Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At a loss with being over charged

Options
  • 04-12-2017 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭

Hoping you can help me, I had a monthly payment of 9.99 taken from my account by microsoft via my visa debit card, last month they took 5 payments instead of 1! I have contacted them and they are really dragging their heels with this and I am sick and tired of dealing with them, can BOI do some sort of a charge back? Thats 39.96 that is not owed to microsoft and I can prove this with emails and a obvious look at my account.

Any help appreciated.
    Mick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hoping you can help me, I had a monthly payment of 9.99 taken from my account by microsoft via my visa debit card, last month they took 5 payments instead of 1! I have contacted them and they are really dragging their heels with this and I am sick and tired of dealing with them, can BOI do some sort of a charge back? Thats 39.96 that is not owed to microsoft and I can prove this with emails and a obvious look at my account.

Any help appreciated.
    Mick.

Hi Mick,

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards.

Yes you can request a chargeback in relation to these amounts. Please fill in the form at this link to request a refund and our Chargeback team will look into this for you. Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Hi Mick,

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards.

Yes you can request a chargeback in relation to these amounts. Please fill in the form at this link to request a refund and our Chargeback team will look into this for you. Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thank you.

Can I email it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Can I email it?

Hi Mick,

The form needs to be posted to the address that's included on the form.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi

Forgot to ask how long the process takes, letter should have arrived Friday.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi

Forgot to ask how long the process takes, letter should have arrived Friday.

Thanks
    Hi Mick,

thanks for getting back to us.

A dispute can take up to 45 calendar days to be resolved after which we will be in touch in writing. This can be extended depending on the retailers response.

If you wish to query this in the meantime you can send a message through your 365 online account by choosing ' Ask a Question', on the Service desk. An advisor will be able to check this for you.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else,
    Thanks again, Jane

Can you help me find out if there has been a update to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here. I'd ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be more than happy to have a look into your charge back request.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here. I'd ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be more than happy to have a look into your charge back request.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

why do you need you hold onto the money for 45 days, isnt their an electronic record? why does it need to be processed thru snail mail?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

why do you need you hold onto the money for 45 days, isnt their an electronic record? why does it need to be processed thru snail mail?

Hi kumate_champ07,

The funds are with the retailer and are not being held by the bank. The chargeback process can take up to 45 days.

Thanks,
    Tara

Logged this on Thursday and no update

Hi kumate_champ07,

The funds are with the retailer and are not being held by the bank. The chargeback process can take up to 45 days.

Thanks,
    Tara
    the funds are not with the retailer unless its in the form of cash. when its cash they can do an immediate refund

is the retailer waiting on a physical form from your bank sent via mail?

Hi again kumate_champ07,

Once the retailer has processed a card payment, the funds are debited from the customer's account and are credited to the retailer's account. If you have a query in relation to a chargeback you've requested, you can send a Ask a Question message or call customer services on 0818365365 to request an update.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi again kumate_champ07,

Once the retailer has processed a card payment, the funds are debited from the customer's account and are credited to the retailer's account. If you have a query in relation to a chargeback you've requested, you can send a Ask a Question message or call customer services on 0818365365 to request an update.

Thanks
    Tara
    Dont mind him! I said I logged this on thursday and still nothing.

Hi there,

Please be assured, as soon as the team have an update from chargebacks they will get back to you.

Thanks
    Tara

you've ignored this question, are you telling me  i need to make a phone call to have this question answered? id just like to know why the customer cant do a charge back using modern online banking, why is it technically necessary to use paper and mail

Hi there,

Please be assured, as soon as the team have an update from chargebacks they will get back to you.

Thanks
    Tara
    That came through today, thanks for all your help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

you've ignored this question, are you telling me  i need to make a phone call to have this question answered? id just like to know why the customer cant do a charge back using modern online banking, why is it technically necessary to use paper and mail

Hi kumate_champ07,

Thanks for coming back to us here.

Just to clarify, if you have already raised a chargeback with us, and wish to follow up the option to call us or send a message on 365 online is available to you.

While we will always try and assist as much as we can here, we cant comment on the ways a procedure is carried out.

Thanks again for your post,
    Jane.

Advertisement