcard this week because my team is in an awful state, so it makes sense to play bench boost in 34 rather than 37 even with fewer doubles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

tailgunner wrote: »
    I like this plan a lot and will be aiming for something similar myself, though I've no TC. I pretty much have to wildcard this week because my team is in an awful state, so it makes sense to play bench boost in 34 rather than 37 even with fewer doubles.

Same situation here. Very similar plan.

DDG Karius
    Lowton Tarkowski Smalling Monreal Morgan
    Salah Mahrez Son Arnie Willian
    Lukaku Auba Barnes

11 dgwkers for 34 bb and can get 10 for 35 with 2 fts. Christy v Smalling is up in the air. Karius is there as I don't want to use a ft for a keeper in 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Really need some help as the whole DGW thing is melting my feeble brain.
    I have no FH and no WC so feel kinda screwed here.
    Team is:

Lossl Elliot
    Robertson Dummet Chilwell Ogbonna Jagielka
    Salah Mahrez KdB Shaqiri Stanislas
    Vardy Firmino Mounie

I do have 6.3m in the bank.

Thinking of taking a few hits to get the players in and using the TC in 34, BB in 37. This gives me time to use my transfers more efficiently I believe.

Players on my wish list are: Lukaku, De Gea, William, Lowton, Mkhitaryan, Gudmunson, Mustafi.

It's knowing who to bring in and when that's causing the main headache.

Currently have:
    GW34: 20
    GW35: 9
    GW37: 24

Any advice at all?

• Advertisement

Really need some help as the whole DGW thing is melting my feeble brain.
    I have no FH and no WC so feel kinda screwed here.
    Team is:

Lossl Elliot
    Robertson Dummet Chilwell Ogbonna Jagielka
    Salah Mahrez KdB Shaqiri Stanislas
    Vardy Firmino Mounie

I do have 6.3m in the bank.

Thinking of taking a few hits to get the players in and using the TC in 34, BB in 37. This gives me time to use my transfers more efficiently I believe.

Players on my wish list are: Lukaku, De Gea, William, Lowton, Mkhitaryan, Gudmunson, Mustafi.

It's knowing who to bring in and when that's causing the main headache.

Currently have:
    GW34: 20
    GW35: 9
    GW37: 24

Any advice at all?

firmino to lukaku gw 32, shaqiri to kenedy gw 33, Elliot to ddg gw 34. Hits in gw 35 are ideal in your situation to get in players with a game in 35 and a double in 37. Arsenal, city, Swansea, west ham and Newcastle players.
    GW 34 2 extra dgw players
    GW 35 1 player less
    GW 37 3 extra dgw players which is really 4 extra fixtures as Elliot is a non playing player now.

Advertisement