Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charge Back

Options
  • 04-12-2017 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi I had an issue last week with a retailer and as a result I sent a chargeback request(mastercard) to bank of ireland on Thursday. I was just wondering how long will it take for me to hear from them whether or not i have been successful?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

LoopyL wrote: »
    Hi I had an issue last week with a retailer and as a result I sent a chargeback request(mastercard) to bank of ireland on Thursday. I was just wondering how long will it take for me to hear from them whether or not i have been successful?

Hi LoopyL,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

When requesting a refund we would advise you to request this with the retailer directly first. If they are unable to provide you with a refund you can use this form and it can take up to 45 calendar days for the chargeback to be issued. You will receive an update from our Chargeback team by text message once this is being processed.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭LoopyL

Hi LoopyL,

When requesting a refund we would advise you to request this with the retailer directly first. If they are unable to provide you with a refund you can use this form and it can take up to 45 calendar days for the chargeback to be issued. You will receive an update from our Chargeback team by text message once this is being processed.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi it has been over 45 days and I have not had any communication from the Bank in relation to this. Could you please help? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi LoopyL,

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi it has been over 45 days and I have not had any communication from the Bank in relation to this. Could you please help? Thanks

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here.
    In this case I'd ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be able to look into your chargeback request to see why you haven't been contacted.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

HI I sent a message on the 22nd of January and I still haven't heard anything back from the bank. can you help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi LoopyL,

Can you please log on to 365 Online and check your sent items to ensure your query was submitted successfully and also to see if there is a reply in the inbox? We wouldn't be able to check this here through Boards.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Advertisement

Yes I've check that it's been sent and it has and no I do not have any messages in my inbox I've been checking over the last few days
    Hi LoopyL,

Can you please log on to 365 Online and check your sent items to ensure your query was submitted successfully and also to see if there is a reply in the inbox? We wouldn't be able to check this here through Boards.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi LoopyL,

They're most likely waiting for a response from Chargebacks before responding to you with an update. We've checked and they are currently responding to queries submitted last night.

Can I ask when you sent in the chargeback form and did you receive a text from us to confirm that the form had been received?

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement