Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdryer recommendations

Options
  • 04-12-2017 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I’m planning to buy a hairdryer as a Christmas gift, but I have no idea what’s good out there at the moment. My own Babyliss hairdryer has lasted me over 10 years as I don’t use it very often, so I’ve no basis to work from.

Apart from the Dyson dryer, can anyone give me recommendations?

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

dudara wrote: »
    I’m planning to buy a hairdryer as a Christmas gift, but I have no idea what’s good out there at the moment. My own Babyliss hairdryer has lasted me over 10 years as I don’t use it very often, so I’ve no basis to work from.

Apart from the Dyson dryer, can anyone give me recommendations?

TIA

Parlux you can get them in Terrisales very good value and good functionality imo

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Stheno wrote: »
    Parlux you can get them in Terrisales very good value and good functionality imo

I second parlux. They are cheaper directly from the UK site. I read somewhere that the Dyson was good for blast drying but the parlux was better for blow drying. Sorry no idea where I read it. I'm on my second parlux, had the other one over 10 years and love it. Getting my mum the advance one. It's £99 on UK site but €140 in terrisales.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I have an ETI 3800 for the last five years or so and it’s just glorious. I couldn’t be without it. I bought a parlux for my Mam and it’s good alright but feels much less powerful to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SimpleDimples

Another vote for parlux.

Just got a new one - had the last one for 13 yrs.

I have very thick hair which takes forever to dry without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

fonpokno wrote: »
    I have an ETI 3800 for the last five years or so and it’s just glorious. I couldn’t be without it. I bought a parlux for my Mam and it’s good alright but feels much less powerful to me.

I love the ETI 3800 too, good value too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks all, this is great feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Another vote for the Eti, from Peter Mark (or at least that's where I got mine).

I'd bought the Parlux from Terrisales, and then thought OMG how much have I just spent on a hairdryer??? So gave it back, got the Eti, and haven't regretted it for a minute.

I have long thick hair that was a nightmare to dry with my previous Boots cheapie, but it's done in 10 mins no bother with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

ETI 3800 here too. Id say have it 8 or 9 years at this stage, got it from a hairdresser friend. Great for blowdrying and styling, reasonably light and suuuuuper powerful. It's quite bulky for travelling with unfortunately but I always pack it because I just can't stand hairdryers that aren't as powerful anymore. I've gotten too used to it over the years and those flimsy argos and babyliss hairdryers drive me mad now. I've spoiled myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

I had a T3 Featherweight that I unfortunately plugged into the wrong voltage while on hols and killed. I was gifted a Parlux before I had a chance to replace the T3 and to be honest I just couldn't compare the two. The T3 was so light compared to the Parlux, dried the hair so fast without that same intense heat of the Parlux and left hair so soft and shiny. I have always been surprised how the Parlux receives such positive reviews - they're undoubtedly popular but I'd take a T3 above it any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks everyone for your input. I’ve bought the hairdryer now, but I’m not saying which one. It is a gift after all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Can you buy in store in Peter mark or online only?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I bought mine in-store

Advertisement