Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Direct Debit

Options
  • 04-12-2017 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Hi,
     I have an amazon charge coming out of my credit card every month. i rang BOI today to cancel it and the girl on the phone said "I cant cancel it as we have an agreement with Amazon" I find this unbelievable, what about the agreement that you have with me?

I cant cancel with amazon as i have forgotten the login details. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Sounds like you signed up to amazon prime which buying an item.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

AFAIK Amazon don't do Direct Debits, so the bank wouldn't have a mandate to cancel. What was the amount? It could be something like Audible or Kindle Unlimited or Prime. 

You would need to get on to Amazon - have you forgotten all your login details ie even your email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Toots wrote: »
    AFAIK Amazon don't do Direct Debits, so the bank wouldn't have a mandate to cancel. What was the amount? It could be something like Audible or Kindle Unlimited or Prime. 

You would need to get on to Amazon - have you forgotten all your login details ie even your email address?

Ring the bank again and tell them to cancel the payment or you'll cancel the card and move to another bank. Sometimes does the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Irishder wrote: »
    Hi,
     I have an amazon charge coming out of my credit card every month. i rang BOI today to cancel it and the girl on the phone said "I cant cancel it as we have an agreement with Amazon" I find this unbelievable, what about the agreement that you have with me?

I cant cancel with amazon as i have forgotten the login details. 

Hi Irishder,

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards.

We would advise you to contact Amazon directly to request this payment to be cancelled. You can also send a message through the Service Desk and the Ask a Question option if you have your Credit Card added to view on 365 Online. An advisor should then be able to request this continuous authority payment to be stopped.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Hi Sarah,
     I cant contact Amazon as i cant remember my login details. I have sent a message through 365online and i am awaiting feedback. 

Regards,
    Derek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Klangaroo

You must have signed up for Amazon Prime...the bank can request for the continuous payment to be cancelled on your behalf but it doesn’t guarantee that it will be cancelled. You’re better off contacting Amazon and getting it cancelled directly - just reset your log in details?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Irishder wrote: »
    Hi Sarah,
     I cant contact Amazon as i cant remember my login details. I have sent a message through 365online and i am awaiting feedback. 

Regards,
    Derek

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your reply. Our Credit Card team will reply to your message and have a look into this for you. Please keep an eye on your inbox on 365 Online for this.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement