Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAP LL refusing AFTER first payment.

Options
  • 04-12-2017 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, ok, I'll try to explain best I can...

Private tenant renting. Over 6 years clean rent payment record.

LL agreed (don't think she could refuse?) to enter the HAP scheme with DCC.

LL aware they (HAP) will pay a certain amount in this case 1,300, I as tenant pay additional top up directly to LL.

Now, after the the LL realised they could not charge more per month (RPZ) and due to recent RTB guidelines (LL muted putting a new kitchen in but now I assume was hot air) she told me she never agreed to the HAP and is not sure why they (HAP) paid money into account! All nesseceary paperwork was provided by LL, so why should to all that trouble only to then dispute it!?

I don't know where to begin with this, it is frustrating as the LL is new it seems to the renting game and is expecting tenants to get information for them?

Basically, where do I stand here with my rights as tenant;

Can LL all of a sudden change their mind when the payment is not more from HAP even they KNEW the amount limits for our area/family size?

If the LL can refuse to accept it, what happens then? We are liable for rent but if they refused the HAP how are they going to be paid?

What excuse or legal steps can a LL ask tenants to vacate?

As mentioned the LL muted they wanted to put a new kitchen in, but since the RTB guidelines they now are silent.

Is it now HAP who will need to house us, (nowhere in Dublin accepts HAP within the limits set out by DCC)

Both tenants working full-time and no rent arrears over 6 years.

Thanks in advance, I understand boards is just information only and not legal advice. Just looking to get a broad sense of where we need to go from here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

You say you have been renting for 6 years and that 'LL is new it seems to the renting game'. So, are you saying that you have just started renting from this LL and in a property that is new to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gotsomemoves

You say you have been renting for 6 years and that 'LL is new it seems to the renting game'. So, are you saying that you have just started renting from this LL and in a property that is new to you?

Sorry this LL the last two years before that was a different LL.

So two years with current lady.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Sorry this LL the last two years before that was a different LL.

So two years with current lady.

Is the landlady still getting the same rent as you used pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gotsomemoves

Stheno wrote: »
    Is the landlady still getting the same rent as you used pay?

No it was increased after they bought the apartment, so new LL has been getting 1,450 for two years.

Now wants 1,800-2000....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No it was increased after they bought the apartment, so new LL has been getting 1,450 for two years.

Now wants 1,800-2000....

So the rent hasn't gone up for two years?

If its in a Rpz they can increase it to a max of 1566

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Now wants 1,800-2000....

Have they been thick enough to put that in writing or the kitchen renovation? You need to be wary of HAP as it's paid in arrears so you need to have your house in order.

She needs to be careful she doesn't fall foul of a WRC ruling which could cost a lot more than any extra rent she'd get.

I'd be communicating by email if I were you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Even if she evicted you (which she can't do unless you break the conditions of the lease) she couldn't raise the rent by more than is allowed under RPZ rules (assuming the place is in an RPZ) unless she carries out major renovations.

Advertisement