Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

WC in play. FH gone.

On this team, unless someone points out some glaring omissions.

DDG Hennessey
    Schelotto Morgan Lowton Mustafi Mariapa
    Miki Salah Willian Mahrez King
    Auba Lukaku Firm

7 players for DGW34 and 9 for GW35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Scheloto! Now there's a Prodston punt if ever I saw one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

manual_man wrote: »
    Scheloto! Now there's a Prodston punt if ever I saw one

Haha, I have 0.0 itb so need a 4.4m defender and it's either him, Bong or Tompkins :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

The
    Answer
    Still
    Is
    And
    Always
    Will
    Be
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    Anyone looking to go with a very premium defence for the run in?

I've been looking 1 player from each Man Utd, Spurs, and Chelsea for both doubles.

1 GK, 2 defs.

For the most minutes possible I'm looking at;
    DDG(5.9),
    Vertonghen(6.0),
    Alonso(7.0 in my team already)/(OOPs).
    Went with this, I've earned my money, I might as well spend it and enjoy it. :pac:

I think two is enough.

You are using your WC so at least one option, of your other three defenders, must be decent enough to play each week.

I’ve got DDG and Alonso and the other premium defender will be either Vertonghen or Christensen. I’d love Bailly but already have 3 United.

The extra million or 1.5m that a Morgan or Dunk gives you can be more importantly spent on attackers.

I agree, 2 was probably enough.
    but there was no other mid price MFs or FWs I really fancied and have all the budget defenders/clubs covered that I wanted.
    Barring injury, I have half an eye on making minimal defensive transfers for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    I’m going with Jones and Christensen and I’m also thinking about Cedric and surprised your not considering him.

Despite being the best international RB in Europe with a medal to prove it, :P
    I've very rarely owned Cedric and wouldn't touch him for the run in.
    I think he is;
    -Over priced, (Stephens 4.5, McCarthy 4.4 are cheaper)
    -no attacking threat to date,
    -playing in a team that has 6 clean sheets all season in the league.
    3 of those clean sheets were in the first 5 GWs.

Toss of coin between Dunk-McCarthy and Ryan-Stephens
    I think Ryan has more save Point potential. No stats to base that on. And McCarthy could (most likely wont) lose his place to Forster.

I've gone with Stephens in hopes that Hughes will try to shut up shop in the run in, especially GW34. Stephens is a threat going up for set pieces also.

km79 wrote: »
    Why Jones?????
    Jose ripped him to shreds after his last "performance ". He then picked up a one week injury which got the Phil Jones treatment ...........needless risky pick imo. Especially when combined when christensen. AND then cedric ???????asking for trouble

Agree with all that, well Cedric won't give you a days trouble :P good as gold, just I'd go with a cheaper Southampton option.
    I'd like to with the likes of Jones(or Smalling) and Chrissy but can't take the risk of their lack of minutes.
    Chrissy owners have been very hard done by this season on a few occasions also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

kilburn wrote:
    My head hurts from this and i think my eyes are crossed now i mess with wildcard then ideas then change my mind head wreck.

kilburn wrote:
    My head hurts from this and i think my eyes are crossed now i mess with wildcard ideas then change my mind head wreck.

kilburn wrote:
    Looking at triple c 37 Kane and bb 34 and still have wildcard

kilburn wrote:
    De Gea Lossl Mariappa Kenny Bauer VVD Davies Stanislas Salah Shaqiri Arnie Mahrez Wilson Mounie Firminho

kilburn wrote:
    Just did Mounie to Aubameyang 5.1m itb

kilburn wrote:
    Gut says keep wilcard but my gut has me at 400k or

any thoughts folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

kilburn wrote: »
    any thoughts folks

I certainly wouldn’t WC 3 hours before the deadline. Sit tight, see how this weeks games play out and reassess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Benimar wrote:
    I certainly wouldn’t WC 3 hours before the deadline. Sit tight, see how this weeks games play out and reassess.

agreed will wait on the Kane news and work from there

Why Jones?????
    Jose ripped him to shreds after his last "performance ". He then picked up a one week injury which got the Phil Jones treatment ...........needless risky pick imo. Especially when combined when christensen. AND then cedric ???????asking for trouble

Jones not in united squad today......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Why Jones?????

Jones not in united squad today......
    Ah ffs

Is Smalling worth it.... City next turning me off him but today looks like an easy 6 points

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Ah ffs

Is Smalling worth it.... City next turning me off him but today looks like an easy 6 points

Yes
    Bench him next week
    Reassess after that but he will play at least one in DGW
    Not many other options out there for 34

Ah ffs

Yes
    Bench him next week
    Reassess after that but he will play at least one in DGW
    Not many other options out there for 34

Good point Christy out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Potential GW34 team

First 11 are all DGW players, none of the subs are, but does not feel right that I have Salah in amoungt them, as feel he could out score most of them, in his single game, than they could over two games. Currently thinking of putting Rashford as the first choice sub, as see him scoring the least, any other candidates from the midfeild or defence, you guys might suggest.

Ryan

Mee-Davies-Morgan
    -Groß-Gudmundsson-Willian-Son-
    Vardy-Kane(tc)-Rashford

Subs

Ederson Salah Ogbonna Monreal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Potential GW34 team

First 11 are all DGW players, none of the subs are, but does not feel right that I have Salah in amoungt them, as feel he could out score most of them, in his single game, than they could over two games. Currently thinking of putting Rashford as the first choice sub, as see him scoring the least, any other candidates from the midfeild or defence, you guys might suggest.

Ryan

Mee-Davies-Morgan
    -Groß-Gudmundsson-Willian-Son-
    Vardy-Kane(tc)-Rashford

Subs

Ederson Salah Ogbonna Monreal

Not a chance I would play rashford gudmundson or gross ahead of salah.

As it stands 2 weeks away before you actually have to pick your team ........Rashford will not start both games so him .
    But things could change due to injuries and suspensions
    But One thing should be certain. Salah is in your team for a home game against Bournemouth

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Finally, I get to use my wild card in preparation for GW 34! I've been dying to activate it all the way through the international break.

I'm currently on this draft. The first thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is how light I am in midfield in favour of a heavy hitting front

POS. | Name | GW 34 matches | GW 37 Matches
    GK | DDG | 2 | 2
    GK | Hart | 1 | 2
    DEF | Dunk | 2 | 2
    DEF | Mee | 2 | 1
    DEF | Otamendi | 1 | 2
    DEF | Morgan | 2 | 2
    DEF | Robertson | 1 | 1
    MID | Salah | 1 | 1
    MID | Son | 2 | 2
    MID | Ki | 1 | 2
    MID | Milivojevic | 1 | 1
    MID | Gross | 2 | 2
    FWD | Kane | 2 | 2
    FWD | Lukaku | 2 | 2
    FWD | Vardy | 2 | 2

Should leave me with 9 DGW players for GW 34, and then use BB in GW 37. Still have no idea about Triple Captain!

I do think maybe a City midfielder is vital though so that could be the weak link, especially for GW 37. Even if I downgraded Otamendi and upgraded Ki or Gross??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Ah ffs

Vardy in for Lukapoo in prep for DW week
    Kane for Aubu the week after gives me 13 including Salah for DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Dubliner28 wrote: »

LUKAKU also has a DGW in 34 so seems a waste

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

But One thing should be certain. Salah is in your team. for a home game against Bournemouth

This is probably more accurate now! :pac: :D

• Advertisement

Okay, so I've put Auba back in after his brace, and the fact that he's at home to Southampton next, but I may need to swap him out for Kane for GW34.

56(-8) with hopefully kane to go
    Yet another grey arrow

But for that stupid west brom goal the hit would have been well paid for
    De gea taworski gross auba in
    Adrian shawcross shaq firmino out

Would have played hennessy chilwell and firmino and captained Salah

Really it was the second -4 to do shawcross to taworski that took the shine off. Menard I dropped chilwell. And was probably needless hit

Dubliner28 wrote: »

LUKAKU also has a DGW in 34 so seems a waste
    And fantastic games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Wild card is activated, happy enough so far.

Am thinking of switching Willian out for Arnautavic, any thoughts?

Other mids are Salah, Son, Mahrez and Sterling. I don't have any other Chelsea players either.

budgemook wrote: »
    Wild card is activated, happy enough so far.

Am thinking of switching Willian out for Arnautavic, any thoughts?

Other mids are Salah, Son, Mahrez and Sterling. I don't have any other Chelsea players either.

I don't think you need any. They have nothing to play for in the league. Will defpo rotate in DGW ahead of cup semi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Are the game week 37 fixtures known yet, or are they still to be confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Are the game week 37 fixtures known yet, or are they still to be confirmed?

To be confirmed Tuesday.

So how'd you spend your bank holiday Shineon?

'Well I sorted out my FPL strategy for the run in by using Cartman's spreadsheet to key in all my rivals teams and took note of their remaining chips,
    and despite being 5th in a 7 horse race currently, I'll be spending the week informing some of my 6 friends that Paddy Power has declared me favourite for the title come May.
    I'll be telling a couple of bed wetters than they are probably favourites for the W to induce said bed wetting,'

Sometimes I wish the people I play against try as hard I as do to beat them :P

I should be far more hated in that private league than I think I am, nothing to do with skill or lack thereof just due to pure abuse giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Quinn_29

Wilberto wrote: »
    Finally, I get to use my wild card in preparation for GW 34! I've been dying to activate it all the way through the international break.

I'm currently on this draft. The first thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is how light I am in midfield in favour of a heavy hitting front

POS. | Name | GW 34 matches | GW 37 Matches
    GK | DDG | 2 | 2
    GK | Hart | 1 | 2
    DEF | Dunk | 2 | 2
    DEF | Mee | 2 | 1
    DEF | Otamendi | 1 | 2
    DEF | Morgan | 2 | 2
    DEF | Robertson | 1 | 1
    MID | Salah | 1 | 1
    MID | Son | 2 | 2
    MID | Ki | 1 | 2
    MID | Milivojevic | 1 | 1
    MID | Gross | 2 | 2
    FWD | Kane | 2 | 2
    FWD | Lukaku | 2 | 2
    FWD | Vardy | 2 | 2

Should leave me with 9 DGW players for GW 34, and then use BB in GW 37. Still have no idea about Triple Captain!

I do think maybe a City midfielder is vital though so that could be the weak link, especially for GW 37. Even if I downgraded Otamendi and upgraded Ki or Gross??
    Why have both ddg and hart. Could use the funds of hart elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Quinn_29

Should have got arnie last week. Now his fixtures are cruel and he wont be able to repeat this week's haul soon.

Advertisement