Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID this flower

Options
  • 04-12-2017 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Can you help me to identify this flower, its like an iris. Its a really nice colour and has been flowering since October, I'd like to plant more, once I know what it is !

2017-10-25_16.25.26.jpg

2017-10-25_16.25.23.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Schizostylis, commonly called Kaffir lily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

buzz11 wrote: »
    Can you help me to identify this flower, its like an iris. Its a really nice colour and has been flowering since October, I'd like to plant more, once I know what it is !

Divide divide divide! Best to divide up larger lumps anyway. Just wait till its all died down then take a fork to it.

However now you know what it is you could get some of the other coloured forms. The pink is nice but the red Schizostylis coccinea 'Major' if you like it can be a real slash of colour late in the year, note that particular form is a larger plant than the pink you have.

Advertisement