Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acid attack on Dublin woman

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Billy86 wrote: »
    Funny enough Norway seem to have lowered recidivism rates considerably through jails that are far, far nicer than what you would find here as the emphasis is placed far more on rehabilitation and teaching them to become better functioning members of a society, starting with their own little society within the prison. Many even keep sharp knives in full access in the kitchen areas. It's a really interesting concept, all in all.

So do you think that Anders Breivik should be allowed out after his 20 odd year sentence ?
    Do you think he will be rehabilitated ?

BTW I don't care what shrink, psychologist or expert group say I don't think that a mass murdering loon like him should ever see freedom again.
    Mutant z wrote: »
    Lets hope the guards catch this scumbag and then he can feel the full force of the law we cant allow this sort of crap to take hold in this country.

Please don't make us laugh.
    An infamous rapist got 15 years and was out in 10.
    Oh and he wasn't just a rapist, but he had kidnapped and held the victim against her will and had attempted murder.
    But still 15 years with concurrent sentencing.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Simplistic because I'm not writting letters on boards. Some people still get the dole while they are inside
    We're importing them because its only the government/EU & a small percentage living in Ireland that want these immigrants/migrants being brought here
    But as a mod already said this is not about immigration

Lets hope the young lady is ok though any more news out yet?

Nobody “inside” is getting the dole. Pretending that a Garda told you they do is just making you look silly. How do you imagine a Garda would know anyway?

http://m.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Jobseekers-Allowance.aspx#InmateOfAnInstitution

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Plenty of white perpetrated acid attacks in England.

Really?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Odhinn wrote: »
    I'm sure you were doing an old cherry pick to soapbox your agenda,but that has nothing to do with the fact that stop and search in Britain has and always has been known for its racial bias, dating back decades.

That's funny,because the type of crime it was set up to deal with *also* had a racial bias.

In fact many crimes in the UK could be said to have a racial bias these days:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_Kingdom

In June 2010, through a Freedom of Information Act request, The Sunday Telegraph obtained statistics on accusations of crime broken down by race from the Metropolitan Police Service.[n 2] The figures showed that the majority of males who were accused of violent crimes in 2009–10 were black. Of the recorded 18,091 such accusations against males, 54 percent accused of street crimes were black; for robbery, 59 percent; and for gun crimes, 67 percent.[27] Robbery, drug use, and gang violence have been associated with black people since the 1960s.[28] In the 1980s and 1990s, the police associated robbery with black people. In 1995, the Metropolitan Police commissioner Paul Condon said that the majority of robberies in London were committed by black people.[29]
    Street crimes include muggings, assault with intent to rob, and snatching property. Black males accounted for 29 percent of the male victims of gun crime and 24 percent of the male victims of knife crime.[27] Similar statistics were recorded for females. On knife crime, 45 percent of suspected female perpetrators were black; for gun crime, 58 percent; and for robberies, 52 percent.[30]
    Operation Trident was set up in March 1998 by the Metropolitan Police to investigate gun crime in London's black community after black-on-black shootings in Lambeth and Brent.[31]
    Between April 2005 and January 2006, figures from the Metropolitan Police Service showed that black people accounted for 46 percent of car-crime arrests generated by automatic number plate recognition cameras.[32]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

jmayo wrote: »
    So do you think that Anders Breivik should be allowed out after his 20 odd year sentence ?

BTW I don't care what shrink, psychologist or expert group say I don't think that a mass murdering loon like him should ever see freedom again.

Oh and he wasn't just a rapist, but he had kidnapped and held the victim against her will and had attempted murder.

True but something serious needs to be done about this and our current lax immigration policies is only adding to the problem, this is one of the most vilest things someone could do to another human being life sentences in these cases are a very fitting punishment the kind of scum who do this dont deserve to see the light of day ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

MysticMonk wrote: »
    That's funny,because the type of crime it was set up to deal with *also* had a racial bias.

In fact many crimes in the UK could be said to have a racial bias these days:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_Kingdom

That refers to metropolitan london not Britain as a whole.

True but something serious needs to be done about this and our current law immigration policies is only adding to the problem, this is one of the most vilest things someone could do to another human being life sentences in this cases are a very fitting punishment the kind of scum who do this dont deserve to see the light of day ever again.

How? Do we have a form that says "acid attacker - please tick box" and let them in if they tick it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

jmayo wrote: »

Breivik is unlikely to be released at 20 years, they review at that point if he can be released. It can be extended indefinitely. Basing a prison system on recidivism rates is how you reduce crime in the long run. The Norwegian model is generally found to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Generalised nonsense.

What crap is this now? Do you have any notion at all about the subject?

No one forcing you to believe it but as usual you just rabbit on with no substance

How? Do we have a form that says "acid attacker - please tick box" and let them in if they tick it?

Efficient background checks to check for criminal records would do this is clearly a huge problem among many things with specific demographs why keep imported it here, its bad enough we have to put up with increased terrorism threats without having this crap here as well, why allow incompatible people and cultures into this country it makes zero sense.

• Advertisement

No one forcing you to believe it but as usual you just rabbit on with no substance

....you can't legally claim once you're inside. If you do, you're acting illegally.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Nobody “inside” is getting the dole. Pretending that a Garda told you they do is just making you look silly. How do you imagine a Garda would know anyway?

http://m.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Jobseekers-Allowance.aspx#InmateOfAnInstitution

Nope not pretending, I had to give a statement about an incident involving an not so nice member of the public. I asked if it was true & he said some do. I couldn't care if you believe it or not

Efficient background checks to check for criminal records would do this is clearly a huge problem among many things with specific demographs why keep imported it here, its bad enough we have to put up with increased terrorism threats without having this crap here as well, why allow incompatible people and cultures into this country it makes zero sense.

What "incompatible people and cultures" would these be? Seeing as we have no clue about the attacker at the moment.

That refers to metropolitan london not Britain as a whole.

We were talking about London but as usual rather then going back over the conversation you just pick up on one post & come out with the same sh11te

Nope not pretending, I had to give a statement about an incident involving an not so nice member of the public. I asked if it was true & he said some do. I couldn't care if you believe it or not

illegally. You can't claim when you're inside. You might care to look it up, rather than repeat this crap. "A garda told me" means SFA.

....you can't legally claim once you're inside. If you do, you're acting illegally.

And?? You really think a repeat offender cares about going back in because he illegally got his dole? If it is illegally though

illegally. You can't claim when you're inside. You might care to look it up, rather than repeat this crap. "A garda told me" means SFA.

Oh yes sir, you are of course the most intelligent of us all on your self made pedestal.
    Just because something is meant to be illegal doesn't mean theres not ways around it. What about a married man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Simplistic because I'm not writting letters on boards. Some people still get the dole while they are inside

How In the name of jaysus do someone go to the post office to sign on,when in jail :pac:

Possibly the same way my dad has his pension- in the bank directly. He hasn't been near an office in more than ten years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Possibly the same way my dad has his pension- in the bank directly. He had my been near an office in more than ten years.

You think people are going to collect money for the dole in the bank directly in person while in jail?? :pac: :pac:

This is perhaps the best urban myth I've ever heard!!:D :D

Must say the department of social protection are very accomondating for ladz locked up

Oh yes sir, you are of course the most intelligent of us all on your self made pedestal.

No, I just read what the law was. Mad idea but there ye are.

• Advertisement

Possibly the same way my dad has his pension- in the bank directly. He had my been near an office in more than ten years.

You think people are going to collect money for the dole in the bank directly in person while in jail?? :pac: :pac:

This is perhaps the best urban myth I've ever heard!!:D :D

Must say the department of social protection are very accomondating for ladz locked up

Urban myth ??? The fact that I control my dad's bank account as he's no longer capable and he's never singed anything since at least 2003 ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Urban myth ??? The fact that I control my dad's bank account as he's no longer capable and he's never singed anything since at least 2003 ???

Your dad is on the dole is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Oh we're on to dole cheats already? That was quick.

What about travellers and black people though? I give it another 5 pages.

Scrap that, black people have already been mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

You can't get your jsa into your bank like you can other welfare entitlements. You have to show up at your local PO and collect it in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Believe it or not they have their money when they come out, was confirmed by a Guard

They 100% do not get it when they're in there anyway. Source - I'm a Prison Guard

neonsofa wrote: »

Your dad is on the dole is he?

No. Never was since he worked at 14. He's on old age pension.

But there are other benefits than dole.

What "incompatible people and cultures" would these be? Seeing as we have no clue about the attacker at the moment.

The countries with the highest rates of acid attacks are in Asia and generally of the islamic variety.

anna080 wrote: »
    You can't get your jsa into your bank like you can other welfare entitlements. You have to show up at your local PO and collect it in person.

Didn't know that. My apologies all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

How does a prisoner sign on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Is your da is in jail and getting the pension???

....otherwise your long way off basepoint here kid

The countries with the highest rates of acid attacks are in Asia and generally of the islamic variety.

And we haven't a bogs notion who did this. So until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

How'd we get from acid attack to dole cheats?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Via black people.

Its all linked. Acid=foriegners=muslamic law=immigrants=sky satellite dish + sky sports in all the rooms on the dole=they're laughin at us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

No. Never was since he worked at 14. He's on old age pension.

But there are other benefits than dole.

Lol so defensive. That's my point. They are not all the same. The dole is being discussed. Not your dad's pension.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Its all linked. Acid=foriegners=muslamic law=immigrants=sky satellite dish + sky sports in all the rooms on the dole=they're laughin at us.

and don't forget the poor swans either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

RustyNut wrote: »
    Via black people.

Black disabled trans travellers.

JackieChan wrote: »

The banks of the canal down by portobello - the liberals don't want you to see this
    499_1svalbard__02_16.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Help!!!! wrote:
    We were talking about London but as usual rather then going back over the conversation you just pick up on one post & come out with the same sh11te

No YOU are talking about London, no-one else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

JackieChan wrote:

Or the black swans more's to the point!

• Advertisement

I’ve just provided you with a link to welfare’s own website re prisoners and JSA but, no, we’ll all believe you instead...
    Never but never let actual facts interfere with your own fevered imagination
    The fact that you would ignore such clear evidence puts all your allegations and claims in all your posts in a box labeled “nonsense”.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭BowSideChamp

The religion of peace. I love multiculturalism.

The religion of peace. I love multiculturalism.

....you know something about this we don't?

Possibly the same way my dad has his pension- in the bank directly. He hasn't been near an office in more than ten years.

Only people officially working part time and getting JSA for the other days get there dole paid into the bank.
    Everyone else has to go to the PO.
    Pensioners have the choice to go to the PO or paid into the bank.
    There’s no comparison between pension and dole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It only ever takes one poster...

The thinly disguised glee that some posters greet incidents like this is disturbing. Anything that confirms their prejudices is lit on, and in this case nobody even knows the whole story yet.

Just because something is meant to be illegal doesn't mean theres not ways around it. What about a married man?

The spouses and partners of prisoners can get SW in their own right while the other partner is in prison . Did your “Garda” friend not tell you that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

My thoughts are with the woman and hope she recovers.
    Candie wrote: »
    The thinly disguised glee that some posters greet incidents like this is disturbing. Anything that confirms their prejudices is lit on, and in this case nobody even knows the whole story yet.
    It's always the exact same posters too.

And?? You really think a repeat offender cares about going back in because he illegally got his dole? If it is illegally though

If you read the link I supplied to you you would know that it’s illegal.

RustyNut wrote: »
    How does a prisoner sign on?

Prisoners don’t get the dole.

• Advertisement
Advertisement