Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing a new oven

Options
  • 04-12-2017 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

What's the cost roughly for this type of job. Cooker switch is burnt out too so that will need replacing.

Double oven.

Trying to fix the cooker switch myself but whenever I flip the switch for the kitchen the oven is still on so not going near it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

RasTa wrote: »
    Trying to fix the cooker switch myself but whenever I flip the switch for the kitchen the oven is still on so not going near it.

The 'switch for the kitchen' that you're flipping is probably for the ordinary sockets in the kitchen - the ones you use for the kettle, toaster etc. The cooker switch will be on a separate circuit all by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

What's the cost roughly for this type of job. Cooker switch is burnt out too so that will need replacing.

Double oven.

As mentioned it will (should) be on its own breaker but with all due respect (and with the risk of coming across as a twat) if you did not know that then yeah it is probably best you get somone else to do it as any mistake working on that could be fatal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

alta stare wrote: »
    As mentioned it will (should) be on its own breaker but with all due respect (and with the risk of coming across as a twat) if you did not know that then yeah it is probably best you get somone else to do it as any mistake working on that could be fatal.

Exactly. I'm not going near it. Any idea of a price or any nixers lads on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Exactly. I'm not going near it. Any idea of a price or any nixers lads on here?

Pricewise i dunno if it is just the switch id say anywhere from 50-100euro depending on who does it and whether it is a nixer or an actual priced job. A priced job will take into account the switch, travel, labour etc whereas someone doing it as a nixer probably will just see it as a handy 50 euro or so into the hand. Its not a big deal to change out a cooker switch so it wont be mad money.

Advertisement