Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

It doesn't matter if you transfer out the DGW34 players who are rising as you will be getting them back next gameweek and any rises or falls will be reflected in your bank balance.

But it could affect what players you can get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

FH team - draft 1

Cech (dubravka)
    Robertson Tomkins Mustafi (Long Lowton)
    Salah Sterling De Bruyne Milivojevic (Kenedy)
    Jesus Firmino Aubemayeng

3 arse
    3 city
    3 pool
    2 palace
    2 Newcastle
    2 Burnley

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

It doesn't matter if you transfer out the DGW34 players who are rising as you will be getting them back next gameweek and any rises or falls will be reflected in your bank balance.

Yes, but you "sell" them mid-week so you have less to spend on your free hit team if you sell before their rise.

Your normal team when it reverts will keep all the rises.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

I'm in the free hit gang, and I'll be waiting until Friday night/Saturday morning before I do anything. Mainly waiting to see if I can get a glimpse of the City & Liverpool line ups. Liverpool in particular, with Roma game on the Tuesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

wardides wrote: »
    I'm in the free hit gang, and I'll be waiting until Friday night/Saturday morning before I do anything. Mainly waiting to see if I can get a glimpse of the City & Liverpool line ups. Liverpool in particular, with Roma game on the Tuesday!

If you're definitely playing free hit then you can chop and change all you want. No need to wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Alderweireld close to dropping to 5.7
    Be ideal if he gets back fit soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »

The rumour is he is being ‘Kyle Walkered’. There is a contract issue and Pochettino is freezing him out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Where will be rotation next week so be sure to have a bench of decent players...Long, Kenedy etc.

Benimar wrote: »

The rumour is he is being ‘Kyle Walkered’. There is a contract issue and Pochettino is freezing him out.
    Yeah I had seen that
    But in this week's press conference poch said he has 2 years and not 1 year left so it's all unclear now
    Pity cos he is their best defender and my preferred FF option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

First stab at the FH:
    Cech
    Keane Klaven Mariappa
    Salah Sterling DeBruyne Ramsey
    Firmino Jesus Auba

Nordfeldt Kenedy Masuaku Gamez

Thoughts please. Sub keeper is dodgey if Cech doesn’t start, waiting on Ramsey fitness, and also rotation concerns over main players

• Advertisement

I have been very worried about 35 with no FH and I still am
    But I’m beginning to see an upside too
    My signings(city players) will be there to stay and I can get spurs players in the week after
    Those on FH will revert back to DGW set up .......

I may go as far as a 12 pt hit yet as I’m also setting up for B.B. 37
    Jesus is a risk though unless we get concrete news on aguero
    No transfers before Friday for me
    Sucked up a price drop last night

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I have been very worried about 35 with no FH and I still am
    But I’m beginning to see an upside too
    My signings(city players) will be there to stay and I can get spurs players in the week after
    Those on FH will revert back to DGW set up .......

I may go as far as a 12 pt hit yet as I’m also setting up for B.B. 37
    Jesus is a risk though unless we get concrete news on aguero
    No transfers before Friday for me
    Sucked up a price drop last night

I've been saying that for a while. The 35 FH will take hits for city players in gw36. Next week is a good week to take hits for city players.

I've been saying that for a while. The 35 FH will take hits for city players in gw36. Next week is a good week to take hits for city players.

The problem is which ones
    Sterling in and keeping

But Jesus ? Could be rotated again within a gameweek
    Gundogan the same
    It’s also a question of where I get the money from Cos the 2 I want rid of most are doucore and grobb and they won’t raise much cash ! Doucore could even get yet another stay of execution but I doubt it

Lukaku could easily go again for me
    Mahrez if he blanks again

Is there not a chance that those with City players in GW34 may also need to take hits in 36 as rotation becomes a massive risk? I know they've nothing else to play for, but Pep could give the likes of Foden, Diaz etc a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

The World Cup coming up adds to the rotation consideration also. Do players wish to rest more or be sharp and showing form coming up to the tournament?

For a cert like Hazard rest would probably be most important but for somebody who wishes to be in the country's starting 11 or squad, maybe they ask the manager to play? I'd be thinking somebody like Alonso or Jesus for example is asking to play...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

For me (a FH'er) I'll be getting in Sterling for GW37, and that's pretty much it. City have been a minefield this season, not just because of the potential of rotation, but because of their abundance of riches. Yes, a City player can score a massive haul in a given week, but which one? It could be anyone of Silva, Sterling, Sane, KDB, and now Gundogs, plus the whole Jesus/Aguero debacle.

Wilberto wrote: »
    For me (a FH'er) I'll be getting in Sterling for GW37, and that's pretty much it. City have been a minefield this season, not just because of the potential of rotation, but because of their abundance of riches. Yes, a City player can score a massive haul in a given week, but which one? It could be anyone of Silva, Sterling, Sane, KDB, and now Gundogs, plus the whole Jesus/Aguero debacle.

Same could be said of Eriksen /Alli/son
    I’ve been on the wrong one all season
    But I’ll still be getting one from 36 on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sterling in and keeping

Gundogan the same
    It’s also a question of where I get the money from Cos the 2 I want rid of most are doucore and grobb and they won’t raise much cash ! Doucore could even get yet another stay of execution but I doubt it

I'll be getting in sterling and sane. One of them will always start and if the league isn't won by next week they will both start. Even for the double because the fixtures are so good 120 mins is enough.

Sterling in and keeping

Gundogan the same

I'll be getting in sterling and sane. One of them will always start and if the league isn't won by next week they will both start. Even for the double because the fixtures are so good 120 mins is enough.
    I’m of the same mind now I think
    Mahrez will probably have to go .........salah will also make way in 36

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

All the planning in the world with multiple DGW players and then players like Lukaku (TC) at home to West Brom......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'll have no bench as I've no FH, so i'll just have to pray that a miracle happens and whatever captain I choose runs amok.

7 players without a transfer.

if DGW 34 ends with me a few points ahead in my main league, I might use some points to get to at least 10 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

If next week is anything like this DGW, hits could be a waste.

Was there ever a worse DGW than this one? I know, there's a few games to go, but still

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

jay0109 wrote: »
    If next week is anything like this DGW, hits could be a waste.

Was there ever a worse DGW than this one? I know, there's a few games to go, but still

To have a load of dgw players I took out or benched Salah, Firmino, Milivojevic and Sterling. To make matters worse I took out some of the few DGW players who did well at the last minute to accommodate Harry Kane. Disaster of a week so far and will probably cost me winning the main money league - I've already lost my 50 point cushion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

United's loss changes everything now
    Expect a full City team to play GW35 at home and given they are champions I'm sure they'll want to put on a show

Only problem is choosing which 3.
    Do you go 2mids and Jesus
    3mids
    1 defender and 2 mids

Choices choices

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Expect a full City team to play GW35 at home and given they are champions I'm sure they'll want to put on a show

3mids
    1 defender and 2 mids

Choices choices

I wouldn't even bother with a defender. Most people will have Otamendi as a City defender, who probably won't start, so I'd expect to see most go without City defensive cover (apart from few who have Walker & Ederson). Would say best way to go about this weekend is load up on Jesus & 2 midfielders (I'll probably go Sane & KDB if possible).

Any news on whether David Silva will continue the season? Now they have wrapped up the league, could there be a chance he might be given some more time off to spend at home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I wouldn't even bother with a defender. Most people will have Otamendi as a City defender, who probably won't start, so I'd expect to see most go without City defensive cover (apart from few who have Walker & Ederson). Would say best way to go about this weekend is load up on Jesus & 2 midfielders (I'll probably go Sane & KDB if possible).

Any news on whether David Silva will continue the season? Now they have wrapped up the league, could there be a chance he might be given some more time off to spend at home?
    Good point to keep in mind.

Dubliner28 wrote: »

3mids
    1 defender and 2 mids

Choices choices

3 attackers without a doubt. Jesus, Sane, Sterling for me. Might change.

There are almost zero clean sheets in recent weeks.

I’ll be getting in a strong a front seven as possible and Kenedy/Wood as first sub. My defenders will be there for attacking threat first. Looking at Mustafi and Monreal.

The best thing is you can easily have a team where they’ll attackers do not face the defenders on your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Lads, I posted something similar in the Wildcard thread, but it currently has a population of 1!

Looking at a GW35 WC and a GW37 BB. Currently on:

Ederson, Fabianski
    VVD (possible -4 to Smalling in 37), Vertonghen, Chilwell, Masuaku, Dummett
    Salah, Eriksen, Sterling, Arnautovic, Zaha
    Jesus, Aubameyang, J.Ayew

2FT to do Salah + Auba/Jesus to approx 7m midfielder and Kane in GW37

Any opinions greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Think it was mentioned here he does have a world cup I'm sure he'd like to be fit for and possibly play in.

Advertisement