Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Invincible wrote: »
    Agree
    Why would Klopp risk his best attacking getting injured before the Semi-finals.

Because sitting on his arse for 2 weeks is not good preparation for a CL SF!

Salah will need game time, and he had a rest last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

dsmythy wrote: »
    So Salah can forget about the rest of the season going by that logic? Not sure he'd agree. I thought the same myself but changed my mind about this coming week. He'll play.

Just going on what happened in previous seasons, think it was with Chelsea resting players coming up to the later stages of CL.
    If Salah was to get injured in a PL match, it's a big loss for Semi.

Just going on what happened in previous seasons, think it was with Chelsea resting players coming up to the later stages of CL.

He will be rested, but he can’t be rested for every league game, he needs to play football.

I think Klopp will go all out to win the next 2 games. Liverpool need 3 wins to guarantee CL football. If they win the next 2 he can play the U-18s if he likes against Stoke as, even if they lose that and Chelsea manage to win all their remaining games, Liverpool will only have to beat Brighton on the last day to wrap it up.

Logically GW36 makes the most sense for rotation as it’s between the two legs of the SF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Salah will play this weekend
    He won’t play much of 35 imo which is a problem !
    Or 36 when I’ll sell him

km79 wrote: »
    Salah will play this weekend
    He won’t play much of 35 imo which is a problem !
    Or 36 when I’ll sell him

Agree on 34 and 36. I think his minutes in 35 depends on whether the semi is the Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If he fails to score this weekend I'll be having major regret about keeping him. I don't think he'll play 90 in GW36 and that will be his last rest unless he steams ahead in the golden boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

km79 wrote:
    Salah will play this weekend He won’t play much of 35 imo which is a problem ! Or 36 when I’ll sell him

He will probably come off the bench or at best get 60 minutes..no need risking starting against Bournemouth and he's hardly short of fitness or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think Salah depends on how realistic his groin injury was. If he has been struggling with one, and just played 90 minutes in a really intense game, he would be at high injury risk 4 days later.

But the fact that he wasn’t subbed off as soon as the game was won, suggests he might not be struggling at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"He swore on his daughter's life your honour, he must be telling the truth."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

This Kane news would make ya wanna TC Salah this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

"He swore on his daughter's life your honour, he must be telling the truth."

PJ doesn't have any children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

dsmythy wrote: »
    So Salah can forget about the rest of the season going by that logic? Not sure he'd agree. I thought the same myself but changed my mind about this coming week. He'll play.

That’s not even close to the correct logic we are talking about here.

We aren’t saying he’ll be completely deserted of minutes in the premier league for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'll be hoping for a hint from Klopp. Anything short of "I won't be rotating" and I may well transfer Salah out. Of course we'll get no hints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

sheroman01 wrote: »
    This Kane news would make ya wanna TC Salah this week.

Kane news?

callaway92 wrote: »
    That’s not even close to the correct logic we are talking about here.

We aren’t saying he’ll be completely deserted of minutes in the premier league for the rest of the season.

We are talking about keeping him this GW and whether he will play though.

If you think he won’t play v Bournemouth, what games do you think he will play? GW35 and 36 are just before SF games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Apologies if this has been asked and answered already but I could find any mention of it...

I plan to play my Free Hit for GW35. If I make a transfer before activating my Free Hit, is that player in my team for GW36, or does my team revert back to the GW34 lads?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered already but I could find any mention of it...

I plan to play my Free Hit for GW35. If I make a transfer before activating my Free Hit, is that player in my team for GW36, or does my team revert back to the GW34 lads?

In order to avoid poor KM79s head exploding, I’ll answer the (often asked) question.

Your team reverts back. You do not get to keep the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think salah will 100% start one of the next two games and a fair chance the two. If his groin is niggling at him and the 1st leg of cl is a wed it might make sense to rest him this week and play against wba. I reckon we will know or not if he is going to be starting this weekend through the team being leaked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Benimar wrote: »
    In order to avoid poor KM79s head exploding, I’ll answer the (often asked) question.

Your team reverts back. You do not get to keep the player.

There is a thread started now by someone else with same question .
    Well I think it is as the thread is titled Free Hot chip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

km79 wrote: »
    There is a thread started now by someone else with same question .
    Well I think it is as the thread is titled Free Hot chip

Oh my, I'm famished,
    I'd definitely be interested in a thread about a free hot chip!

• Advertisement

Ddg vert eriksen or Ryan lowton Kane.

Ddg vert eriksen or Ryan lowton Kane.

DDG, Vertonghen and Eriksen all day long.

DDG, Vertonghen and Eriksen all day long.

Absolutely!

That's what I'm thinking gives me a FH team of
    Ddg
    Long Morgan vert
    Mahrez eriksen alli Sanchez gross
    Vardy lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Lukaku or Kane captain this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

MayoSalmon wrote: »

Lukaku TC for me, although not overly confident, Kane not 100% fit for me and all the crap that went on over the phantom goal and the appeal has to affect him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

MayoSalmon wrote: »

The poll on the captain thread is overwhelmingly Lukaku, which makes it the sensible option. Kane is good if you want/need a slight gamble (and it is only a slight gamble)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Having watched United the last few weeks I really don't understand how Sanchez is not getting as much love as Lukaku. Especially with the Salah injury/rotation risk. I think if you're looking for a safe option you need to take into consideration what is around you. If you're in a money league, and you just need to be stable, have a look at your rivals. See how many transfers they made last week, see how much money they've got in the bank, and it can be easy enough to anticipate they're next move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

28av3s.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

COH wrote: »
    28av3s.jpg

Should be made a sticky

Advertisement