Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

dsmythy wrote: »
    Is this the time for a risk? Betting against Kane basically.

No prob not,
    Was only considering it
    But I do like that midfield trio of
    Alli, eriksen and son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Free hit is very tempting, won't go with 3 West ham but probably two. Thinking a few Leicester players thrown in as well might be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Fuppit....I'm in..I think...finger hovering on the Free Hit button..

Draft 1:
    Hennessy
    Jones Ottamendi Ogbonna
    Son Eriksen Arnie Lanzini Arnie Sterling
    Kane Aguerooooo

Risky maybe but might be good craic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Triple captain seems too much of a gamble now with the dobut over Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Going free hit also everyone on my bench has been dropped, Salah injured and have no Spurs or West ham players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Fuppit....I'm in..I think...finger hovering on the Free Hit button..

Draft 1:
    Hennessy
    Jones Ottamendi Ogbonna
    Son Eriksen Arnie Lanzini Arnie Sterling
    Kane Aguerooooo

Risky maybe but might be good craic

Done...feel liberated but nervous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    Starting to consider the free hit more and more given the fact that it's certain that Jesus is gone for at least this week.

The way I'd be currently lining up for this week:

Pickford
    Ogbonna (DGW) Dunk Robertson
    Hazard Salah Sterling Richarlison Arnautovic (DGW)
    Kane (DGW & TC) Morata

Subs: Speroni, Christensen, Calvert-Lewin, Naughton

It looks like a low scoring week on paper, with Hazard and Morata having tough games away to Arsenal, Salah likely missing, Richarlison away to City. I could maybe do a -4 to bring Son in for Hazard as I might move him on anyway, but that's about it.

My potential free hit team would look like the below:

Adrian (DGW)
    Ogbonna (DGW) Verthongen (DGW) Morgan
    Son (DGW) Arnautovic (DGW) De Bruyne Sterling Mahrez
    Kane (DGW & C) Aguero

Subs: Speroni, Dunk, Quaner, Long

6 DGW players. 3 City players at home to Watford. 2 Leicester at home to Huddersfield (which is the only other fixture I fancy having coverage in to be honest).

The thing I like a lot about going the free hit route is although my current team has a tough week coming up, the following week is canny and I'll likely bring in a Newcastle defender with my free transfer, so when my free hit expires my team would revert to the below:

Pickford (tot)
    Christensen (LEI) Lascelles (SWA) Ogbonna (hud)/Dunk (wba)
    Hazard (LEI) Salah (MCI) Sterling (liv) Richarlison (SOU) Zaha (BUR)
    Kane (EVE) Morata (LEI)

Subs: Speroni (BUR), Calvert-Lewin (tot), Naughton (new), Robertson (MCI)

That looks a solid gameweek on paper and it would allow me a week to re-assess before deciding on my next course of action, maybe hitting a mini-wildcard for a -8 to -12 the following week if it comes to it.

What do people think? Is it worth it? Too much faith in West Ham? Will Son or even Adrian start both games? Is Mahrez the best midfielder in that sort or price range this GW? Would TC Kane and the aforementioned team give my free hit team a run for it's money? So many questions. Any help would be much appreciated! :)

With De Bruyne being out, I'm thinking it may now be best to go 3-4-3 with the same team as above but with Vardy as 3rd striker playing, and a 5th midfielder such as Chupo-Moting on the bench.

I would like another City attacking player for that game, but will Sane start? It could be very risky, whereas Vardy is all but guaranteed to play and has a very nice fixture.

Still, the thought of 3 Leicester on a free hit is frightening! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

With De Bruyne being out, I'm thinking it may now be best to go 3-4-3 with the same team as above but with Vardy as 3rd striker playing, and a 5th midfielder such as Chupo-Moting on the bench.

I would like another City attacking player for that game, but will Sane start? It could be very risky, whereas Vardy is all but guaranteed to play and has a very nice fixture.

Still, the thought of 3 Leicester on a free hit is frightening! :o

Would you go Alli over Vertonghen? I think there could be more upside in having an extra Spurs attacker rather than a defender. Max Vertonghen will probably get is 12 while Alli could get that in one game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

One thing preventing me from using Free Hit is that my team needs a lot of longer term work, and I'm worried that I'd just be putting off the problem for a week, and possibly losing some TV over the few days. Wondering if WC is the better option, but I've always regretted using it in January.

Would you go Alli over Vertonghen? I think there could be more upside in having an extra Spurs attacker rather than a defender. Max Vertonghen will probably get is 12 while Alli could get that in one game.

It's a good suggestion. FHFC mentioned something similar earlier too.

Since I obviously can't go De Bruyne, maybe City defensive coverage would be a better option. I'd be far more comfortable with 3 City than 3 Leicester anyway.

3 options at the moment.

Team 1

Adrian
    Otamendi Ogbonna Maguire
    Son Alli/Eriksen Sterling Mahrez Arnautovic
    Kane Aguero

Team 2

Adrian
    Verthongen Ogbonna Maguire
    Son Sterling Mahrez Arnautovic
    Kane Aguero Vardy

Team 3

Adrian
    Sane Son Sterling Mahrez Arnautovic
    Kane Aguero

It seems like it's really just coming down to:

1) Otamendi + Alli or Eriksen
    2) Verthongen + Vardy
    3) Verthongen + Sane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Well used free hit, seemed the best option I felt. Top of both private leagues I'm in so the chance to extend that lead is high if things go well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Free hit activated:
    Team is:

Adrian,
    Otamaendi, Masuaka, Maguire
    Arnie, Eriksen, Alli, Sterling, Choupo Moting
    Kane (c), Aguero

Bench: Pereira, Quaner, Edwards, Long

Advice Welcome, only 0.2 itb.
    Debated Son instead of Eriksen but couldn't see anywhere to spend the extra 1.2m and Eriksen is more likely to get 90 minutes in both games (I think?)

The free hit is done. I've just confirmed it. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

The free hit is done. I've just confirmed it. :eek:

Can you tinker with it or is that it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

One thing preventing me from using Free Hit is that my team needs a lot of longer term work, and I'm worried that I'd just be putting off the problem for a week, and possibly losing some TV over the few days. Wondering if WC is the better option, but I've always regretted using it in January.

Same here. My dgw team is stronger in two positions going forward than it was before. If I free hit now I lose that progress and have to just sort them out again.

Since I obviously can't go De Bruyne, maybe City defensive coverage would be a better option. I'd be far more comfortable with 3 City than 3 Leicester anyway.

3 options at the moment.

Team 1

Adrian
    Otamendi Ogbonna Maguire
    Kane Aguero

Team 2

Adrian
    Kane Aguero Vardy

Team 3

Adrian
    Kane Aguero

2) Verthongen + Vardy
    3) Verthongen + Sane

I'd go with Team 1 but I'm biased as an Otamendi owner already. He's been brilliant for me the last few weeks. Sane just doesn't look as good an option anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Otamendi might be a slight rotation risk for the Watford game with stones now back fit. I'd have someone like dunk on your bench to come in for those playing FH.

3 options at the moment.

Team 1

Adrian
    Otamendi Ogbonna Maguire
    Kane Aguero

Team 2

Adrian
    Kane Aguero Vardy

Team 3

Adrian
    Kane Aguero

2) Verthongen + Vardy
    3) Verthongen + Sane

Team 1 is very similar to mine but you seem to have an extra £2m or so to be able to afford Mahrez over my EMCM :eek:
    Who is on your bench?

I had the same issue and ended up wildcarding. The FH can be used for the big dgw if needed. My team was in a bad way so the FH this gw was only going to postpone the problem by 1 gw.

Otamendi might be a slight rotation risk for the Watford game with stones now back fit. I'd have someone like dunk on your bench to come in for those playing FH.

Edwards and Long both 4.0m and have played the last 3/4 games.
    Edwards is home to Newcastle too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Same here. My dgw team is stronger in two positions going forward than it was before. If I free hit now I lose that progress and have to just sort them out again.
    I had the same issue and ended up wildcarding. The FH can be used for the big dgw if needed. My team was in a bad way so the FH this gw was only going to postpone the problem by 1 gw.

Yep, as tempting as it was, I couldn't play the FH knowing that I had a huge mess to sort out in a few days, and looking at FPL stats I'm about to lose 0.3 or 0.4 in value. I also didn't want to use my WC, though, so I've just taken a -12, my first this season.

Team 1 is very similar to mine but you seem to have an extra £2m or so to be able to afford Mahrez over my EMCM :eek:
    Who is on your bench?

For the free hit it would be: Joel, Dunk, Quaner, Long.

I do have very high team value though from being on the likes of Salah, Sterling, Kane, etc from the start before they started rising hugely.

For the free hit it would be: Joel, Dunk, Quaner, Long.

I do have very high team value though from being on the likes of Salah, Sterling, Kane, etc from the start before they started rising hugely.

You even have Dunk to my Edwards so you must easily have an extra £2.5m.
    I haven't been concentrating much on TV but it just goes to show it can be a big asset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Seámus-Púbach

The big call for those not Free Hitting, I imagine is whether Salah -> Eriksen/Alli/Son for the double gameweek is worth the loss on value. Can't imagine Salah plays V Burnley as even if he isn't injured he is probably due a rest.

Have had him from the beginning for 9m. Can sell for 9.5m. Would cost an extra 0.5m minimum to get him back whenever fully fit(which I have in the bank). But is the one or two week roll of the dice worth it as opposed to playing the free hit?

If Salah plays either game I could get shafted!

In the top 25K and trying to preempt what those around me are going to do! New Years Eve shouldn't be this stressful.

Just pulled the trigger on the free hit.

Cresswell + Morgan or Maguire + Ogbonna is one I'm mulling over. Cresswell's attacking threat may swing it

Adrian
    Cresswell Otamendi Morgan
    Son Alli Sterling Arnie Mahrez
    Kane(c) Aguero

Elliot Duffy Quaner Long

Pretty happy with that. Double West Ham defence is a bit scary though, if they concede in the first game it'll be a bit of a disaster.

I reckon solanke 4.7 starts for Liverpool tomorrow. Could be useful for FH

Just pulled the trigger on the free hit.

Cresswell + Morgan or Maguire + Ogbonna is one I'm mulling over. Cresswell's attacking threat may swing it

Would you consider Masuaka? Just 0.1 dearer than Ogbonna and effectively playing winger.
    If the 0.1 is an issue you can downgrade Elliott to Joel (Elliott won't play anyway).

Would you consider Masuaka? Just 0.1 dearer than Ogbonna and effectively playing winger.
    If the 0.1 is an issue you can downgrade Elliott to Joel (Elliott won't play anyway).

Ideally I'd like Maguire and Cresswell but .4 short. Prefer Cresswell over Masuaka for assist potential plus he takes some corners too though I don't think he's that great at them from what I've read.

Ideally I'd like Maguire and Cresswell but .4 short. Prefer Cresswell over Masuaka for assist potential plus he takes some corners too though I don't think he's that great at them from what I've read.

Masuaka has 2 assists to Cresswell's 1 this season in about half the minutes (though he has played 90 in the last 8 games)

• Advertisement

Masuaka has 2 assists to Cresswell's 1 this season in about half the minutes (though he has played 90 in the last 8 games)

Cresswell has 3 assists and 6 bonus compared to 2 and 1 for Masuaka. He's just one of those players I like to own. Plus I think he's rotation proof.

Advertisement