Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

stephenl15 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/977669728205508608?s=19

he's trying to charge money for what cartman gave us for free :D

Jesus...feel like I've missed a trick here..will be password protecting the Excel spreadsheet going forward ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Jesus...feel like I've missed a trick here..will be password protecting the Excel spreadsheet going forward ;-)

41l-SWkjXEL._SX355_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

sicknotexi wrote: »
    I didn't activate my WC and now I'm favouring.

Maybe take a -4 to set me up for GW 32 and GW 33
    FH GW 34
    Should get 11 out GW 35( surprisingly easy)
    WC GW 36
    BB GW 37 (Also have TC so could use this gw and BB 38 if I don't use before obv.)

Anyone else going this route?

Check out my post on last page!
    I'm not as well set for GW35 as you so it's not an option for me but it looks a solid plan.
    Perhaps a thread with the template FH35 team would give you an idea of how competitive your GW32 + GW33 against WCers and GW35 is likely to be. :pac:

I'm currently OR 160k , fully loaded with chips and WC and competitive in mini leagues......Following the norm will probably secure me a few quid but I'm not sure it gets the higher OR.

Oh! don't rule out TC GW35. BB after WC is optimal.

GL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

That's put me off Crellin a bit. I had this image of him as an fpl spreadsheet superhero doing it purely for the love of the game. Guess Cartman is the new hero now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

ElTel wrote: »
    Check out my post on last page!
    I'm not as well set for GW35 as you so it's not an option for me but it looks a solid plan.
    Perhaps a thread with the template FH35 team would give you an idea of how competitive your GW32 + GW33 against WCers and GW35 is likely to be. :pac:

I'm currently OR 160k , fully loaded with chips and WC and competitive in mini leagues......Following the norm will probably secure me a few quid but I'm not sure it gets the higher OR.

Oh! don't rule out TC GW35. BB after WC is optimal.

GL.

My main concern is the points I may lose in GWk's 32 and 33 but if I can get through there without too much hassle I should be nicely set up and have the additional info of Euro teams/FA Cup/ Kane.

I feel I even have the option of WC for GW 33 depending on if 32 goes t*ts up
    but I definitely will not be WC for 32 now. Also thanks for the 35 for the TC tip, it's one I have considered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That's put me off Crellin a bit. I had this image of him as an fpl spreadsheet superhero doing it purely for the love of the game. Guess Cartman is the new hero now!
    It definitely isn't what I like to see in the game either, but I guess if the money ends up being good enough, it won't serve as much of a regret for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'm wondering if the return of the beast from the east might cause gw 32 or 33 games to be cancelled making the prospect of even juicer dgw in 35-37 something to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Fair play to him if they do but people would hardly pay for that would they?

He has had 20 enquiries and has a payment structure of £5 for a basic spreadsheet, £10 for a bit more advice and £20 for the gold package of a spreadsheet and loads of advice. All he is going to do is give more or less the same team , advice to every person. Madness somebody paying for that when people on here put up there full plan like morzadec did the other day or I'm sure the same thing happens on FFS and other sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

He has had 20 enquiries and has a payment structure of £5 for a basic spreadsheet, £10 for a bit more advice and £20 for the gold package of a spreadsheet and loads of advice. All he is going to do is give more or less the same team , advice to every person. Madness somebody paying for that when people on here put up there full plan like morzadec did the other day or I'm sure the same thing happens on FFS and other sites.

Exactly there's so much info out there already and if that's not enough then an ffs membership is a lot better value than what he's offering! If he had an exceptional record then that would be something but judging by what someone has just posted on twitter he's had 3 top 10ks recently how many here have done the same! Fair play to him for getting some interest in it good way for him to bump up his PS bankroll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I have just used the spreadsheet now. Cartman, it is absolutely amazing.

• Advertisement

I have just used the spreadsheet now. Cartman, it is absolutely amazing.

Will you all stop.

I don’t have the software to use it.

Stupid old MacBook. It just opens in ‘preview’.

Will you all stop.

Its worth getting a new computer for :pac:

jimmii wrote: »

Nearly true. I have already seen that I am not well set up for 34,35 and 37. I knew that but it's so clear exactly how badly prepared I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

It’s insane - he’s got a pretty crap team and rank too I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭893bet

Can someone post cartmans latest sheet? Or direct to what page it's on?

jimmii wrote: »

Waiting for a good version of football manager. Latest one had poor reviews.

Haven’t played it for about 6 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

893bet wrote: »
    Can someone post cartmans latest sheet? Or direct to what page it's on?

Here you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I think Ben Crellin posted that to stop people PM'ing him really. He got a ridiculous amounts of comments recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Will you all stop.

Download the spreadsheet, then upload it to Google Drive and use Google Sheets to open it - voila. All the formulas work.

Download the spreadsheet, then upload it to Google Drive and use Google Sheets to open it - voila. All the formulas work.

Downloaded OpenOffice.

Think I’m gonna wait and BB in 37 having had a look at the Cartman sheet.

Not 100% sure though.

I’m off on Friday so gonna finalise then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Downloaded OpenOffice.

Not 100% sure though.

I’m off on Friday so gonna finalise then.

Forgot I'll have all Friday off to finalise the wildcard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Good ol' Jesus, taking one for the team :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Good ol' Jesus, taking one for the team :P

And could be a differential as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Downloaded OpenOffice.

Not 100% sure though.

I’m off on Friday so gonna finalise then

Amateur, :P
    Cartman left his job altogether for the good of the FSA Forum. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Right!!!

Having been inspired by the latest trend, and having a day off work today, I've put together an addition to Cartman's brilliant sheet.

I stress addition, a lot of his work I just copied so I don't wish to be placed on the same pedestal as him, I just added another tab :P

This tab makes it a bit easier to keep track of your team week by week. It's used in the same way as Cartmans, fill in your team players for each week (exact names dont matter) but make sure their 3 letter team acronyms are exactly correct. This will then pre-load their fixtures, and if they blank in that GW it will show up in red.

It then totals the amount of games you have that week in each position, to make it easier to track potential formations.

The tab also can be used to track your planned transfers each week. Start by entering your current money in bank, and no. of free transfers entering GW32. Then simply enter the players you're bringing in, and the players you are taking out. You'll have to enter their values manually unfortunately, as I'm not that much of a maniac :pac:

If you've entered the values correctly, i.e. no £ symbols etc, the sheet should calculate your money left in the bank, and how many free transfers you will have entering into the following week.
    If you want to make more than 3 FTs in a single week, then...tough sh!t make your own sheet :P

I'm sure there's a million and one bugs with this so I hope its some way useful, if anyone spots anything obviously wrong then please let me know. If you're making your own edits then be careful entering data into seemingly empty cells, I've done some dirty things to make formulae work :pac:

Looking at it now it's actually not as intuitive as I had originally hoped, so if anyone needs a point in the right direction then ask away.

Scummy Man, I am in awe.....Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Big thanks to both on these files. Coming in very handy for a couple of my money leagues, I've created a separate tab to plug in my rivals teams - comes in very very useful for any rivals who have used wildcard & free hit. Could really stretch a lead if I get through 34 & 35 right.

:eek:

Absolutely amazing work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm really struggling to navigate this. I'd rather keep TC for GW37 because I'd like to put it on Kane, but it seems easier to build a BB team for 37 than 34. I'm on wildcard at the moment, and it's almost perfectly set up for BB37. That would mean TC in 34 (assuming I don't use it in a SGW, which isn't out of the question). Lukaku is the obvious choice, but it doesn't fill me with excitement as an option.

I also really want to keep Aubameyang because of his GW32 and GW33 fixtures, which is stifling what I can do in terms of DGW assets. I also can't bring myself to replace Firmino with the form he's been in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm really struggling to navigate this. I'd rather keep TC for GW37 because I'd like to put it on Kane, but it seems easier to build a BB team for 37 than 34. I'm on wildcard at the moment, and it's almost perfectly set up for BB37. That would mean TC in 34 (assuming I don't use it in a SGW, which isn't out of the question). Lukaku is the obvious choice, but it doesn't fill me with excitement as an option.

I also really want to keep Aubameyang because of his GW32 and GW33 fixtures, which is stifling what I can do in terms of DGW assets. I also can't bring myself to replace Firmino with the form he's been in.

In the same boat, got rid of Firmino for Vardy and regretting a bit now. Mahrez is the only one I'd consider for tc 34 I think but I wouldn't be too confident about him either. My only worry about bb in 37 is a lot can happen between now and then and all the planning could go out the window. That spreadsheet has been a godsend, I'd be tearing my hair out even more without it!

Advertisement