Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

So i filled in Cartmans sheet(fair play, great work) and im looking at the following players playing per week
    15, 15, 19, 11, 15, 22, 15

How is everyone else looking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

In the same boat, got rid of Firmino for Vardy and regretting a bit now. Mahrez is the only one I'd consider for tc 34 I think but I wouldn't be too confident about him either. My only worry about bb in 37 is a lot can happen between now and then and all the planning could go out the window. That spreadsheet has been a godsend, I'd be tearing my hair out even more without it!

Good point about how far away 37 is. BB requires much more planning than TC, so having it in close proximity to WC makes a lot of sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭podge018

what's the accepted wisdom for those with no WC but all other remaining chips left please?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Fixtures have definitely thrown a couple of decisions up into the air but think there’s more positives to playing B.B 34 & TC37. As above you can prepare much better for B.B. 34 as it is so close. Teams could be relegated, injuries to key players, top 4 spots etc all decided. Also add the fact that it will be 3 games before the end of the season and if nothing on the line some players might play but take the foot of the gas slightly, especially with a World Cup more or less 6 weeks away from then. By TC in 37 you also have the bonus of knowing what way your money league is shaping. Some of your rivals may have played their TC so you may know you don’t need a massive score and can put it on a steady scorer, or you may need to chase and play a big differential for for the TC. The above obviously really applies if you’re about to wildcard, if you’ve already used both I can see why B.B. in 37 would make sense as it may give you more time to prepare.

Also have a look at who has used what around you. I know most of my rivals in my money leagues have used both wildcards as well as there free hit last week. This would somewhat point to them being a little trigger happy and not exactly long term thinkers (was easy enough to dead end into a GW31 team using FT). So I would expect most to use bench boost in 34 as it is the first bumper GW, without realising GW37 could be more apt for them. As I’m on top and just need to hold this means I can play the same way knowing that in 37 we will probably both TC and likelihood of choosing similar player is increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

I also don’t see how anyone who has used wildcard and free hit can truly navigate between a strong GW34,35 & 37 team. Looks a minefield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

podge018 wrote: »
    what's the accepted wisdom for those with no WC but all other remaining chips left please?

that depends on your current team. Im going to FH in 34 , TC in 37 and BB 36. Stick your team up.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

I'm really struggling to navigate this. I'd rather keep TC for GW37 because I'd like to put it on Kane, but it seems easier to build a BB team for 37 than 34. I'm on wildcard at the moment, and it's almost perfectly set up for BB37. That would mean TC in 34 (assuming I don't use it in a SGW, which isn't out of the question). Lukaku is the obvious choice, but it doesn't fill me with excitement as an option.

I also really want to keep Aubameyang because of his GW32 and GW33 fixtures, which is stifling what I can do in terms of DGW assets. I also can't bring myself to replace Firmino with the form he's been in.

Same as.
    Can't see Lukaku completing 180 minutes in GW34. If Mahrez didn't have Burnley away I would TC him.
    Also with the FA Cup on 21st/22nd I can see Man U, Spurs, Chelsea and Southampton making changes for the midweek game which means there may not be many doublers on the bench for BB with the exception of goalies.
    Would be much more confident of getting 14 doublers and Salah out in GW37 for BB. You would then think 4 doublers on the bench for BB (if each only got 2 points = 16 points), would outscore Kane (TC - assuming fit) considering I will have Kane "normal" captain for the double week anyway?
    But then I am back to TC in GW34 being so dodgy. Unless I TC a SGW player!
    I could be rambling now - not sure if the above even makes sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Right!!!

Having been inspired by the latest trend, and having a day off work today, I've put together an addition to Cartman's brilliant sheet.

I stress addition, a lot of his work I just copied so I don't wish to be placed on the same pedestal as him, I just added another tab :P

This tab makes it a bit easier to keep track of your team week by week. It's used in the same way as Cartmans, fill in your team players for each week (exact names dont matter) but make sure their 3 letter team acronyms are exactly correct. This will then pre-load their fixtures, and if they blank in that GW it will show up in red.

It then totals the amount of games you have that week in each position, to make it easier to track potential formations.

The tab also can be used to track your planned transfers each week. Start by entering your current money in bank, and no. of free transfers entering GW32. Then simply enter the players you're bringing in, and the players you are taking out. You'll have to enter their values manually unfortunately, as I'm not that much of a maniac :pac:

If you've entered the values correctly, i.e. no £ symbols etc, the sheet should calculate your money left in the bank, and how many free transfers you will have entering into the following week.
    If you want to make more than 3 FTs in a single week, then...tough sh!t make your own sheet :P

I'm sure there's a million and one bugs with this so I hope its some way useful, if anyone spots anything obviously wrong then please let me know. If you're making your own edits then be careful entering data into seemingly empty cells, I've done some dirty things to make formulae work :pac:

Looking at it now it's actually not as intuitive as I had originally hoped, so if anyone needs a point in the right direction then ask away.

Pardon my lack of computer skills but will this link of yours and Cartmans open up on a PC or IPad?
    Do you just type in your own teams players and teams they play for and then it generates their fixtures?
    Am posting this from an iPhone ...would it work on that....thanks for any feedback from anyone in the know....and well done ScummyMan and Cartman on your hard work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

eh i dunno wrote: »
    So i filled in Cartmans sheet(fair play, great work) and im looking at the following players playing per week
    15, 15, 19, 11, 15, 22, 15

How is everyone else looking?

15, 15, 22(TC), 8(FH), 15, 24(will have 29 for BB), 15

15, 15, 18, 12, 15, 23, 15

Tempted to FH for the DGW as I'll be ok for the skinny week.

Am I mad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Looks like I'll have less doublers than some. But that's ok. I'm focusing on quality over quantity

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Pardon my lack of computer skills but will this link of yours and Cartmans open up on a PC or IPad?
    Do you just type in your own teams players and teams they play for and then it generates their fixtures?
    Am posting this from an iPhone ...would it work on that....thanks for any feedback from anyone in the know....and well done ScummyMan and Cartman on your hard work.

Yes mate it should open right up. I've got my team in there at the moment but just replace it with yours and it should auto populate the fixtures. Just be sure you have the 3 letter team name exactly right for each player as thats how the black magic happens :P

15, 15, 18, 12, 15, 23, 15

Tempted to FH for the DGW as I'll be ok for the skinny week.

Am I mad?
    That's what I'm doing. I'm well set up for 35. FH for a dgw has a number of advantages. You can play it in that particular GW so no need to pick the players you want for a double one or two weeks in advance. You can put the 4 cheapest players in the game on your bench. This means you put all your money into as strong as possible 11 players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Yes mate it should open right up. I've got my team in there at the moment but just replace it with yours and it should auto populate the fixtures. Just be sure you have the 3 letter team name exactly right for each player as thats how the black magic happens :P

Thanks for reply....will try and do it in next day or two.....

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

On WC now and rest all chips intact.initially had planned for Bb34 but fixtures got changed so had to do some thinking again.
    Plan is TC 34(alonso)
    and FH 35 BB37.
    Team Cech Ryan will switch to ddg after gw33 ends.
    Alonso Otamendi Smalling Morgan Rosenior
    Salah Willian Mkhi Son Mctominay
    Vardy Lukaku Firmino.

I feel alonso will outscore lukaku in gw34.
    26 pts ahead in my money league and the guy behind me has already used his TC which got him 9pts. so feel there won't be much complaining.
    Cartmans sheet helped with a lot of tinkering.
    So big thanks to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

sanket wrote: »
    On WC now and rest all chips intact.initially had planned for Bb34 but fixtures got changed so had to do some thinking again.
    Plan is TC 34(alonso)
    and FH 35 BB37.
    Team Cech Ryan will switch to ddg after gw33 ends.
    Alonso Otamendi Smalling Morgan Rosenior
    Salah Willian Mkhi Son Mctominay
    Vardy Lukaku Firmino.

I feel alonso will outscore lukaku in gw34.
    26 pts ahead in my money league and the guy behind me has already used his TC which got him 9pts. so feel there won't be much complaining.
    Cartmans sheet helped with a lot of tinkering.
    So big thanks to him.

Only thing I would be afraid of with Alonso is will be play the 14th and 19th with the FA Cup on the 22nd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Seaba wrote: »

Only thing I would be afraid of with Alonso is will be play the 14th and 19th with the FA Cup on the 22nd?

Chelsea need to win those two games. Only a small chance I'd say of that.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Chelsea need to win those two games. Only a small chance I'd say of that.

Depends on what happens up till then if Chelsea were to lose against spurs and Liverpool win there next couple of games they may prioritize the fa cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Just getting back to looking at this today. No WC of FH left.

Somehow I have 14 starters for SGW 35 already so I'll be my plan is to remove the excess players for that week and replace them with DWG34 players where I'll be using BB. DGW37 is looking like TC for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just starting to question the need for three Liverpool players in my Squad. Have Robertson, Salah, and Firmino. Salah, unless he losses both his legs, and I will want a written letter from Klopp him self, he stays in the Squad, Firmino more than likely stays there until Kane returns, that leaves Robertson, and Funds are there to bring in Alonso, but then removes my bank to bring back Kane.

Also considering dropping Milivojevic, as he is my only player, other than my LIverpool ones, not involved in amy of the DGWs, but who to bring in who's around a similar price range.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, gladly accepted.

Current Squad...

Fabianski DDG

Morgan Mee Ogbonna Robertson Otamendi

Salah Groß Milivojevic Willian Son

Firmino Rashford Vardy

3.6mil in Bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Just starting to question the need for three Liverpool players in my Squad. Have Robertson, Salah, and Firmino. Salah, unless he losses both his legs, and I will want a written letter from Klopp him self, he stays in the Squad, Firmino more than likely stays there until Kane returns, that leaves Robertson, and Funds are there to bring in Alonso, but then removes my bank to bring back Kane.

Also considering dropping Milivojevic, as he is my only player, other than my LIverpool ones, not involved in amy of the DGWs, but who to bring in who's around a similar price range.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, gladly accepted.

Current Squad...

Fabianski DDG

Morgan Mee Ogbonna Robertson Otamendi

Salah Groß Milivojevic Willian Son

Firmino Rashford Vardy

3.6mil in Bank.

Gudmundsson 5.1 Burnley.

Gudmundsson 5.1 Burnley.

Interesting, thank you.

On back of that, the Alosnso move, have also been considering Fab to Ryan. New Squad would be...

Ryan DDG

Morgan Mee Ogbonna Alonso Otamendi

Salah Groß Gudmundsson Willian Son

Firmino Rashford Vardy

Would give me 9 playing twice on GW34, with a probable TC, 11 playing twice on GW37, with a BB, and my FH for GW35.

Still leaves me 2.0 short for any Kane return. TC would probably end up on Son, unless took a hit that week.

Reading through this thread, considering Mee for another Burnley defender, but lack of matches, are putting me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

DDG Ryan
    Robertson, Mustafi, Mee, Morgan, Duffy
    Mahrez, Miki, Salah, Son, Gudmonnson
    Barnes, Auba, Lukaku

That leaves me with 10 doublers for BB GW34 and 5 with a single. The single game week players are 2 x Liverpool- (home to Bournemouth) and 3 x Arsenal- (Away to Newcastle).

I have 8 for GW 35 and should have 2 FT to get in 2 city players (Lukaku and Mahrez likely to go). I'll go without a GK in this GW

Then I should comfortably be able to afford 10 Doublers + Salah for GW 37 and plan to use the TC on Kane.

I'm happy enough with my wildcard team as it stands

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Runswithfeet

Wondering if I should WC before the new GW starts....have WC,BB and TC left.

Current Squad is
    Fabianski/Speroni
    Davies,Robertson,Mariappa,Fernandez,Francis
    Walcott,Salah,Doucoure,Shaqiri,Surman
    Augbamengyang,Vardy,Firmino.

Am I right in thinking my current squad has a few out of form lads such as Walcott,and a few lads like Mariappa I brought in for GW 31 who wouldn’t be great for points going forward?
    Have 10m in the bank and 1ft ....if I WC this week do I have 2ft next week or just the one?

Thanks for any advice on whether I should WC and sort out my team a bit or just take a hit or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Wondering if I should WC before the new GW starts....have WC,BB and TC left.

Current Squad is
    Fabianski/Speroni
    Davies,Robertson,Mariappa,Fernandez,Francis
    Walcott,Salah,Doucoure,Shaqiri,Surman
    Augbamengyang,Vardy,Firmino.

Am I right in thinking my current squad has a few out of form lads such as Walcott,and a few lads like Mariappa I brought in for GW 31 who wouldn’t be great for points going forward?
    Have 10m in the bank and 1ft ....if I WC this week do I have 2ft next week or just the one?

Thanks for any advice on whether I should WC and sort out my team a bit or just take a hit or two.

Just the one & i'd WC if I were you, carrying a lot of deadwood from GW31

So far, have gone with the team planned above...
    Ryan DDG

Morgan Mee Ogbonna Alonso Otamendi

Salah Groß Gudmundsson Willian Son

Firmino Rashford Vardy

Got the figures wrong the other day. above team would give me 10/11 players playing twice in GW34 if playing a TC. In GW37, it would give me 11/15 players playing twice as part of a BB. My only remaining headache, is Kane and his fitness, as feel he would be the ideal TC in GW34, but quite short on the funds to get him back. So far the TC could be single match for Salah, or a double for Son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just re-posting my post from the DGW thread of 2016.

2 years later and I'm still no wiser at this DGW planning.
    How everyone else seems to be prepared for the double gameweeks

card-counting.jpg

An accurate representation of how my preparation is going:

hangover-the-zach-galifianakis-walking-370x495.jpg

For someone with all chips a strategy could be
    FH in 34 advantage of this is you play it with all the up to date data. You only have to consider gw 34 and can focus on putting all your money into the best 10 players and salah. Kane starting in 33 or sanchez finding a bit of form.You dont need to fill your team with burnley/brighton players.

Wildcard in 35 you will know who has progressed in europe, how the top 4 race is looking and the relegation battle ahead of gw 37
    You could get something like this
    Karius
    otamendi tarkowski lowton dummet
    sterling salah kenedy
    firmino aubemyang
    subs lloris morgan willian mahrez austin
    You have 10 players for 35 and 10 dgw in place for gw 37. Mahrez could become sane/mane depending on CL result to give you 11 that week.Leave the money ITB for kane. Advantages here are that FH wil get much the same team as you but come gw 36 they willl have no city players and are probably looking at a -4 for kane.
    BB in 36 karius stoke home, dummet and kenedy WBA home and tarkowski Brighton home). People love the dgw BB but I think it can cause long term issues for your team and your forced to play it on a limited group of teams. I reckon that BB will be close to matching a dgw BB. Transfer auba to kane.
    TC in 37
    lloris
    dummet otamendi morgan
    salah sterling kenedy mahrez willian
    kane austin
    You have a transfer here if needed

Obviously you need to be reasonably happy with your current team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Obviously you need to be reasonably happy with your current team

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

*presses imaginary intercom button*

Sandra, clear my schedule and bring me some coffee, it's fantasy football spreadsheet time. *cracks fingers*

Advertisement