Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA transfers

Options
  • 04-12-2017 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi there

Can you explain why I made a SEPA transfer from a BOI account on Friday at 1455 and it still has not hit designated account as of 1928 today

I did the same transfer from a TSB account at same time to a BOI account and it had hit by 0757 Saturday morning ?

The reason I did the same transfer in reverse is that I have noticed delays in various SEPA transfers from my BOI account but not my PTSB account

Can you explicitly confirm the t&c for your BOI SEPA transfers as I am told a different thing each time eg latest time for request is 1630 then 1530 etc etc etc

Your call centre very frustrating to deal with btw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi there

Can you explain why I made a SEPA transfer from a BOI account on Friday at 1455 and it still has not hit designated account as of 1928 today

I did the same transfer from a TSB account at same time to a BOI account and it had hit by 0757 Saturday morning ?

The reason I did the same transfer in reverse is that I have noticed delays in various SEPA transfers from my BOI account but not my PTSB account

Can you explicitly confirm the t&c for your BOI SEPA transfers as I am told a different thing each time eg latest time for request is 1630 then 1530 etc etc etc

Hi MikeCairo78,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Sorry to hear this, this transfer should have reached the payee account by yesterday, Monday. A SEPA transfer from an account in the Republic of Ireland should take one working day once you send it before 3.30pm on a working day. While the cut-off time for the UK is 4.30pm on a working day.

We would advise you to provide the proof of transfer to the payee so that they can trace this payment with their own bank.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Hi there

Hi MikeCairo78,

Sorry to hear this, this transfer should have reached the payee account by yesterday, Monday. A SEPA transfer from an account in the Republic of Ireland should take one working day once you send it before 3.30pm on a working day. While the cut-off time for the UK is 4.30pm on a working day.

We would advise you to provide the proof of transfer to the payee so that they can trace this payment with their own bank.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi BofI

Similar problem here in reverse

I have rec'd a screenshot from client of a transfer from PTSB on Friday 5th probably after 3.30pm, to my account in BofI

As of 11am today, not arrived

What are the implications of Sat/Sunday, to the transfer times, this is the second transfer so no issues with IBAN, BIC etc.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

martinn123 wrote: »
    Hi there

Hi MikeCairo78,

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi BofI

I have rec'd a screenshot from client of a transfer from PTSB on Friday 5th probably after 3.30pm, to my account in BofI

What are the implications of Sat/Sunday, to the transfer times, this is the second transfer so no issues with IBAN, BIC etc.

Thanks
    Hi Martinn123,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

SEPA transfers should take one business day to receive through your account if sent before 3:30 pm, and two business days if sent after 3:30 pm on a business day. Transfers made at the weekend will be processed the next business day.

We'd advise that your client contacts their bank to query this, as it should have been received by Tuesday if they follow the same procedure. The funds are applied to your account so soon as we receive them.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again, Jane

martinn123 wrote: »
    Hi there

Hi MikeCairo78,

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi BofI

Thanks
    Hi Martinn123,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

SEPA transfers should take one business day to receive through your account if sent before 3:30 pm, and two business days if sent after 3:30 pm on a business day. Transfers made at the weekend will be processed the next business day.

We'd advise that your client contacts their bank to query this, as it should have been received by Tuesday if they follow the same procedure. The funds are applied to your account so soon as we receive them.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again, Jane
    Hi Jane,

Thanks for the reply

As the funds left PTSB on Friday, possibly after 3.30pm, by your rekoning they should have arrived Tuesday, or latest to-day

I phoned 365 on-line, to see if they can see  if anything is  on it's way, and obviously they can't, however they have a completely different time line, of 3-5 working days

I will update this, if and when the funds arrive, but the information you are offering is at variance to your colleagues in 365

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Martinn123,

To query the timeframe for a transfer coming from another bank and also their cut off time for payments, you need to contact that bank as it may differ. We can only confirm Bank of Ireland information here and we apply incoming payments as soon as they're received from other banks.

We've more information on SEPA payments here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Hi Martinn123,

To query the timeframe for a transfer coming from another bank and also their cut off time for payments, you need to contact that bank as it may differ. We can only confirm Bank of Ireland information here and we apply incoming payments as soon as they're received from other banks.

We've more information on SEPA payments here.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara

So my customer has now provided, from PTSB, the Time, a Sequence No, and a Transaction code for the transfer

Your inwards payments dept, says no payment was received, or refused.

It's pass the parcel time.

Tomorrow they will pass on a much longer transaction code, God help us

Will post updates, as       both Banks are referring us, one to the other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi martinn123,

Sorry to hear this is still on going. Can you please ask the payee to request a proof of payment from their bank? This will show the IBAN, BIC and reference sent with the payment. If the IBAN and BIC are correct, please contact customer services who can ask our incoming payments team to check again to see if it's come in to our system. If the IBAN and BIC are incorrect, the payment will not have reached us and the sending bank will need to investigate as we can't trace something that hasn't been received.

Thanks again,
    Tara

Hi martinn123,

Sorry to hear this is still on going. Can you please ask the payee to request a proof of payment from their bank? This will show the IBAN, BIC and reference sent with the payment. If the IBAN and BIC are correct, please contact customer services who can ask our incoming payments team to check again to see if it's come in to our system. If the IBAN and BIC are incorrect, the payment will not have reached us and the sending bank will need to investigate as we can't trace something that hasn't been received.

Thanks again,
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

Thanks for this

The IBAN and BIC are correct as this is not the first payment, and my client picked my name from his list of payees, on-line

As I said I have a Sequence No. and  transaction code, also a precise time the transfer was made,
    Inwards payments state nothing was rec'd nor a payment refused.

He has now requested a Trace, from PTSB, which of course takes three working days.

It's very frustrating as each Bank tries to refer us to the other

Someone has my cash, hope I get it in time for Xmas

Puts a large dent in my faith in the SEPA system, back to cash for me,

Edit, I now have a ''TRACE CODE '' from PTSB, is there anything BofI can do with this, or do I wait for them to come back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Martinn123,

Thanks for the reply.

We are sorry to hear you feel this way.

As the payment was sent from another bank it would need to be traced by themselves. 

Once the payment arrives into BOI it would be applied to your account straight away.

Please wait till they get back to you regarding the trace.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with regarding this issue.  

Thanks,

Kareana

Hi Martinn123,

Thanks for the reply.

We are sorry to hear you feel this way.

As the payment was sent from another bank it would need to be traced by themselves. 

Once the payment arrives into BOI it would be applied to your account straight away.

Please wait till they get back to you regarding the trace.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with regarding this issue.  

Thanks,

Kareana

Well Kareana, and others I thought I would give you an update on this

After 4  working days, PTSB, confirmed from their trace, that the funds were transferred to BofI

Armed with this info, I contacted 365, who stated that this was most unusual,
    PTSB requested that BofI reply to this trace, and take over the hunt for the funds, 5 days later they have not replied to PTSB

So today I rang 365 again, and got a most helpful man, he logged this as an issue, and minutes later \i got a text saying a member of the Branch Staff, would be calling me shortly, that was at 10am today, he also promised to check in with me later in the day, to ensure the Branch had followed up

So at 3pm, I look up the Branch phone number ( yea right ) and go through various ''Press 1 for this etc'' and get someone who rings the branch for me, they do not answer
    So he emails someone and promises me I will get a call imminently.

lads you only need to ignore this for another 24 hours and then you can take a nice Xmas break, the funds I was expecting to pay for my Xmas, will lie in limbo until the New Year

Well done

• Advertisement

Well I thought I would post an update

Mods, can you split this into a separate thread " missing funds in sepa."

So at 4 30 I get a call from the branch, " Hi, do you have a problem " 
    God I am back to square one.
    The most helpful man from 365 who promised to call me, well, he didn't

So I went through the details again, now outstanding for 14 days, 
    First problem, staff in branch, cannot phone " incoming payments " only raise a query by email
    Now I used to work in a paper based office, and the lift shaft solved most of the difficult issues, I guess it's now the delete button

I am awaiting a call tomorrow with some news but do not expect a resolution for some time

WARNING,  do not trust SEPA, if something goes wrong you are on your own.

Merry Xmas.

Advertisement