Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Think I'm being pulled into the usual 'get as many DGW players in as possible' trap when some SGW players will probably outscore them. Doesn't feel all that right chopping Firmino, Mane, Millo etc and using transfers to turn crap SGW defenders into crap DGW defenders. Should probably just focus on getting in a few key DGW players like Kane and limit the minus 4s or 8s over the next few weeks... Look at Arnie this weekend for instance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Think I'm being pulled into the usual 'get as many DGW players in as possible' trap when some SGW players will probably outscore them. Doesn't feel all that right chopping Firmino, Mane, Millo etc and using transfers to turn crap SGW defenders into crap DGW defenders. Should probably just focus on getting in a few key DGW players like Kane and limit the minus 4s or 8s over the next few weeks... Look at Arnie this weekend for instance...

Similar here, with Salah planned to be my only SGW player to be on the pitch in GW34. Hoping Kane does not go up before the weekend as well, to avoid the hit to get him back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Quinn_29 wrote: »
    Why have both ddg and hart. Could use the funds of hart elsewhere

Hart is only 4.2m. He's only in the team for GW37 when I'll use BB.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Similar here, with Salah planned to be my only SGW player to be on the pitch in GW34. Hoping Kane does not go up before the weekend as well, to avoid the hit to get him back.

Yeah and like someone else on here said recently, the BB chip is possibly a hindrance - especially when we plan to play it in a DGW - trying to get 14 DGW players (plus Salah) is a headache. TC is straightforward I think - it's probably Lukaku in 34 or Kane in 37. FH in 35 is no brainer with the way my squad is shaping up.

Yeah and like someone else on here said recently, the BB chip is possibly a hindrance - especially when we plan to play it in a DGW - trying to get 14 DGW players (plus Salah) is a headache. TC is straightforward I think - it's probably Lukaku in 34 or Kane in 37. FH in 35 is no brainer with the way my squad is shaping up.

For GW34. I could have up to 11DGW players, with Salah playing ahead of one of them. GW37, 12 DGW on current predictions, BB bringing me up to 27 players. FH is ano brainer for GW35 as well, but who is the head scratcher.

Crellin and Cartman deserve alot of thanks.

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    For GW34. I could have up to 11DGW players, with Salah playing ahead of one of them. GW37, 12 DGW on current predictions, BB bringing me up to 27 players. FH is ano brainer for GW35 as well, but who is the head scratcher.

Crellin and Cartman deserve alot of thanks.

Absolutely, that spreadsheet was a godsend. The issue I'm struggling with is - am I really considering a 4 or 8 point hit to bring in Simpson, Morgan, Albrighton, Gross, Kenedy, Ki etc over the next few weeks...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

TC isn't as straight forward as that as you can't play BB and TC in the same week.

It looks as if Lukaku is going to be the TC choice for GW34 due to BB for 37, but I'm really not comfortable with wasting my TC on Lukaku (....again).

At the moment, I'd nearly hold off and put the TC on Kane or Salah in one of the SGWs.

Wilberto wrote: »
    TC isn't as straight forward as that as you can't play BB and TC in the same week.

It looks as if Lukaku is going to be the TC choice for GW34 due to BB for 37, but I'm really not comfortable with wasting my TC on Lukaku (....again).

At the moment, I'd nearly hold off and put the TC on Kane or Salah in one of the SGWs.

I hear you. Not gone on the Lukaku TC 34 either. He's let us all down many times on such occasions... Kane 37 is more appealing but as you say BB is planned for that week as it'll take that long to get a decent BB squad in place. I'm considering Sanchez TC 34 because for some strange reason I've had him for the last 6/7 weeks (not giving that much for his price until yesterday)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Quinn_29 wrote: »
    Why have both ddg and hart. Could use the funds of hart elsewhere

I was thinking the same, Masuaku is there at 4.2 with OOP potential and west ham defence.

But Hart is 4.2 now

Probably nailed on for the run in, so cheapest way to have a DGW 2nd GK in gw37.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

For those with no wildcard play the TC in the week you think its best. Play the BB in any week you can get 15 players that seem likely to play with reasonable fixtures I'd doesn't have to be in a dgw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

For those with no wildcard play the TC in the week you think its best. Play the BB in any week you can get 15 players that seem likely to play with reasonable fixtures I'd doesn't have to be in a dgw.

Simplest way is to pick the first 11 a player would play each week until the end of the season then compare all their sub lineups and pick the best looking one.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Simplest way is to pick the first 11 a player would play each week until the end of the season then compare all their sub lineups and pick the best looking one.

And do it as soon as possible if its a marginal decisipn because if you wait there will be suspensions, injuries, players dropped etc. Often you will need a hit to play BB or you have to sell one bench player thats lost his place for another to get 15 players. Having to do this then means you can't make another move you would like to make and could make if you weren't playing BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Just played my Wildcard and went ok - still a couple of gaps. Auba to Lukaku was the plan for GW34 but tempted to abandon that and take a 4 point hit (banking transfer this week) to go;

Willian > Allen
    Mahrez > Sanchez
    Auba > Kane

Number of reasons, think Sanchez looked very very good yesterday. Not exactly great with FA Cup semi final the week after DGW34 but think he's a better hope than lukaku. Plan all along was to BB in 34 (will have 27 players I think) and then TC in 37, but somewhat tempted to TC Sanchez in 34 and BB in 37, should still have a around 26/27 players. Home to a dire WBA (may depend on what boss they take in) and away to BOU who leak goals. Only issue will be whether or not he might get rested for BOU midweek with Spurs in Semi Final at the weekend. Head is melted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

shineon23 wrote: »
    So how'd you spend your bank holiday Shineon?

'Well I sorted out my FPL strategy for the run in by using Cartman's spreadsheet to key in all my rivals teams and took note of their remaining chips,
    and despite being 5th in a 7 horse race currently, I'll be spending the week informing some of my 6 friends that Paddy Power has declared me favourite for the title come May.
    I'll be telling a couple of bed wetters than they are probably favourites for the W to induce said bed wetting,'

Sometimes I wish the people I play against try as hard I as do to beat them :P

I should be far more hated in that private league than I think I am, nothing to do with skill or lack thereof just due to pure abuse giving.

I think you are my new hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

I'm sure this is covered in one of the spreadsheets but only have my phone and can't open them for some reason. What teams have a game in gw35 and a double gw in 37?

I'm using FH for gw34 but at the moment I only have 9 players that have a game in 35 so need to add to this while also bringing in guys that play twice in 37. Thanks.

I'm sure this is covered in one of the spreadsheets but only have my phone and can't open them for some reason. What teams have a game in gw35 and a double gw in 37?

I'm using FH for gw34 but at the moment I only have 9 players that have a game in 35 so need to add to this while also bringing in guys that play twice in 37. Thanks.

On current predictions, Arsenal, City, Newcastle, Swansea, West Ham.

On a similar subject, I have read here that GW 37 fixtures are due to be updated today, any confirmation on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

What teams have a game in gw35 and a double gw in 37?

Although the GW37 haven't actually been confirmed yet, at the moment it looks like:
    Arsenal, City, Newcastle, Swansea and West Ham

I'll be getting in City players from GW35 onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Although the GW37 haven't actually been confirmed yet, at the moment it looks like:

With the league wrapped up and possibly a Champions league semi final it could be a mine field with rotation though. Jesus/Aguero swapping minutes.
    Dilva Bilva Sane Sterling Gundogan all rotating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

With the league wrapped up and possibly a Champions league semi final it could be a mine field with rotation though. Jesus/Aguero swapping minutes.
    Dilva Bilva Sane Sterling Gundogan all rotating

I doubt it. Pep has admitted that one of his big mistakes at Bayern was to rotate in the league, once the title was wrapped up, to concentrate on the Champions league. He said the players were then stale as a result.

Also it's city and they score a tonne of goals!

I'll be looking at Sterling or Sané in particular. I don't think I'll have room for a city striker.

Just the City Keeper for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Chelsea will also have one

Chelsea will also have one

They do, but they are not playing GW35. Question was teams playing in GW35, who also have a double in GW37.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Thanks to my great interest in planning ahead, I find myself with a grand total of 2 DGW players for GW34! However I do have a full team for GW35, and all chips bar AOA.

Initially I was going to use WC this gameweek and bench boost 34, but it would leave a depleted team for 35 (could use free hit). Would it be madness instead to use Free Hit in GW34, revert back to my original full team for 35 (will have a free transfer to tweak it), Then play WC36 and Bench Boost 37, considering no team will be blanking after GW37. Also have TC left that I could use on a punt in a single game week 36/38.

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Thanks to my great interest in planning ahead, I find myself with a grand total of 2 DGW players for GW34! However I do have a full team for GW35, and all chips bar AOA.

Initially I was going to use WC this gameweek and bench boost 34, but it would leave a depleted team for 35 (could use free hit). Would it be madness instead to use Free Hit in GW34, revert back to my original full team for 35 (will have a free transfer to tweak it), Then play WC36 and Bench Boost 37, considering no team will be blanking after GW37. Also have TC left that I could use on a punt in a single game week 36/38.

None of the rest of us have that one either.

;)

If you have a Full Team for GW35, saving the WC, and have a depleted team for a DGW, then maybe that is the time to play the freehit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I almost think it would be better if there were no chips and you just had to resort to points hits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I doubt it. Pep has admitted that one of his big mistakes at Bayern was to rotate in the league, once the title was wrapped up, to concentrate on the Champions league. He said the players were then stale as a result.

Also it's city and they score a tonne of goals!

I'll be looking at Sterling or Sané in particular. I don't think I'll have room for a city striker.

He's already said he'll be picking his team next weekend with the midweek Champions League game in mind. Might only mean one or two changes we'll wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

dsmythy wrote: »
    He's already said he'll be picking his team next weekend with the midweek Champions League game in mind. Might only mean one or two changes we'll wait and see.

Its weird given his previous comments! We'll have to wait and see but I think it won't be too drastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

JIdontknow wrote: »

Yeah your set up ideally for it.
    I'm not sure if BB in GW35 would work for you, but it would enable you to concentrate on your starting 11 with the wildcard and TC Kane (say) in GW37.

Of course this run-in strategy may not beat the popular one (which would cost you perhaps 0.7M more now than it did for the WCers last week)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Alexander-Arnold looks set to start for Liverpool: "The only problem we have is that Clyney has been a long time without football. Physically, he is fit – but he has no football rhythm, to be honest. It’s a very special game tomorrow night and a very demanding opponent." #LFC

Clyne defo starting this weekend so

• Advertisement

Injuries stacking up a bit for Liverpool making it harder to rotate. Gomez matip can and llalana.

Advertisement