Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

I've spent roughly the last 2 hours trying to work out when is best to use my TC, FH and BB chips with half a season to go. I haven't got a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

wardides wrote: »
    I've spent roughly the last 2 hours trying to work out when is best to use my TC, FH and BB chips with half a season to go. I haven't got a clue.

Wildcard 33 BB 34 FH 35 TC 37.

km79 wrote: »
    Sanchez going to city would change everything wouldn't it
    Even now I think there is still a chance sterling plays the role up front jesus did for some away/big games. Pep has not trusted kun in some games to do this.
    If Sanchez comes then the cat is well and truly amongst the pigeons

I'll wait a few weeks

I have played about with a team that includes Sanchez in case he does move. Quite happy with it too.

Problem is where would Pep play him and at who’s expense.

You’d have to guess up front at Aguero’s expense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

So my FH team got me 62.
    I just checked and if I had taken the planned -4 my team would have scored 41 and I'd have used the TC chip on Kane.
    I'm probably on the edge of acceptable despite a disaster last night (12 pts from 6 players)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I have played about with a team that includes Sanchez in case he does move. Quite happy with it too.

Problem is where would Pep play him and at who’s expense.

You’d have to guess up front at Aguero’s expense.

I would say Sane to be honest

• Advertisement

So Blanks and DGWs for the rest of the season
    GW28 Arsenal V Man city and Man uTd V chelsea will be cancelled here if any of those teams make the caraboa cup final
    GW31 Clashes with FA cup QF . This will cause a big blank. The only game that definetly goes ahead here at the minute is Stoke v everton as both are out of the cup
    DGW 34 This will be more than likely the biggest double with cancelled gw 28 and gw 31 games moved to here.
    GW 35 This clashes with the FA cup SF and will cause a Blank. Currentlly stoke v burnley is the only game that is scheduled to go ahead then. Should end up being 3/4 games cancelled. This will be a challenging week as you will load up on dgw players for 34 but then a fair few will have blanks in 35. I think this could be a possible good week for FH potentially better than the blank gw of 31 as more games will take place and more decent teams will play.
    Dgw 37 The games cancelled from gw 35 should get moved here and if a team makes the caraboa cup and the fa qf a gw 28 or 31 game could get moved here. Will be a fairly big double probably not as big as 34 though.

Things to be aware of are that its very possible the likes of city, arsenal, chelsea and utd will have blanks in both gw 28 and gw 31 also the knockout of cl will be taking place in and around then so it may make sense to sell lads you never thought you would.
    Stoke will have no blanks may be useful if on wildcard to include 1 of their players possibly.
    There will probably be 1 more dgw like the spurs one we just had. It will be needed if a team makes the fa sf and caraboa cup final as that would cause 3 blanks and we only have 2 dgw dates.
    Their is also Ben Crelin on twitter and his fancy spreadsheets for those people that dont like the more traditional approach I take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Busts may I just say if you're not employed as a Data Analyst, you should be!

GW28 could really throw a spanner in the works then. I'll be looking to have 2 F/T going into GW and even then a - 4 or -8 may be needed. GW28 was in my thoughts as a possible time to dump Chelsea assets anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

@BenCrellin: Arsenal vs Man City might not be Blank in GW28.

Arsenal will have a free midweek after the Carabao Cup Final, so if ARS/MCI reach the Final, they might provisionally move their GW28 fixture to Feb 27/28.
    (They'd have to reschedule it again if MCI get an FA Cup 5th round replay) https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/950063853244645378/photo/

And if Man City get knocked out of the FA Cup in Round 4, they'd probably move the fixture to Feb 17/18, that would give them both a DGW in GW27 followed by a Blank in GW28.

Going to do my level best to hold my WC until league cup finalists are known at a minimum
    Longer if I can !

I'd actually be ok with a firmino ban as id get kun in for a -4 and scratch that itch without WC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

manual_man wrote: »
    GW28 could really throw a spanner in the works then. I'll be looking to have 2 F/T going into GW and even then a - 4 or -8 may be needed. GW28 was in my thoughts as a possible time to dump Chelsea assets anyway.

Yeah their very long run of favourable fixtures ends right there.

That's somewhat of a headache saver, as transferring Chelsea players out this week can be looked at as both a remedy for the Skinny week as well as a longterm move

• Advertisement

Using my FH earlier this season is making the BGWs and DGWs tough to plan for.

Having a look at GW 31, Leicester vs Arsenal is one that could go ahead that would have some decent players playing in it.

GW31 is interesting, I'm wondering whether to try to gradually plan for it and then WC right after, or almost just write it off as a week where every team is likely to score very low.

Something worth keeping an eye on is when City wrap up the league. If they're deep in the CL and FA Cup and the league is won by GW 33 (which is entirely possible) it may be risky or impossible to get value out of them for DGWs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Morzadec wrote: »
    Something worth keeping an eye on is when City wrap up the league. If they're deep in the CL and FA Cup and the league is won by GW 33 (which is entirely possible) it may be risky or impossible to get value out of them for DGWs

Definitely agree. There will come a point, probably well before the DGWs where city assets will have to be dumped for players with something to play for.

So Blanks and DGWs for the rest of the season
    GW28 Arsenal V Man city and Man uTd V chelsea will be cancelled here if any of those teams make the caraboa cup final

Back of the fag packet is always best.....

But as fancy spreadsheet man pointed out, if arsenal beat Chelsea in the LC semi there may be no BGW28 at all.

As an early free hitter I'm rooting for Arsenal there.. ..

FHFC wrote: »
    Definitely agree. There will come a point, probably well before the DGWs where city assets will have to be dumped for players with something to play for.

Which is why I wish Kane hadn’t got feckin sick :(

km79 wrote: »
    Which is why I wish Kane hadn’t got feckin sick :(

Liverpool could be the stars of the DGWs this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

They'll be playing for the Invincible season :pac:

Back of the fag packet is always best.....

But as fancy spreadsheet man pointed out, if arsenal beat Chelsea in the LC semi there may be no BGW28 at all.

As an early free hitter I'm rooting for Arsenal there.. ..
    I don't think teams would be too keen to reschedule a game for 3 days after a cup final granted the schedule is very tight so there isn't much leeway. Gw 26 is another option for the arsenal city game and the Chelsea utd game could go to gw 29 with both Chelsea and utd in cl action the midweek of gw 30.

At least 4 more PL teams going out after the 4th round draw.

At least 4 more PL teams going out after the 4th round draw.

Saw a lot of all PL ties.

Presumably this makes gw31 potentially less of a headache than we might have expected?

Good news for those of us who have used our FH?

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »
    Saw a lot of all PL ties.

Presumably this makes gw31 potentially less of a headache than we might have expected?

Good news for those of us who have used our FH?

Ye a maximum of 11 pl teams in the last 16 so less likely to have 8 pl teams in the qf. Worst case scenario is 8 blanks but for that you need 8 pl teams in the quarters and for none of those teams to have a league fixture against each other in gw 31.

There is a decent chance both Swansea and Brighton could lose their ties too
    Huddersfield have a tricky home one too maybe

Lovely hurling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Early free hitters getting all the luck ;)

I feel there will be no blanks in GW28. Games can be played midweek. All 4 teams still involved in European football so the FA will be aware it could be very troublesome trying to rearrange games if they push it further down the line.

Provisionally has shaqiri earmarked for my team if I WC next week due to no blanks and a rally nice run of fixtures
    If Martin o Neill takes over he will certainly be in it . MON will solidify and set pieces will be vital. I may also break one of my main rules and also get a cheap stoke defender ..........

Especially if Cameron will be playing centra (meaning holding)l midfield. I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to get him in all season.

Especially if Cameron will be playing centra (meaning holding)l midfield. I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to get him in all season.

Hopefully if MON gets it he will get it too late to buy too many players !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

My annual Geoff Cameron transfer is normally met with Geoff's own annual injury lay off.
    Hoping these won't collide again in next few weeks,

I'm going to start watching their wing backs/RB/LB situation as well after the Man Utd game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Sweet sweet justice.

Held onto the DGW team with the exception of Adrian. Banked this week's transfer.

Thank you messers Arnie, Son, Erik and Captain Kane.

Made up for a very average Christmas

Advertisement