Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premade Christmas dinner?

Options
  • 04-12-2017 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere doing precooked Christmas dinners that could be collected on Christmas Eve? Required for 8-10 people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

you can get Turkey and Ham with Stuffing from Abbey Foods precooked all you need to do is heat it up.
    The veg you would have to worry about then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

In the past for logistical reasons we've cooked a full Christmas dinner a few weeks beforehand and frozen individual portions complete with gravy. Just reheat on Christmas day and it tastes great, just make sure you haven't overcooked your turkey and you're good. If you're not the world's goodest cook though I'd second Abbey Foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

ectoraige wrote: »
    In the past for logistical reasons we've cooked a full Christmas dinner a few weeks beforehand and frozen individual portions complete with gravy. Just reheat on Christmas day and it tastes great, just make sure you haven't overcooked your turkey and you're good. If you're not the world's goodest cook though I'd second Abbey Foods.

My turkey cooking skills are every bit as good as my spelling skills. Thanks

ectoraige wrote: »

That would help for sure, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I would imagine The Food Experience crowd will be doing Turkey and Ham in the coming weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Give The Riverbank in Dromahair a ring as I know they are definitely selling precooked Turkey and Ham.
    Is there anywhere doing precooked Christmas dinners that could be collected on Christmas Eve? Required for 8-10 people.

I would imagine The Food Experience crowd will be doing Turkey and Ham in the coming weeks?

Looked at their Facebook page and website, didn't see anything other than a lot of frozen food. Maybe I am wrong in thinking that there would be a business cooking to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Looked at their Facebook page and website, didn't see anything other than a lot of frozen food. Maybe I am wrong in thinking that there would be a business cooking to order.

They have turkey and ham dinners now. You know the premade ones they do? They’re in SuperValu and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

For Pete's steak in collooney have good turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

Yeats tavern do a good turkey dinner that we usually collect on Christmas eve for an elderly neighbor who wont leave the house for Christmas day. Stick it in the microwave and they give gravy and all.

I assume you would have to order in advance for a larger number tho.

• Advertisement
Advertisement