Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Parking in Carlow

Options
  • 04-12-2017 8:22pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Carlow County Council wish to inform the public of the following parking arrangements for Carlow Town Centre for the Christmas period:

Free parking from 9.30am to 12noon and 3.00pm to 6.30pm in all Pay and Display Parking Zones for the period Thursday 23rd November, 2017 to Saturday 30th December, 2017 inclusive

Free car parking for the period Thursday 23rd November to Saturday, 30th December, 2017 (inclusive) in the following public car parks only:

o Town Hall

o Bus Park

o Green Bank Road

o VISUAL

First 30 minute free parking, for on-street parking only, on Tullow Street Upper and Tullow Street Lower; Dublin Street; Kennedy Avenue; Potato Market and Castle Street, continues to apply

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

I have seen elsewhere on social media in local groups and, I think on local medias social media platforms comments from people who're confused on this issue.

This is despite similar parking arrangements being in situ now for quite an amount of years, 3-5.

Many of those confused have driving licences...........

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Isthisthingon?

What does confuse me , and this is not just in carlow is the 30 minute free parking... how does the warden know you have been there 5, 10, 30 minutes or longer unless he or she sees you park and starts the timer. I'm always worried I'll return back within the 30 mins to find a ticket.
    And if you want to park for an hour do you just pay for 30 and hope the warden takes the other 30 mins free into account?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

What does confuse me , and this is not just in carlow is the 30 minute free parking... how does the warden know you have been there 5, 10, 30 minutes or longer unless he or she sees you park and starts the timer. I'm always worried I'll return back within the 30 mins to find a ticket.
    And if you want to park for an hour do you just pay for 30 and hope the warden takes the other 30 mins free into account?

I have the same question also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Maor Trachtala're relying on motorists honesty for the 30 mins. free parking.

Bear in mind there's only 1 or 2 of them but there's loads of you.

If you park on Tullow St. at 10am and they don't see you, then in theory you can be there all day; they've only to be lucky once but you've to be lucky all the time.

Let's say they clock you at 10:30am (even though you're there since 10 or 10:15am) they'll time you from then. If they come back round at 10 past 11 they can ticket you.

It's an almost impossibly situation to police; the 30 minutes shouldn't've been free; reduce it by all means but free is extracting the etc.

Because for the 1st 30 you don't need a ticket; this is another way to detect someone engaging in the 30 mins. by the way so if you've no ticket they can go from whatever time they clock (pun intended) you and bung a ticket on later; there's grace but it's about 10-15 minutes.

Obviously a retailer or resident can report you if they've clocked your taking the but it's only the photographic evidence of PW that'll hold up; when they're issuing a find they'll always take photographic evidence they're doing so of the ticket, vehicle, street etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Last year they took the 30 minutes from when they first come across the parked car.

Re the parking at the visual, a very irate lady was in the council offices complaining that they couldnt get into the car park as the barriers were down. Turns out they were trying to access the carpark for St. Pats and refused to accept that this was the case. Naturally enough it was the councils fault and not theirs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement