Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acid attack on Dublin woman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

This has increased exponentially in sh!t parts of London, yuppies who pay £600k plus to live in places like Forest Gate, Dalston, Clapton or Woolwich need their heads seeing to, wouldn't go to these dumps in the daytime.

Hopefully this is a one off and the victim isn't blinded and their injuries are treatable, there should be 15 to 20 year sentences for this, no messing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

smurgen wrote: »
    Blinding someone intentionally is perversely savage.

Tbh if someone is good enough to go out and blind someone deliberately,

Then they deserve all whats coming to them tbh...I have no issue here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Heard on Newstalk that it maybe related to a love Triangle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Heard on Newstalk that it maybe related to a love Triangle.

Speculation that the attacker was hired by another woman.

If true this somehow makes it worse in my opinion. That more than one person could be involved in something so maliciously premeditated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

Collie D wrote: »
    Speculation that the attacker was hired by another woman.

If true this somehow makes it worse in my opinion. That more than one person could be involved in something so maliciously premeditated.

If true, it is very similar to the Katie Piper case, where a third "person" (using the word very loosely, obviously) was hired to throw acid on her at the bidding of her rapist ex.

What a disgusting, terrifying, heartbreaking thing to read about, let alone go through. I really hope the damage done is as little as possible. And I hope to fcuk we don't see more of this in Ireland. Words just fail me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

So I got a lot of abuse from certain posters on here for saying that some prisoners get the dole while in prison

Well I'm sure some of ye will say this article is not true or whatever but there are plenty more articles online about it

https://extra.ie/news/irish-news/criminals-are-still-getting-dole-in-prison

Chrongen wrote: »
    What have liberals got to do with this or ANYTHING?

You brought it up. You also promoted violent, extra-judicial retribution.

Where did you mention violent vigilantism? Read back. If a scumbag is carrying a bottle of acid for some sickening reasons then you recommended he be forced to drink it.

I'd prefer the guy be jailed and post-haste. But then Are you going to accost a pharmacist bringing Hydrochloric acide from one lab to another? Are you going to ram it down his or her throat? You don't really think before you set fire to witches, do you?

What has being stopped and searched got to do with ANY of this?

Like I said, you brought it up, not me. Do you want everybody searched on a random basis, yourself included? And your granny? Or is it just brown folk.

Ah maybe read back yourself, another poster said maybe the police should make them drink the bottles of water they carry, I agreed it might solve the problem
    Rather than jumping on one post & taking it out of context maybe read the posts before so you can see what the conversation is about.
    I have no problems with stop & search. It has happened to me a number of times & takes about a minute if you dont act the bollix. & before you start making out its about race go back & read the posts again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Help!!!! wrote: »
    So I got a lot of abuse from certain posters on here for saying that some prisoners get the dole while in prison

Well I'm sure some of ye will say this article is not true or whatever but there are plenty more articles online about it

Your post gave the impression that it was normal to receive benefit in prison.
    Another person confirmed the details of the article you posted earlier saying prisoners received a
    payment either fraudulently or by error.

A second poster pointed out to you that he was prisoner officer and explained it's fraudulent .I work with ex prisoners myself and most will try anything to keep their claim going.

Nowadays its more difficult with facial recognition technology.

What each poster was trying to say is that legally you cannot make a welfare claim from the state while in prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Did you read the article? It's fraudulent or erroneous if they get it. You're making out as if it's an entitlement they get.

"A prison source said: ‘When someone is committed to jail, this information is provided to the Department within a week. It is then up to the Department to put a stop to their social welfare payment immediately. Obviously, there is a delay sometimes and payments are made when they should have been stopped."

Another person confirmed the details of the article you posted earlier saying prisoners received a

A second poster pointed out to you that he was prisoner officer and explained it's fraudulent .I work with ex prisoners myself and most will try anything to keep their claim going.

What each poster was trying to say is that legally you cannot make a welfare claim from the state while in prison.

Yes & I pointed out that to a repeat offender they are not going to care & it was confirmed by a guard but was called a liar, was making it up etc
    Its usually the same people on here that if they disagree they just name call & try to stop the conversation rather than trying to listen & maybe learn something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Yes, that's what this thread is about. Your fragile ego.

To hell with this woman.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Did you read the article? It's fraudulent or erroneous if they get it. You're making out as if it's an entitlement they get.

"A prison source said: ‘When someone is committed to jail, this information is provided to the Department within a week. It is then up to the Department to put a stop to their social welfare payment immediately. Obviously, there is a delay sometimes and payments are made when they should have been stopped."

I never made out that they were entitled to it. I had heard it before & got it confirmed by a guard that some people get their dole while still inside. I said in the OP that it should be stopped & paid to the prison for their upkeep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And?? You really think a repeat offender cares about going back in because he illegally got his dole? If it is illegally though

You seemed to be insinuating it's legal here.

Yes & I pointed out that to a repeat offender they are not going to care & it was confirmed by a guard but was called a liar, was making it up etc
    Its usually the same people on here that if they disagree they just name call & try to stop the conversation rather than trying to listen & maybe learn something

To be honest with you I find a lot of your posts daft and your post about claims in prison was vague I.e. a guard confirmed it, so it's difficult to take on board what you're saying.

I'm not looking back through 18 pages of posts but your comment about the repeat offender not caring seems new .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I never made out that they were entitled to it. I had heard it before & got it confirmed by a guard that some people get their dole while still inside. I said in the OP that it should be stopped & paid to the prison for their upkeep

Mod: You've shown yourself to be incapable of staying anything close to on topic.

Don't post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Rape is handed down as punishment by religious courts in other cultures and women are stoned to death for adultery. Yes it is cultural.

Do you have a link for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

thoughts go out to the victim, this in my opinion is as bad as it gets.

the judge needs to set an example and give the criminal who did this, 25 years in jail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Do people realize the main supsect now is another woman?.

The misandry loving folk with be furious.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Doctors who presumably took the Hippocrates oath, possibly trained outside Iran preparing to blind someone with acid tells you all you need to know about medieval Iran .
    Place needs to be nuked.

And THEY'RE the savages? You find it barbaric to intentionally blind someone yet have no problem in immolating millions of people to death.

What a fcking hypocrite.

where is the religious element to this?

The rebel leader decided that the woman had deliberately fed them fish in the meal and the fish had broken the magic spell (angered the spirits that were protecting them etc). Voodoo, if you will. Not a religion per se ( could be argued though) but a “belief system” for millions none the less.

The rebel leader decided that the woman had deliberately fed them fish in the meal and the fish had broken the magic spell (angered the spirits that were protecting them etc). Voodoo, if you will. Not a religion per se ( could be argued though) but a “belief system” for millions none the less.

yeah i dont think voodoo is quite what people are thinking of here when they refer to religion. any relevant examples?

And THEY'RE the savages? You find it barbaric to intentionally blind someone yet have no problem in immolating millions of people to death.

What a fcking hypocrite.

Removing the u from the abuse doesn’t make you any less abusive you know.
    This country stones rape victims to death.
    By order of court.
    Doctors who have lived abroad return and agree to all manner of barbarism on fellow citizens.
    We can do without them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Jaysus, don't read that. That's just savage.We all need to feck off in space ships and nuke the planet from orbit.

• Advertisement

yeah i dont think voodoo is quite what people are thinking of here when they refer to religion. any relevant examples?

...er, yeah, voodoo is a belief system followed by millions.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voodoo

...er, yeah, voodoo is a belief system followed by millions.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voodoo

and completely irrelevant to this thread.

By order of court.
    Doctors who have lived abroad return and agree to all manner of barbarism on fellow citizens.
    We can do without them.

WE?

Have you been to the country? I have.
    Maybe you should go and find out a bit about the place before you spew out rubbish one would normally hear in a low-income bar.

where is the religious element to this?

I think you should have a read up about voodoo before posting crap like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

emo72 wrote: »
    Jaysus, don't read that. That's just savage.We all need to feck off in space ships and nuke the planet from orbit.

Jesus christ!!! Your comment made me just curious enough to read it, im sorry i did. Heed his warning.

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »

From the safety of their cosy Irish sitting rooms posters terribly keen on multiculturalism like to pretend that these things just don’t happen. It’s all lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

WE?

Maybe you should go and find out a bit about the place before you spew out rubbish one would normally hear in a low-income bar.

Are you saying that stuff doesnt happen?

That's not a religious court, that's a mob who are on the lunatic fringe.

Where/when has a court (religious or otherwise) handed down rape as a punishment?

The OP tried to hitch this allegation to the stoning for adultery that has occurred in Saudi Arabia and cynically tried to associate Islamic Law with the use of rape as a legitimate court mandate punishment. A shabby attempt to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

By order of court.
    We can do without them.

Stones, glass houses etc.,

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/12/symphysiotomy-irelands-brutal-alternative-to-caesareans

Couple of sample comments:

UO9qzXW.jpg

Should we be nuked too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Maybe not all of Sharia Law is a bad thing in cases such as this....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/03/iran-blind-acid-attack-woman-retribution-punishment/

Actually I am no fan of sharia law (as anyone who knows my posting history can testify) but in a way this is justice of sorts for someone who carried out such a heinous crime.
    In Ireland we can expect the perp to get 10 odd years in jail and if they admit their guilt and are half way good in prison they can be out in half that time.
    Meanwhile the poor victim has to live in sheer hell for the rest of their life.

And yes we do have a problem with immigrants carrying out some awful crimes especially on women.
    But that is nothing to do with this incident as far as we know.
    The victim is the immigrant, nobody knows where the assailant(s) are from.

And yes acid attacks on women is something that entered this part of the world from some certain parts of the world, but scumbags in this part of the world are often quite willing to adopt foreign practices.

Actually the more I think of the plight of this poor women the more I bloody agree with the Iranians.

I am not allowed discuss …

From the safety of their cosy Irish sitting rooms posters terribly keen on multiculturalism like to pretend that these things just don’t happen. It’s all lies.

That's right folks, don't let any darkies in from the African continent or they'll all start forcing people to engage in public incest before beheading them.

Sure. No such thing as voodoo. Fake news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Do people realize the main supsect now is another woman?.

The misandry loving folk with be furious.

Yeah, there were loads of them in here blaming all men for what happened. Oh wait...no, they weren't

and completely irrelevant to this thread.

Because I’ve shown it’s a religion it’s now irrelevant.

That's right folks, don't let any darkies in from the African continent or they'll all start forcing people to engage in public incest before beheading them.

My wife is multicultural, she's of Eastern European Jewish descent but also has some darkie blood in her.
    She's deadly with a machete.

• Advertisement

Sure. No such thing as voodoo. Fake news.

No I really do think you should read up on the history of voodoo.

WE?

Iran. A fantastic place to live as long as your not white a Christian a woman gay or disabled. Top class place.

Because I’ve shown it’s a religion it’s now irrelevant.

what relevance does voodoo have to this acid attack?

Are you seriously using the expression “darkies” in 2017.
    Are you Alf Garnett?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Iran. A fantastic place to live as long as your not white a Christian a woman gay or disabled. Top class place.

This I dont understand. We have to be tolerant of their intolerance. As a gay guy its in my best interest to be suspicious of Islam.

Rory28 wrote: »
    Are you saying that stuff doesnt happen?

There has been a moratorium on ALL stoning deaths in Iran since 2002. Prior to that there have been reports by Amnesty International and HRW that some executions by stoning have occurred in far-flung tribal areas though they couldn't provide any sources or evidence.
    It's akin to lynching being carried out in redneck parts of the US with the connivance of the local good 'old boy sherriff.

Stoning is more common in Saudi Arabia, The united Arab Emirates and Nigeria than in Iran. Perhaps those countries should be "nuked" first?

Are you seriously using the expression “darkies” in 2017.
    Are you Alf Garnett?

You're just clueless aren't you? Don't know why I bother responding to you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Rory28 wrote: »
    This I dont understand. We have to be tolerant of their intolerance. As a gay guy its in my best interest to be suspicious of Islam.

What has Islam got to do with this thread?

Women in Iran are amongst the most liberated in the entire region with the highest representation in university, outnumbering males.

You know what....fuck this. This discussion is about a woman who suffered an acid attack. I'm not going to be drawn into a blind argument about a society with someone who hasn't a clue what they're talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mod: Get this thread on topic or it's gone, possibly with users too. Last warning.

Advertisement