Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCT Booking system

Options
  • 04-12-2017 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

Got a letter from NCT recently inviting me to book an NCT for my car.
    Test is due mid Feb but, on going on line I find I cannot make booking for any time after 23 Dec.
    Contacted them by phone, to be told dates for Jan will not be released until later Dec.
    As Jan and Feb are obviously very busy months and, you can now be prosecuted for no NCT after due date even if you have proof of application, This is a crazy set up.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

fernrock wrote: »
    Got a letter from NCT recently inviting me to book an NCT for my car.
    Test is due mid Feb but, on going on line I find I cannot make booking for any time after 23 Dec.
    Contacted them by phone, to be told dates for Jan will not be released until later Dec.
    As Jan and Feb are obviously very busy months and, you can now be prosecuted for no NCT after due date even if you have proof of application, This is a crazy set up.

Cant you do it up to 3 months early so you can do it this month and its start date will still be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Cant you do it up to 3 months early so you can do it this month and its start date will still be the same.

I am not available this side of Christmas.
    Surely they could allow the option booking in excess of 90 days , even at the expense of bringing renewal date forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭JohnC.

fernrock wrote: »
    Surely they could allow the option booking in excess of 90 days , even at the expense of bringing renewal date forward.

They do. See point 12 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭A Law

Free Nct if they can't provide you with an appointment within 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Free Nct if they can't provide you with an appointment within 4 weeks.

Free test is only if you cant get an appointment within 4 weeks after when it's due(mid feb). Not 4 weeks of when he rings up in December. Plenty of time for him to get an appointment. Bookings for January are open now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭A Law

Are you sure? Not the best at interpreting all this but can see no mention of that here

Ensure that the average lead time for an appointment at an individual test centre is less than three weeks and no greater than four weeks. The customer will be provided with a test free of charge where an appointment cannot be offered within a four week period provided that:

The test is not overdue by more than 7 days at the time of contacting NCTS

An appointment has not been offered at least 1 week prior to the test due date

The customer has not made specific requests regarding suitable days, times or dates

The customer has not declined or rearranged two or more appointments

The customer has not failed to attend an appointment

The customer has not previously accepted or requested an appointment outside of the four week period

The points noted above only apply when an appointment has not been offered within four weeks. There is no guarantee of a test appointment at short notice for cars overdue the test.

Edit: Its the appointment has not been offered 1 week prior to test due date point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Last time I needed to book, the website was only showing very limited dates. When I phoned them, they were able to give me a booking further in the future that didn't show up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

I booked mine last week and managed to get an appointment (with more than enough choices) for next week so the OP shouldn't have any issue either (im aware this was posted last month).

Advertisement