Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

So what's the general concensus on TC options for the rest of the season, most likely in 34 or 37?

These 5/6 look the best to me:

Lukaku 34
    Sanchez 34
    Kane 34 or 37
    Auba 37
    City player 37 (but who?)

If Aguero is fit and likely to play both in 37, it could be a good shout. 2 big ifs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Kane 37 for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

So what's the general concensus on TC options for the rest of the season, most likely in 34 or 37?

These 5/6 look the best to me:

Lukaku 34
    Sanchez 34
    Kane 34 or 37
    Auba 37
    City player 37 (but who?)

If Aguero is fit and likely to play both in 37, it could be a good shout. 2 big ifs though.

Leaning towards Lukaku in 34. Two tasty fixtures and he is a flat track bully. Going to BB in 37

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Benimar wrote: »
    Leaning towards Lukaku in 34. Two tasty fixtures and he is a flat track bully. Going to BB in 37

This was always the initial plan for me as well. I'm struggling to place any amount of faith in Lukaku though. I'd nearly prefer to stick it on Kane in 36 or Auba/Salah in 38!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Benimar wrote: »

I’m looking at how many players I have for 34 and 37 now and it’s the same
    But I’ve longer to get more in for 37
    I don’t have lukaku though

My transfers this week will decide it
    Having no FH 35 is tricky Cos if I want to TC this week I’ll have to sell salah for Sanchez or auba for lukaku ........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Gw1 BB for me next year . That chip is so much hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Gw1 BB for me next year . That chip is so much hassle.

Or you could just wait and see how this thread works out for you :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057855723

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Can you use BB chip and FH chip in same week ?

rekluse wrote: »

No

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

rekluse wrote: »

Still no, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Anyone thinking of dropping Salah after GW36 for Stering.If he is not injured (Salah) he has nice fixtures and should still get game time,and perfect time to drop Salah for Sterling for his double game week .
    I have Auybameyang and not sure what to do with him,I am in no rush for Kane especially since he doesn't have a game the week after upcoming game week and Auybameyang does but if there was an alternative I would consider that.

This game week AKE and Bench fodder Mbemba to Smalling and Morgan
    After GW34 Arnie to Zaha .
    After GW36 VVD to Otemendi and Salah to Sterling .

My team is

Courtois Elliot
    Alonso Ake Monreal VVD Mbemba
    Salah Willian Anie Lingard Carroll
    Auybameyang Lukaku Vardy

No wildcard or free hit just bench boost and Triple captain and planning using the tripple captain chip on Lukaku GW34 and then BB GW37

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Anyone with all chips + WC have any opinions on when to use them?

jive wrote: »

Depends on your current team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

jive wrote: »

Between now and May 13th, ideally.

If I bank TC and B.B. this year will they carry over next year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Need to replace Van Der Horn and Gudmonsson, any suggestions for the double week where i'll be bench boosting...
    4.4 & 5.1m

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Need to replace Van Der Horn and Gudmonsson, any suggestions for the double week where i'll be bench boosting...
    4.4 & 5.1m

@BenDinnery: Mee an early doubt for Leicester: "We’re not sure how long Ben will be. It’s a knock on his shin that has flared and it just needs a period of time to settle down." Meanwhile, Johann Berg Gudmundsson has a "chance" if he has a good week "so we'll wait and see". #twitterclarets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

km79 wrote: »
    If I bank TC and B.B. this year will they carry over next year ?

That's how Kev has so many wildcards and Free hits I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

I have a 38 point lead in my league. I have TC and BB to play. 2nd place has wildcard and TC and BB to play. I'm going to TC this week.

Have the choice of Lukaku, Vardy, Pogba, and Sanchez (once I do free transfers).

Am thinking Lukaku is the safe bet. Am not sure what 2nd place will do obviously.

Do I try protect lead and take safe option? Or go (slightly) alternate and select say Vardy to try extend lead. If I knew what 2nd would do it would be so much easier!

What would you do in my position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

km79 wrote: »
    @BenDinnery: Mee an early doubt for Leicester: "We’re not sure how long Ben will be. It’s a knock on his shin that has flared and it just needs a period of time to settle down." Meanwhile, Johann Berg Gudmundsson has a "chance" if he has a good week "so we'll wait and see". #twitterclarets

If those two Burnley boys aren't confirmed fit before the weekend I'll have to cancel my BB and play TC instead

• Advertisement

elbyrneo wrote: »
    I have a 38 point lead in my league. I have TC and BB to play. 2nd place has wildcard and TC and BB to play. I'm going to TC this week.

Have the choice of Lukaku, Vardy, Pogba, and Sanchez (once I do free transfers).

Am thinking Lukaku is the safe bet. Am not sure what 2nd place will do obviously.

Do I try protect lead and take safe option? Or go (slightly) alternate and select say Vardy to try extend lead. If I knew what 2nd would do it would be so much easier!

What would you do in my position?
    Go with who I think will get the most points and forget trying to second guess opponents

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Lets assume that I've done no research until today, mainly because I haven't :pac:

My plan was:

34: Wildcard
    35: FH
    36: Gear up for 37:
    37: BB
    38: Be thankful this season is finally over.

However....

Would there be method in:

34: Free-hit
    35: Currently have 8/9 players and transfer in 1 or 2 at a hit to field players
    36: Wildcard

Seems like the free hit this week would actually make life easier in gearing up for the second double in 37?

Lets assume that I've done no research until today, mainly because I haven't :pac:

My plan was:

34: Wildcard
    35: FH
    36: Gear up for 37:

However....

Would there be method in:

34: Free-hit
    35: Currently have 8/9 players and transfer in 1 or 2 at a hit to field players
    36: Wildcard

Seems like the free hit this week would actually make life easier in gearing up for the second double in 37?

Good strategy . If not happy with your team come me gw35 you could also just WC in 35. FH in a dgw over a bgw 100% for me. Once your reasonably set up for the bgw.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Good strategy . If not happy with your team come me gw35 you could also just WC in 35. FH in a dgw over a bgw 100% for me. Once your reasonably set up for the bgw.

Cheers, I just needed to hear that.

My season has gone completely off the rails so I just want to go down in a blaze of glory, but with a solid strategy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Looking at things I'm contemplating going TC GW34 and BB GW37 but no real solid stand out TC captain next week.

Current team is
    DDG Dubravka
    Smalling Lowton Azpil VDH Lascelles
    Sterling Silva Willian Gudmonsson Kenedy
    Auba Lukaku Morata.

For GW34 I have 8 double playing players and for GW37 I have 13 - the two being Burnley players which I can transfer out.
     Currently have 2 FTs so might wiggle in Kane for TC??Any thoughts am I on the right line of thinking?

Cheers, I just needed to hear that.

My season has gone completely off the rails so I just want to go down in a blaze of glory, but with a solid strategy :pac:

Stick your team id and strategy into the chip comparison thread. I need a late wildcarder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I know exactly what I'm going to do now

tumblr_muki4jl4Pd1spd598o1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am sticking with the BB this week. I just think the risk of rotation is bigger in 37 than now. But it is a head wrecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I'm sticking with BB this week as well. Just want rid of the damn thing at this stage. There's a lot to be said for playing it GW1 as Busts suggested!

• Advertisement

I am sticking with the BB this week. I just think the risk of rotation is bigger in 37 than now. But it is a head wrecker.

I’ve nothing much to play for at this stage so I just want the joy of seeing my team packed with DGWers for 37

Advertisement