Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no ovulation this month

Options
  • 04-12-2017 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

last month I bought the clear blue advanced fertility monitor to track ovulation etc. I'm 35. anyhow.. the first month displayed 2 peak days. however this month I'm testing high for 21 days.

due my period in 9 days time.

normally my cycle is between 28 and 30 days.

feeling really down at the minute about this and having read up on it... I don't know what to think.

I'm 35 and know time isn't on my side.

has anyone else experienced this.

thanking you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Different experience but i was getting negatives every month on strip OPKs and very despondent. Noticed some EWCM (cervical mucus) tested straight away and got a positive. It was CD18 so was surprised as have 28 day cycles and always ovulated bang on 14 before so maybe keep trying throughout cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

last month I bought the clear blue advanced fertility monitor to track ovulation etc. I'm 35. anyhow.. the first month displayed 2 peak days. however this month I'm testing high for 21 days.

due my period in 9 days time.

normally my cycle is between 28 and 30 days.

feeling really down at the minute about this and having read up on it... I don't know what to think.

I'm 35 and know time isn't on my side.

has anyone else experienced this.

thanking you in advance

I used the monitor for around 6 months and only got a peak reading for one month. I did ovulate all those other months though (I confirmed this through taking my temperature and also once at the GP via blood test).

The thing with the monitor is it looks for your LH surge to give you the peak reading, but as you're supposed to use in the morning you might have a short surge or have your surge in the afternoon or evening and miss it entirely because your LH in the morning might be too low to register as a peak.

What I found helpful was to order a bunch of cheap ovulation sticks on amazon so I can test a few times a day when I know I should be close and incase the monitor missed the surge. It might be worth looking up fertility charting as well, I've found that the best thing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GalwayDonegal

hi there and thanks so much for your response. I appreciate it. I've booked doctor for next week. stressing about it to be honest. I'm reading up on it alot and see that the first step will be to do blood tests on day 3 and 21. after that who knows.

I used the monitor for around 6 months and only got a peak reading for one month. I did ovulate all those other months though (I confirmed this through taking my temperature and also once at the GP via blood test).

The thing with the monitor is it looks for your LH surge to give you the peak reading, but as you're supposed to use in the morning you might have a short surge or have your surge in the afternoon or evening and miss it entirely because your LH in the morning might be too low to register as a peak.

What I found helpful was to order a bunch of cheap ovulation sticks on amazon so I can test a few times a day when I know I should be close and incase the monitor missed the surge. It might be worth looking up fertility charting as well, I've found that the best thing for me.

Advertisement