Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coffee class

• 04-12-2017 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭

I’m considering doing a coffee class. I think it’ll be a bit of fun, and that it will improve my brew.

Have any of you ever done one?

I had my eye on the Roasted Brown ‘Tasters and Makers’ course, but they’ve since ceased doing classes.

The 3FE one is an option, even though it’s quite pricey.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Mod Edit: Tis the season of goodwill, be nice, please! :)

The Gloomster!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I’m considering doing a coffee class. I think it’ll be a bit of fun, and that it will improve my brew.

Have any of you ever done one?

I had my eye on the Roasted Brown ‘Tasters and Makers’ course, but they’ve since ceased doing classes.

The 3FE one is an option, even though it’s quite pricey.

I've done some of the 3FE courses, many years ago when they were cheaper. I think there was a filter coffee session that was €15 and included a free bag of coffee.

That was using the Chemex I think. You can learn all this stuff from Youtube, but it's good to meet like minded people and have a bit of fun with it.

I'd say the 3FE courses would be good but the prices look to be a bit crazy from them at the moment unless you are planning a career in coffee.

I'm sure any of the main cafes in Dublin would do a good job with their classes though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

It's a very reasonable request so if you're posting stay on topic and leave out the attempts at humour please.

Posts deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Did a half day course in the Dublin Barista School. Very good intro to the basics I found :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭Cocksy

nope i don't need coffee class I can always buy starbucks coffee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Cocksy wrote: »
    nope i don't need coffee class I can always buy starbucks coffee
    Consider that maybe, some people want to gain a better understanding of coffee roasting or brewing, beyond drinking it! There are a lot of great people in Ireland providing solid education.

You might be interested in contacting First Draft Coffee, they seem to do some solid tasting sessions and accredited classes.

Advertisement