If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE49MU7000

Options
  • 04-12-2017 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was considering the Hisense 49N5700 but have been looking at the Samsung UE49MU7000. Could you advise me if you think there would be better 4K HDR performance from the Samsung and what are the major differences in specs between the two TV's? 

TV will be used for movie watching, streaming and gaming. 

Also what is the best Boardsie price for the Samsung delivered to Clare (presuming it is the better option)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

skerry wrote: »
    Hi, I was considering the Hisense 49N5700 but have been looking at the Samsung UE49MU7000. Could you advise me if you think there would be better 4K HDR performance from the Samsung and what are the major differences in specs between the two TV's? 

Also what is the best Boardsie price for the Samsung delivered to Clare (presuming it is the better option)

Thanks in advance.
    Hi skerry,

The Samsung is a much better panel than the Hisense. It has a better smart hub as well as a better colour spectrum and motion processing. The Samsung would be much smoother and give better contrast than the Hisense.

We are really stretched on the price of the Samsung at the moment so £749 would be our best price with £6.99 for shipping and a 6 year guarantee included.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Thanks in advance.
    Hi skerry,

The Samsung is a much better panel than the Hisense. It has a better smart hub as well as a better colour spectrum and motion processing. The Samsung would be much smoother and give better contrast than the Hisense.

We are really stretched on the price of the Samsung at the moment so £749 would be our best price with £6.99 for shipping and a 6 year guarantee included.

Kind regards

David
    Hi Kenny, 

Thanks a million for reply. I'll have a think about it tonight and see if I can stretch to the Samsung. 

Any chance ye could throw in free postage if no budge on TV price? Do you know if the Samsung will be at that price for long more or is it only a temporary offer?

Also is there any better options at the same price as the Samsung that I should be considering?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi skerry,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Kenny, 

Thanks a million for reply. I'll have a think about it tonight and see if I can stretch to the Samsung. 

Any chance ye could throw in free postage if no budge on TV price? Do you know if the Samsung will be at that price for long more or is it only a temporary offer?

Also is there any better options at the same price as the Samsung that I should be considering?
    Hi Skerry.

I could just about squeeze in free shipping for you.

I'm not sure how long the pricing will hold as its meant to be today that the Black Friday price changes and goes back to normal. I'm not sure what will change and what will stay the same unfortunately.

The Samsung would be the best TV in this price bracket and is a lot of TV for £749.00.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi skerry,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Kenny, 

Hi Skerry.

I'm not sure how long the pricing will hold as its meant to be today that the Black Friday price changes and goes back to normal. I'm not sure what will change and what will stay the same unfortunately.

The Samsung would be the best TV in this price bracket and is a lot of TV for £749.00.
    Hi Kenny, 

Thanks a million for that. Just let me consult the missus and convince her how much we need this :)

Is it close of business today that prices are expected to change?

Do I order over phone or website? If going ahead, I'll be using a Revolut card and can pay sterling if thats OK

Also, is this the best bang for buck 4k you have at the moment for that money or is there other options worth considering?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi skerry,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Kenny, 

Hi Skerry.

Hi Kenny, 

Thanks a million for that. Just let me consult the missus and convince her how much we need this :)

Do I order over phone or website? If going ahead, I'll be using a Revolut card and can pay sterling if thats OK

Also, is this the best bang for buck 4k you have at the moment for that money or is there other options worth considering?
    Hey Skerry.

Yeah, close of business today they are meant to change but I notice that some products have already moved in price.
    The 49MU7000 is 100% best value for money at its current price point.

Quickest would be to order via the website as this processes straight away.
    I'm not sure what a Revolut card is? Is it a normal credit or debit card?

• Advertisement

Thanks in advance.
    Hi skerry,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Kenny, 

Hi Skerry.

Hi Kenny, 

Hey Skerry.

Yeah, close of business today they are meant to change but I notice that some products have already moved in price.

Thanks Kenny. Revolut is a Mastercard. 

Final question, is the Sony XE8004 in the same league as the Samsung, choosing between the two and finding it hard to get spec comparisons?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi skerry,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Kenny, 

Hi Skerry.

Hi Kenny, 

Hey Skerry.

Final question, is the Sony XE8004 in the same league as the Samsung, choosing between the two and finding it hard to get spec comparisons?
    Hey Skerry.

The 49MU7000 would in my opinion have the better picture over the Sony.
    Sony wins on smart features as it is an Android operating system.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi skerry,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Kenny, 

Hi Skerry.

Hi Kenny, 

Hey Skerry.

Hey Skerry.

The 49MU7000 would in my opinion have the better picture over the Sony.
    Sony wins on smart features as it is an Android operating system.
    Thanks for that Kenny. I seen the picture on the MU7000 in a local shop and looks pretty nice. I think my mind is made up. Can you tell me how I avail of your kind offer of free postage if ordering online, or would I need to order on phone to avail of this?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi skerry,

thanks for the posts / PM's and mails :)

We will get that arranged for you tomorrow,

Thanks again and keep us posted - thanks for the biz - its really appreciated,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John, thanks for that and thanks to Kenny for helping me make the most difficult decision since naming my child :)

Any idea when I should expect to receive the TV? Delivery is to Clare

• Advertisement

Hi John, thanks for that and thanks to Kenny for helping me make the most difficult decision since naming my child :)

Any idea when I should expect to receive the TV? Delivery is to Clare
    Hi Skerry,

Your TV left the warehouse today and should be with you on Monday.

Let me know if you have any issues with the shipment!

Hi Skerry,

Legend, thanks a million Kenny. If you need any details from me to refund shipping as discussed let me know. Cheers

Hi Skerry,

Legend, thanks a million Kenny. If you need any details from me to refund shipping as discussed let me know. Cheers
    You are more than welcome.

I'll have the delivery refund back via our sagepay system.

Hopefully by now you are up and running and enjoying your new set :D

Got text from courier that set will be delivered 2 working days from yesterday, so should have it Monday. Plenty of time go get stuck into some 4k goodness over the Christmas.

Got text from courier that set will be delivered 2 working days from yesterday, so should have it Monday. Plenty of time go get stuck into some 4k goodness over the Christmas.
    Ah... No worries.

Let me know what you think once your up and running.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.