Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Government Stamp Duty

Options
  • 04-12-2017 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi I have received a monthly statement on the 1st Of December 2017 with a €30 government stamp duty payment.  Please read the statement below from revenues website. My address is outside of the state. So please cancel the payment and also cancel the credit card as I have many UK credit cards with no government or bank charges on them. Regards

You are not liable to Stamp Duty if your billing address is outside the State for the entire tax year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭RCSATELLITES

Hi I have received a monthly statement on the 1st Of December 2017 with a €30 government stamp duty payment.  Please read the statement below from revenues website. My address is outside of the state. So please cancel the payment and also cancel the credit card as I have many UK credit cards with no government or bank charges on them. Regards

You are not liable to Stamp Duty if your billing address is outside the State for the entire tax year.
    Got it sorted, system error from Bank of Ireland. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Got it sorted, system error from Bank of Ireland. 

Hi RCSATELLITES,

Thanks for your post. We've checked this with our Credit Card team who have advised us that due to a processing error some Credit Card customers have been incorrectly charged Government Stamp Duty. This will be credited back to accounts this evening.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement