Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmore Parking

Options
  • 04-12-2017 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Just got a message from my OH, someone left quite a little note on the car around Kilmore, parked on one of the roads beside one of the greens not in front of a driveway or anything.

I get that the residence are annoyed at people parking around Kilmore, but if the car is taxed and parked legally then your issue isn't with the car or owner, it's with DCC as they are over parking.

Doing stuff like this IMO really doesn't do anything to help your cause. I understand it's bad cars all over the place the way some cars are parked, I have relatives in the area. But leaving these notes on cars isn't going to help anyone, more so when the car is parked perfectly legally.

In fact it stinks to high heaven of the same crowd as the water protesters from that area, who think that bullying workers is fine. There obviously not getting there way with DCC so are now resorting to bullying car owners.

Moral of the story, take your case to DCC or the hospital, leaving notes on cars telling people where to park isn't your job unless your a parking warden. Doing so is making you look like a total trouble maker and blackening your cause doing so.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If it's really a big issue, the residents can appliy for permit parking, which would make everyone pay (though residents less than visitors).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

ive seen the residents off 1 particular green near the church there block people from parking before and they look like the type who,ll protest for any "social justice" issue . the hospital staff carparks are full and they arent allowed to build anymore parking on the hospital site

Advertisement