Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not signing for a delivery.

Options
  • 04-12-2017 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Hi,

If I don't sign for items I ordered online from sports direct what happens the package. Does an post ship it back to its origin. Who will have to pay the costs.

I made an order, the main item was subsequently out of stock so I didn't need the secondary items then. I emailed them and said don't process the order. They replied few days later saying it's to late it's in the delivery network.

If I don't sign and I take my case to my bank for not receiving goods can I get all my money back? It would cost me €20 to return goods which only cost €60.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Subzero3 wrote: »
    Hi,

If I don't sign for items I ordered online from sports direct what happens the package. Does an post ship it back to its origin. Who will have to pay the costs.

I made an order, the main item was subsequently out of stock so I didn't need the secondary items then. I emailed them and said don't process the order. They replied few days later saying it's to late it's in the delivery network.

If I don't sign and I take my case to my bank for not receiving goods can I get all my money back? It would cost me €20 to return goods which only cost €60.

Regards

You could return them in store, they have plenty of shops around Ireland now.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Subzero3

They were ordered from the UK site, as far as I know they must go there only.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Subzero3 wrote: »
    They were ordered from the UK site, as far as I know they must go there only.

Yes, they dont take returns in Irish shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

You still have to pay return postage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Have you checked what their returns policy is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Depending on who they ship with. Don't open the item and write 'return to sender' on the outside somewhere.

Advertisement