Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acid attack on Dublin woman

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Im the last person to defend this culture you are talking about, but lets leave off on the speculation.
    Hope the poor girl recovers as best as she can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Disgusting, whoever did that should be put to death. Complete waste of oxygen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I wish the lady full recovery and the scumbag get its day in court. (don't read this the wrong way ) but hopefully the attacker is known to the victim.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

A woman has been left with 'life-changing injuries" after she had acid poured over her face during a shocking assault in South County Dublin.

Link: https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/woman-left-with-life-changing-injuries-after-acid-attack-in-south-dublin-36377168.html

What would motivate a person to inflict such horrific life changing injuries on a woman? Given the association of such attacks with a certain culture are we beginning to see the fruits of multiculturial Ireland?

The victim is Chinese so would be surprised if it was actually from the 'certain culture'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What would motivate a person to inflict such horrific life changing injuries on a woman? Given the association of such attacks with a certain culture are we beginning to see the fruits of multiculturial Ireland?

That didn't take long. Fair enough I thought maybe the first page, but first comment. That's swift and direct if nothing else.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    That didn't take long. Fair enough I thought maybe the first page, but first comment. That's swift and direct if nothing else.

Well its not a well known Irish culture though is it?:rolleyes:

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Well its not a well known Irish culture though is it?:rolleyes:

The only thing I hate worse than acid attacks are rolleyes.

The only thing I hate worse than acid attacks are rolleyes.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

Had it been a white on white acid attack, it would be a landmark moment for western culture. Asian on asian though, that's just a sign of what liberals like to call multiculturalism. Hopefully one that can be reversed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dunno if there is a a more serious charge conviction for guns etc bit anyone caught doing this should get a similar penalty. Think they said is was a caustic substance, a low concentration of caustic if it hits the eyes will melt the lens, wouldn't even need to be strong enough to burn skin

• Advertisement

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You're a monster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Tenigate wrote: »
    Had it been a white on white acid attack, it would be a landmark moment for western culture. Asian on asian though, that's just a sign of what liberals like to call multiculturalism. Hopefully one that can be reversed.

Plenty of white perpetrated acid attacks in England.

Christ, they haven't even identified a suspect and you lot are banging on about "dem dirty foridners!"

You're a monster.

:rolleyes:

Christ, they haven't even identified a suspect and you lot are banging on about "dem dirty foridners!"

Well if its a white from England they would be a foreigner as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

These attacks are one of the most disgustingly depraved things you can do to another human. Absolutely deplorable scumbaggy behaviour.

How? We're all a part of the British Isles.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MikeenRonanJr

Plenty of racists out of the traps early here......yet another excuse to attack the fact that Ireland has a bright, diverse and culturally exuberant future. We know nothing about the circumstances of this "attack", so some here would do well to keep their frothing rage for PoC contained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm replying to someone talking about 'western culture', so no, in that case they wouldn't be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

The problem with these foreigners is, they don't know what love is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Despicable thing to do to anyone. The perpetrators of crimes like this should be facing attempted murder.

• Advertisement

Pelvis wrote: »

And they always try to walk it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The level of forethought you have to put into something like this is astounding. You have to get the acid which I wouldn't have a clue how to go about, collect/transport it without injuring yourself and then wait for the right moment to carry out the assault. It's disgusting. Should be locked up for a very very long time

Maybe you are, I'm from Ireland they from England

Maybe you are, I'm from Ireland they from England

:rolleyes:

:p

Plenty of racists out of the traps early here......yet another excuse to attack the fact that Ireland has a bright, diverse and culturally exuberant future. We know nothing about the circumstances of this "attack", so some here would do well to keep their frothing rage for PoC contained.

No we do not, unless you think the Irish people being a minority in our own country by 2050.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The level of forethought you have to put into something like this is astounding. You have to get the acid which I wouldn't have a clue how to go about, collect/transport it without injuring yourself and then wait for the right moment to carry out the assault. It's disgusting. Should be locked up for a very very long time

They carry it around in water bottles in London. Harder to be caught with than a knife & easier to discard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

To be fair, obviously "acid attack" has cultural connotations but don't forget, we're in the midst of several extremely serious Dublin gang wars between some of the most dangerous criminals in Europe, so it could just as easily be related to that. With the way the Gardai have been cracking down on guns in Dublin lately, I wouldn't be surprised if these f*ckers were moving on to more inventive and easily accessible forms of weaponry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

They carry it around in water bottles in London. Harder to be caught with than a knife & easier to discard

the coppers should make them drink their own bottles

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

To be fair, obviously "acid attack" has cultural connotations but don't forget, we're in the midst of several extremely serious Dublin gang wars between some of the most dangerous criminals in Europe, so it could just as easily be related to that. With the way the Gardai have been cracking down on guns in Dublin lately, I wouldn't be surprised if these f*ckers were moving on to more inventive and easily accessible forms of weaponry.

Are we really saying this poor girl was involved in the kinahin/hutch feud?

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    the coppers should make them drink their own bottles

Yeah it would be the best outcome:D
    Unfortunately the liberals over there complained about the stop & search, only picking on certain groups. The thing is when its black kids killing black kids in poor areas theres no point searching white kids in wealthier areas

You have to get the acid which I wouldn't have a clue how to go about

Incredibly easy to get highly corrosive acid, it's widely available for the purposes of unclogging bathroom sinks and shower drains. You know that stuff you pour into your sink and it creates a nasty sort of steam as it goes down the drain? I shudder to imagine what that would do if you spilled it on skin, the bottles usually have a whole bunch of massive red letter warning labels attached.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's all stuff you can buy in your local supermarket that is used. 'Acid' attack is just the term used although not specifically acid.

I've watched a Vice documentary on this recently, there was a guy interviewed that carried out a number of the attacks and I think he used the word 'humiliation' a few times too many.
    His M.O. was to do it to the wives/girlfriends of anyone that got in his way, as it was an even deeper humiliation.

It also showed some victims and how their lives have been impacted.

Shocking stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Bet this is the start of a trend now. People who do this s**t should have it done to them. Filthy vermin!

emo72 wrote: »

Who knows? These scumbags are targeting anyone close to their actual targets now, that includes friends and family who have nothing to do with the actual feud - and as I mentioned in my post, there is more than one gang war going on in Dublin. An innocent person was recently shot in Ballymun when the intended target turned out not to be in the house, so I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this is related to foreigners - we have some genuinely sick and dangerous individuals involved in the ganglang stuff in Dublin at the moment, that much should be clear to anyone, and they have shown repeatedly that they aren't above targeting people with loose connections. The victim here could be a childhood friend, a sister, an ex girlfriend, a co-worker of someone involved and that would be enough for these monsters to regard her as a legitimate target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Don't worry, if it the perpetrator turns out to be white and Irish you can watch the same people magically disappear from the thread.

Sure didn't we have pages after pages of pure racism based on a fake report (where the OP was the only source) of black gangs rioting in Balbriggan the other day, yet when some Irish lad goes around Tallaght wielding a gun and stealing cars all day it becomes a play-on-words joke thread.

• Advertisement

Bet this is the start of a trend now. People who do this s**t should have it done to them. Filthy vermin!

Doesn't work like that. Same punishment for killers as there is for fine evaders. Locked up and that's it. We don't give out whip lashings like some countries do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

Good be with the days when you could have a "straightener" to sort out any issues. A few bruises and your ego was the only thing damaged. Now it's I'll melt your girlfriends face? WTF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Pelvis wrote: »

They're as cold as ice

Doesn't work like that. Same punishment for killers as there is for fine evaders. Locked up and that's it. We don't give out whip lashings like some countries do.

More's the pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Who knows? These scumbags are targeting anyone close to their actual targets now, that includes friends and family who have nothing to do with the actual feud - and as I mentioned in my post, there is more than one gang war going on in Dublin. An innocent person was recently shot in Ballymun when the intended target turned out not to be in the house, so I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this is related to foreigners - we have some genuinely sick and dangerous individuals involved in the ganglang stuff in Dublin at the moment, that much should be clear to anyone, and they have shown repeatedly that they aren't above targeting people with loose connections. The victim here could be a childhood friend, a sister, an ex girlfriend, a co-worker of someone involved and that would be enough for these monsters to regard her as a legitimate target.

She's a Chinese national, highly unlikely it's related to the gangland feud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

You're mistaking justice with revenge. While I may personally agree with you I wouldnt like our country to run on a revenge before justice system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Very heavy and serious penalties need to be brought in against the perpetrators of this crap now before it becomes a trend entrenched in culture and impossible to root out.

I felt literally queasy when I read about it— that poor girl. As others have said, it would be preferable for society for this to have been the result of a personal dispute where a single scumbag decided this was the way to solve his problems than it being something that's becoming a weapon of attack for the general scumbag population, but that won't make any difference to the victim.

For the sake of both the girl and the broader society, though, I hope they find this guy and string him up.

Now it's I'll melt your girlfriends face? WTF.

God forgive me but made me think of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Any Cnut convicted of doing this should get life and it should mean life.

And Don't get me started on the cushy prison conditions in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Oh, you kidder you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

It's easy for some elements of society to brand anyone who doesn't agree with them as racist - so why not accuse an innocent victim of being a gangster ?

Anything not to blame the likely culprits and swerve from their multicultutral agenda.

More's the pity.

Only thing is that innocent people are locked up from time to time. Would you like to be responsible for throwing acid on someone's face who didn't actually do it?

Rory28 wrote: »
    You're mistaking justice with revenge. While I may personally agree with you I wouldnt like our country to run on a revenge before justice system.

Guaranteed if they are caught they'll get a slap on the wrist. This person needs to be dealt with severely as a message to any other c**t who wants to do this sort of thing. Won't happen though.

Oh, you kidder you.

I was only doing it as revenge for the rolleyes. I obviously know we live in Southern Ireland.

Rory28 wrote: »

Justice is assuming that someone is innocent until proven guilty. Which is definitely the right way.

Revenge though... it's not revenge. It would be fitting a punishment to the crime as a deterrent to that kind of behaviour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement