Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel or B&B Xmas

Options
  • 04-12-2017 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

Is there a hotel or bed and breakfast that is open over Christmas in the city that someone can recommend?
    I need a place to stay on the 28th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭mikeecho

lukin wrote: »
    Is there a hotel or bed and breakfast that is open over Christmas in the city that someone can recommend?
    I need a place to stay on the 28th.

I think every hotel will be open.. Some of them will even do doing Christmas dinners on the 25th

hotels.com
    booking.com
    etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

mikeecho wrote: »
    I think every hotel will be open.. Some of them will even do doing Christmas dinners on the 25th

hotels.com
    booking.com
    etc etc

I got a room in The Ambassador for the 28th (the date I wanted). Surprised it was so easy. There is a wedding on there that night but I still got in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭thedeere

lukin wrote: »
    I got a room in The Ambassador for the 28th (the date I wanted). Surprised it was so easy. There is a wedding on there that night but I still got in.

You can gate crash that wedding, aim for the 11pm finger food. Just talk trash and blend in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

thedeere wrote: »
    You can gate crash that wedding, aim for the 11pm finger food. Just talk trash and blend in.

Having been at a wedding there recently, I wouldn't bother with the food, absolutely awful. Burnt roasties, chewy beef, tasteless fish, soggy veg, the only decent thing was the dessert.
    The happy couple got no satisfaction when it was mentioned, they were basically told to fcuk off after complaining.
    Really nice hotel, and maybe had an off day which can happen but their conduct when presented with a huge and justified complaint was a disgrace!

Advertisement