Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cant decide between Lukaku and Auba but after a quick look I may not have too...........loads of cheap options in defence and a few sneaky ones in Midfield too.
    Ive been keeping an eye on Gudmonson for a while now and he may well be coming in.
    I've struck a balance between 34 and 35 now I think and will have enough transfers to rejig for 37 and hope Kane is back for TC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Trying to decide on the best cheap GK to go with De Gea for BB in GW34 - will only be playing him in GW34 (unless De Gea gets injured!)

Was fixed on Fabianski (EVE at home) despite only a single game - it's a good fixture imo and Swansea have been tight enough at the back the past few weeks

Now the idea of double fixtures is tempting me to look at Ryan or McCarthy (is he nailed on?) Both have tough enough fixtures, though perhaps good potential for save points - have I missed anyone out?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Trying to decide on the best cheap GK to go with De Gea for BB in GW34 - will only be playing him in GW34 (unless De Gea gets injured!)

Was fixed on Fabianski (EVE at home) despite only a single game - it's a good fixture imo and Swansea have been tight enough at the back the past few weeks

Now the idea of double fixtures is tempting me to look at Ryan or McCarthy (is he nailed on?) Both have tough enough fixtures, though perhaps good potential for save points - have I missed anyone out?

I’m currently on DeGea and Ryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Tempted to play the TC in GW34, and BB in GW37. Only reason being, based on current squad, all DGW players, get points (assuming they play).

Two things making me doubt this, is when or if Kane returns, and if not back by GW35, who else to give the TC to.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I’m currently on DeGea and Ryan.

Yes I see Ryan could swap in for De Gea when Man Utd play City as well as another option, though would probably still start De Gea, so that's a good call. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Not been following closely this year and apologies if covered already..Still have WC, BB and TC left - is the best route to use the WC this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

In a strange way I'm happy I don't have my WC left, it's difficult enough figuring out the best way to use FH, TC and BB. For those without WC but the other three chips left, the best plan I think might be to obviously use all free transfers on DGWers especially 2x DGWers, then TC in 34 (since you won't have 14/15 DGWers by then with transfers), FH in 35 and BB in 37 when your free transfers and 1/2 hits over 4/5 weeks gets you 14 DGWers + Salah. There's at least 5 free transfers before GW37 to get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Just put together a mock team if I didn't have FH left. I don't envy you that's for sure. I got 7 for the blank week. Only way I'd approach it is to have 2 FT for that week and -4 my way to 10 players with just a goalkeeper missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Can someone please post a link to cartmans spreadsheet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

mccard wrote: »
    Can someone please post a link to cartmans spreadsheet?

It's on page 55 at the bottom. Don't know how to link to it.

Big thanks to cartman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    It's on page 55 at the bottom. Don't know how to link to it.

Big thanks to cartman

Got it, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Death, taxes and Busts advocating a SGW Bench Boost :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

mccard wrote: »
    Got it, thanks.

You may need to update it, to take into account Crellins/FPL updates.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

FH34 Alternative WC

WC 33 The squad is stacked with players who double in GW37 and who have
    good fixtures in GW33, GW35 and GW36. The rest of squad have no
    double in GW34 (yes no Chelsea Man United Leicester Spurs etc) but
    have nice fixtures in the above GWs

FH34 Get your Man United Chelsea Spurs etc.

BB/TC 35 Your original squad hopefully all play without a transfer.

GW36 2FTs to bring in assets from the GW34 doublers, perhaps delaying on
    Man United players until GW37.

GW37 TC/BB

Some of your squads could suit WCing after FH34 etc. but I just posted it because I like the "black-and-white" style of this that negates early planning the DGW37 and allows you to be reactive for more GWs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Anyone else keeping Firmino, especially for the first double? Home to Bournemouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anyone else keeping Firmino, especially for the first double? Home to Bournemouth

At the money yes but I’ve no WC or FH
    I’ve 2 FT this week and looking at various options to best navigate the doubles and 35 I ended up with a front line of auba lukaku and firmino .......allows flexibility to get Kane in if I want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Any chance any more games get added to 34 or 35?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

manual_man wrote: »

I don't think so.

I'd like to know if the order of the DGW37 fixtures can change assuming all the remaining unscheduled fixtures get put in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

ElTel wrote: »
    I don't think so.

I'd like to know if the order of the DGW37 fixtures can change assuming all the remaining unscheduled fixtures get put in there.

Looking to manage here with just my TC and BB remaining. I'm finding it hard to look past TC Lukaku in 34 :D BB i might play in 38

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

manual_man wrote: »

Definitely none to be added to DGW34. At least one of the teams involved in each of the 6 remaining games is already playing twice in DGW34.

Games could go into GW35 or 36, but both are European weeks and there is no need to use these weeks as all games will fit into DGW37.

• Advertisement

Strongly considering it - have had him for a few weeks now and will see if he is in good form in 32 & 33 and if not, or depending on the CL situation may transfer him out for the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

I didn't activate my WC and now I'm favouring.

Maybe take a -4 to set me up for GW 32 and GW 33
    FH GW 34
    Should get 11 out GW 35( surprisingly easy)
    WC GW 36
    BB GW 37 (Also have TC so could use this gw and BB 38 if I don't use before obv.)

Anyone else going this route?

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/977669728205508608?s=19

he's trying to charge money for what cartman gave us for free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

stephenl15 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/977669728205508608?s=19

he's trying to charge money for what cartman gave us for free :D

Ha ha. Just logged on to post the exact same thing.

Ha ha. Just logged on to post the exact same thing.

Fair play to him if they do but people would hardly pay for that would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Want to BB in GW 37 as I will get 14 DGWers out plus Salah but Kane TC sticks out like a sore thumb assuming he is back fit.
    TC Mahrez in GW 34 is a bit chancey with the first game away to Burnley?! Can't see Lukaku starting both games.
    On a WC at the moment and have FH and BB left also.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Fair play to him if they do but people would hardly pay for that would they?
    Some big money mini leagues around - €10? could be well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Seaba wrote: »

When anyone asks for advice here we should start charging. Fair play if he can get money out of it but I can't see the point.

Wonder if he will start putting his info in future behind some kind of paywall/ paid subscription site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    When anyone asks for advice here we should start charging. Fair play if he can get money out of it but I can't see the point.

Wonder if he will start putting his info in future behind some kind of paywall/ paid subscription site.

There's always crazy people willing to pay for stuff like that! A few years ago I would have thought he'd maybe interest ffs but I don't think he would add much at this point. If he can make a bit out of this while he's unemployed then fair play to him guess he's not really going to be attracting people like us with the offer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Seaba wrote: »

He may be able to make a decent spreadsheet but it's not like he's Kouwenberg I don't see why people would think he'll be able to conjure up an amazing transfer plan.

Advertisement