Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I've 103.5 for a FH team this week. Anyone want to put up what they would go with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I've 103.5 for a FH team this week. Anyone want to put up what they would go with.

De Gea (Nordfeldt)
    Lowton, Chilwell, Duffy (Dummet, Long)
    Sanchez, Salah, Son, Willian (King)
    Kane, Lukaku, Austin

103.5 on the nose for 10 doublers plus Salah. Defence is very weak of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

tailgunner wrote: »
    De Gea (Nordfeldt)
    Lowton, Chilwell, Duffy (Dummet, Long)
    Sanchez, Salah, Son, Willian (King)
    Kane, Lukaku, Austin

103.5 on the nose for 10 doublers plus Salah. Defence is very weak of course!

I’ve 3 of that back 5 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I’ve 3 of that back 5 :D

So do I!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

tailgunner wrote: »
    So do I!

4 if i include De Gea from his back 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

"Tottenham have lodged an appeal to the Premier League in a bid to ensure Harry Kane is credited for their second goal against Stoke, according to Sky sources."

"Obviously as a striker, it would be great to win the Golden Boot again and I will keep working hard from now until the end of the season. I swear on my daughter’s life that I touched the ball! But there’s nothing I can do."

The man is that desperate for goals.

A DGW against West Brom and Newcastle will be very hard to resist. I think I'll TC him then.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Golden boot. Daughter. Golden boot. Daughter.

Mmmm.... How big is the golden boot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Golden boot. Daughter. Golden boot. Daughter.

Mmmm.... How big is the golden boot?

I don't think I have laughed harder in my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Desperate stuff from Kane, you'd have to wonder what Eriksen thinks of it all and how it affects team morale.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Desperate stuff from Kane, you'd have to wonder what Eriksen thinks of it all and how it affects team morale.

More to the point, can the points be reallocated to Kane now the gameweek has passed? Is there a precedent for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Kane in Aubameyang out
    Artnaovic out Young in to pay for Kane

Kane looks like he'll do everything to get that boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

My don't care much about the doubles team

De Gea
    Maguire Moses Smalling Lowton Goldson
    Salah Sterling Eriksen Son McTominay
    Kane Wood Austin

My I adore doubles and Salah team

De Gea
    Vert Smalling Lowton Long Goldson
    Salah Hazard Eriksen Gross McTominay
    Kane Vardy Wood

Both should come in cheaper I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

SkySter wrote: »
    More to the point, can the points be reallocated to Kane now the gameweek has passed? Is there a precedent for this?

No precedent for a player himself appealing rather than dubious goals committee themselves changing it at a later date
    Precedent for gameweek points being changed after deadline for Gareth bale assist and bonus

Their rules are "fluid" for almost everything now !

dsmythy wrote: »
    My don't care much about the doubles team

De Gea
    Maguire Moses Smalling Lowton Goldson
    Salah Sterling Eriksen Son McTominay
    Kane Wood Austin

My I adore doubles and Salah team

De Gea
    Vert Smalling Lowton Long Goldson
    Salah Hazard Eriksen Gross McTominay
    Kane Vardy Wood

Both should come in cheaper I think?

If you are playing FH next week you absolutely have to have either Sanchez or lukaku
    Sanchez ideally

km79 wrote: »

If you are playing FH next week you absolutely have to have either Sanchez or lukaku
    Sanchez ideally

I'm not but yeah that was a quick thrown together team for interest sakes. First team could probably accommodate either with small adjustments. I personally don't see a United goalfest these next two games despite the opponents. Would be happy looking at alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »
    No precedent for a player himself appealing rather than dubious goals committee themselves changing it at a later date
    Precedent for gameweek points being changed after deadline for Gareth bale assist and bonus

Their rules are "fluid" for almost everything now !

There are a couple of big differences though. The Bale assist was clearly an incorrect call by FPL. I’m also 95% sure the cut off wasn’t as tight as it is now (1 hour) as I think the tight cut off was brought in in response to the Bale one.

Also, the referee would have recorded the goal on saturday as Eriksens. Kane is requesting a referees decision is overturned. It’s effectively the same as appealing a red card. FPL will not change points after the deadline based on an appeal of a refereeing decision. They would have no option but to give points back to anyone who had a player sent off who subsequently had the decision overturned.

Benimar wrote: »
    There are a couple of big differences though. The Bale assist was clearly an incorrect call by FPL. I’m also 95% sure the cut off wasn’t as tight as it is now (1 hour) as I think the tight cut off was brought in in response to the Bale one.

Also, the referee would have recorded the goal on saturday as Eriksens. Kane is requesting a referees decision is overturned. It’s effectively the same as appealing a red card. FPL will not change points after the deadline based on an appeal of a refereeing decision. They would have no option but to give points back to anyone who had a player sent off who subsequently had the decision overturned.

Refs report not a factor in goal scorers and would not have been received by FA Saturday anyway
    But I agree it won't be added by FPL anyway WHEN it's awarded to kane
    And it will be

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Free Hit active this week. Looking for any tips/guidance, team is as follows

De Gea

Smalling Chilwell Lowton

Sanchez Son Mahrez Salah

Kane Vardy Austin

Subs Coleman Rosenior Mbemba A.King 0.1 ITB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

stuba wrote: »
    Free Hit active this week. Looking for any tips/guidance, team is as follows

De Gea

Smalling Chilwell Lowton

Sanchez Son Mahrez Salah

Kane Vardy Austin

Subs Coleman Rosenior Mbemba A.King 0.1 ITB

If you're doing a free hit surely you'd have 11 DGW players?

callaway92 wrote: »
    If you're doing a free hit surely you'd have 11 DGW players?

I would absolutely 100% have 10 + Salah if I was FHing (As he has)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Liverpool playing champions league just a few days after West Brom in the skinny gameweek. Huge rotation risks now for their big players, particularly Salah. I am free hitting that week so will be looking at the likes of Ings, Ox and Clyne.

I would absolutely 100% have 10 + Salah if I was FHing (As he has)

I personally wouldn't. Guys like Alli/Eriksen/Pogba/Hazard represent a better chance of getting more points over two games for me.

Salah 8.8 PPG
    Eriksen 5.7 PPG
    Alli 5.1 PPG
    Pogba 5.6 PPG
    Hazard 5.5 PPG

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

It's a tricky one. I could go Vardy and Salah to Willian and Lukaku. That would leave me with 0 in the the bank and needing to get rid of Smalling.

stuba wrote: »
    It's a tricky one. I could go Vardy and Salah to Willian and Lukaku. That would leave me with 0 in the the bank and needing to get rid of Smalling.

Ya, don't get me wrong, it def is a tricky choice and I can see above some think go Salah, but I'm just not seeing how (if going by PPG) it's the logical choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Just realized that if I'm set on TC Kane in DGW37, I'll probably need to BB this week. No FH or WC left, but my options on the bench aren't the worst. Think I'll do it. (Hennessy, Mustafi, Mariappa, King)

Ya, don't get me wrong, it def is a tricky choice and I can see above some think go Salah, but I'm just not seeing how (if going by PPG) it's the logical choice.

Two things:
    1. PPG only becomes relevant if players play both games. All 4 players you mentioned have a Cup SF straight after the DGW - and realistically the Cup is all any of them have left to play for. There is a good degree of probability that some (ie: the one he chooses!) will be rested - Eriksen and Hazard especially I would think.
    2. Salahs one game is at home...to Bournemouth!

Two things:
    1. PPG only becomes relevant if players play both games. All 4 players you mentioned have a Cup SF straight after the DGW - and realistically the Cup is all any of them have left to play for. There is a good degree of probability that some (ie: the one he chooses!) will be rested - Eriksen and Hazard especially I would think.
    2. Salahs one game is at home...to Bournemouth!

High possibility Salah won't be playing buddy.

You have to look at it as if the players will be playing both games (going by season trends so far). You can start looking into stuff too much to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

You have to look at it as if the players will be playing both games (going by season trends so far). You can start looking into stuff too much to be honest.

Agree
    Why would Klopp risk his best attacking getting injured before the Semi-finals.

So Salah can forget about the rest of the season going by that logic? Not sure he'd agree. I thought the same myself but changed my mind about this coming week. He'll play.

• Advertisement

I’ll be stunned if Salah doesn’t play. Absolutely no reason he won’t, it’s 10 days before the SF

Advertisement