Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Looks very much like B'mouth vs WBA should likely join Stoke vs Everton as a confirmed game in gw31.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Morzadec wrote: »
    Looks very much like B'mouth vs WBA should likely join Stoke vs Everton as a confirmed game in gw31.

Matty Phillips should be back in time for that gameweek :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hhhmmmmm bournemouth also have a decent game in 28 but I really can't keep Daniels any longer !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Nice callum Wilson in play for me now. Edit just checked fixtures West brom need to go out to liverpool first though.

Nice callum Wilson in play for me now. Edit just checked fixtures West brom need to go out to liverpool first though.

Yup by no means guaranteed, but needs a wba upset against Liverpool AND a successful negotiation of a 5th round tie while surely prioritising a relegation battle so would be hugely surprised to see this fixture not go ahead

• Advertisement

With his injury record I wouldn’t count on him being fit by then
    I’ve Learnt my lesson from last year anyway

I brought in Stanislas and Phillips weeks ahead of the skinny week
    I held them through injury and loss of form
    Neither then played

I’m not doing it again
    Daniels is going this week

We could have Burnley Chelsea in 31 aswell if Chelsea go out. Less blanks means less doubles.

km79 wrote: »
    With his injury record I wouldn’t count on him being fit by then
    I’ve Learnt my lesson from last year anyway

I brought in Stanislas and Phillips weeks ahead of the skinny week
    I held them through injury and loss of form
    Neither then played

I’m not doing it again
    Daniels is going this week

Same as myself we both wildcarded early with plans for that blank in mind with some of our players . 6 of the lads I had didn't make it and one of my Everton defs baines I think went off early and didn't get the cs.

Same as myself we both wildcarded early with plans for that blank in mind with some of our players . 6 of the lads I had didn't make it and one of my Everton defs baines I think went off early and didn't get the cs.

I’ve never held it this long before
    It feels weird !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

km79 wrote: »
    I’ve never held it this long before
    It feels weird !

Mmmm sounds like fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭King Cantona

I've held all chips - was hoping for huge fixture congestion and a couple of DGWs - historically I always used the bench boost on first day of the season with a strong squad and held the wildcard until a DGW.

Think I may activate the wildcard now, use the bench boost immediately after and save the free hit chip for the DWG later in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I fear there may not be enough chaos later in the season for those of us with all our chips available to fully benefit. I've come around to thinking FH may be better for a DGW than a blank, but there's probably going to be just two DGWs, where I'll be using TC and BB, meaning there's no other option but using FH for the blank. And do you really want to be muddling over whether to bring in Bournemouth or Stoke players with your valuable chip?

If Kane had been healthy for his recent double, the TC would have been perfect, but that's gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Has anyone done the spreadsheet for GW28 for confirmed games?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

GetWithIt wrote: »

Here's the Ben Crellin spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Xniaw-tEEiXoyqbGZLzMx6XEcv9TLolfa8GzndvTPw/edit#gid=799946028

GetWithIt wrote: »

The only 2 possible games to be postponed are the games
    Arsenal vs man city
    Man United Vs Chelsea
    All the other 8 games go ahead

Second legs of league cup are Tuesday

Arsenal city has been moved to midweek of gw28 so no double

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

*insert Mr Burns "excellent" gif here*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

My two cents...

My idea of a plan at the moment is to WC in GW32 with DGW34 in mind. This allows me to build up to the potentially large blank GW31 without worrying about fixing the team immediately after.

Then the free hit could be used either in the blank GW35 or DGW37 whichever looks the more inviting or pressing in the aftermath of DGW34.

Somewhere in there I'll use the BB too I suppose :D Could squeeze it in in GW33 immediately after WC if it's possible to set up and then transfer into DGW34. I'm not one for having any more than 11/12 DGWers anyway so not bothered with saving BB for that.

It is still conditional on City not being involved in an FA Cup replay match but obviously more likely that doesn't happen than does.

dsmythy wrote: »
    It is still conditional on City not being involved in an FA Cup replay match but obviously more likely that doesn't happen than does.

Ye it is as far as I know that date is set for fa cup replays.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    My two cents...

My idea of a plan at the moment is to WC in GW32 with DGW34 in mind. This allows me to build up to the potentially large blank GW31 without worrying about fixing the team immediately after..

That's exactly my plan.

Slowly build in the next few weeks towards getting some players who wont blank gw 31, bank transfer gw30 and maybe a 4 point hit to bring in 3 more.

Then WC straight after (on gw32) to remove all those dud players and to exploit dgw 34.

I imagine a lot have this plan, although if you still have your FH then a decent option is to forget all that drip feeding of gw31 players and just use FH that week

That was part of the reason I don’t get aguero in last week
    I swear if Jesus injury is actually long term and Pep is lying I’ll go crazy
    It has made a WC this week much more appealing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What ye think of (actual) FH for GW38?

KevIRL wrote: »

Madness

It is though
    Very hard to predict lineups and some weird results

KevIRL wrote: »

I think it could be good as you may have a lot of unwanted dgw players in your team from dgw 37. You would want a fair few teams to have something at stake though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

so anyone care to hazard a guess how many games will go ahead gw31?

manual_man wrote: »
    so anyone care to hazard a guess how many games will go ahead gw31?

According to Crellin's maths it's heavily odds on to be 4-6 games being played going by bookies odds.

Liverpool Watford goes ahead in gw31 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

If wba fail to make the sf it means no dgws for Liverpool. Rules out the chance of salah TC.

Advertisement