Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin services in Swords

Options
  • 04-12-2017 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Just moved to Swords and need to set up refuse collection. Are there any other service providers than Panda and Greenstar in Swords?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

As far as I know they're the only two.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brambi

It looks like Greenstar is not servicing anymore in Swords. So no competition? Just Panda?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Greenstar certainly still operating in our estate. There's only a small handful of houses that they collect from. Although I thought Panda had taken them over. Collections on separate days, Panda on Weds, Greenstar on Sats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Greenstar won't sign you up nowadays unless they're already collecting on your road. There's only one house on our road that use them and it's probably the case elsewhere too, so it's probably not worth their while.

Checked with greenstar and they told me that: "Unfortunatley we no longer service the area, we havent done so since 01.01.2017. "
    So Panda it will have to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Purple Sheep

Greyhound seems to serve my estate and also gave me a quote when I rang them about it last month, probably depends on the area though.

My tuppence worth ? Avoid Panda .

I’m with them and just home from work to find my bin wasn’t collected - this is the 3 rd time it’s happened in 8 months & very annoying after Christmas!
    My account is in credit by €25 , collection day correct on my calendar- 8th Jan , no contamination in bin , left outside in usual highly visible place . So no reason why it wasn’t collected except they’re not bothered looking around !

I only put bin out every 5/6 weeks and I’m sick of this happening , changing to AES , at least I can as I live in Drogheda so there’s competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

My tuppence worth ? Avoid Panda .

I’m with them and just home from work to find my bin wasn’t collected - this is the 3 rd time it’s happened in 8 months & very annoying after Christmas!
    My account is in credit by €25 , collection day correct on my calendar- 8th Jan , no contamination in bin , left outside in usual highly visible place . So no reason why it wasn’t collected except they’re not bothered looking around !

I only put bin out every 5/6 weeks and I’m sick of this happening , changing to AES , at least I can as I live in Drogheda so there’s competition.

Aye the feckers didn't collect our post xmas bins because we owed them 20 yoyos due to the card they had on file having expired......leaving us with more rubbish than we know what to do with, half an hour of me jumping up and down on the bin trying to make more room! :)

I am afraid that I have no choice as there is no competition in Swords.

I’m with them and just home from work to find my bin wasn’t collected - this is the 3 rd time it’s happened in 8 months & very annoying after Christmas! My account is in credit by €25 , collection day correct on my calendar- 8th Jan , no contamination in bin , left outside in usual highly visible place . So no reason why it wasn’t collected except they’re not bothered looking around !

I'd contact them and ask why etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

I'm with panda a year and never had a problem with them, just my two cents.

rushfan wrote: »
    I'd contact them and ask why etc.

First time it happened I didn’t ring as I thought it was a one off or my mistake . 2nd time it happened I rang them and they had simply not seen it (apparently) even thought it was right outside my house . Tried ringing them this evening but they finish at 5pm so I’ll have to ring tomorrow and tell them .

I’m changing to AES this time . I’d say because I only need to put bins out every 2 months they just don’t bother looking around except for the regular weekly ones ! I could be wrong but I don’t understand it and I’m tired of it .

It’s no joke coming home to a full bin and no collection for another 2 weeks !

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munyt

We've moved to Swords a year ago, before we moved in the house was served by Greenstar, but around the same time Greenstar was bought by Panda but due to competition and consumer issues Panda had to sell their Greenstar’s domestic waste collection businesses to other purchaser which in the end was Greyhound. However since having a pretty bad experience with Greyhound back in Dublin I was very keen to move to Panda... It was actually pretty hard to do that as they were saying that they are working in full capacity and not taking any new customers. But we did get there eventually and a year on - no issues with them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Been with Panda about 7 or 8 years now and I have never had any issue with them. I live in the Swords Area

Been with Panda about 7 or 8 years now and I have never had any issue with them. I live in the Swords Area

Likewise.

Advertisement