Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Crash/Traffic thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Did anyone hear anything about the truck yesterday that was driving the wrong way up the N28 turn-off for Mount Oval?

A cousin mesaged me on his dashcam footage yesterday, very lucky to have been in the right hand lane heading for Douglas, as you really don't see it coming till it's too late to react.

From the video, it was in the left hand lane for people heading towards Passage West and a few seconds away from smashing into oncoming traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

It's not your job to control behaviour or to 'teach lessons' unless you're in the Garda Traffic Corps.

But it is my job to make sure I don't endanger myself because of some idiot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,911 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I personally find drivers are way too concerned about the car behind them. I tend to drive away normally, whether they are up my hole are not there at all doesn't really concern me.
    If by driving normally he ends up crashing into the back of me, I'll deal with it through the insurance. Thankfully, in over 20 years of driving I've not been involved in a crash. I'm always more focused/worried about what's in front of me than what's behind me.

Also, anyone hear of the crash outside Fota this morning before 8 o'clock. Heard there were traffic restrictions there but it was gone by the time I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Did anyone hear anything about the truck yesterday that was driving the wrong way up the N28 turn-off for Mount Oval?

A cousin mesaged me on his dashcam footage yesterday, very lucky to have been in the right hand lane heading for Douglas, as you really don't see it coming till it's too late to react.

From the video, it was in the left hand lane for people heading towards Passage West and a few seconds away from smashing into oncoming traffic.

Sorry confusion reigns here, The N28 turn off for Mount Oval....is that the slip road, as in the one that leads from the N28 Southbound directly into Mount Oval, the one way road?

Or are you referring to Bloomfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

kub wrote: »
    Sorry confusion reigns here, The N28 turn off for Mount Oval....is that the slip road, as in the one that leads from the N28 Southbound directly into Mount Oval, the one way road?

Or are you referring to Bloomfield?

I'm terrible with names of anywhere around the south side, so this one:

https://goo.gl/maps/a2jGWNSuaNr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I've seen a few cars go up that off ramp. Happens regularly enough I'd say even though it takes effort to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Thank you and thanks for the heads up, I have never seen it happen there and i come that way a lot.

PS its the Rochestown Road exit from The Bloomfield Interchange......at least that is what i would call it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Tis mad what some people end up doing. I came face to face with someone coming out of mount oval directly onto the N28 once. They were coming down the (one way) off ramp from Mount Oval against traffic. At least they turned (awkwardly) towards Carrigaline instead of heading the wrong way down the DC towards Bloomfield. I think they did know what they were doing though and just trying to take a (very dangerous) shortcut to Carrigaline.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Seemed like nobody was prepared for the icey roads yesterday. Multiple crashes.

Cars sliding into ditches in some parts of Cork leaving some roads unpassable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/two-men-lucky-to-survive-horror-crash-in-cork-city-841527.html

"Two young men are lucky to be alive after an horrific single vehicle car crash in Cork city early this morning.
    A VW Passat was travelling on the Douglas Rd around 2am when it collided with several poles and brought down power lines.
    The car came to rest wrapped around a steel pole."

What's the betting they were observing the speed limit here?
    Lots of cars roaring up and down suburban areas in the wee hours, only a matter of time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/two-men-lucky-to-survive-horror-crash-in-cork-city-841527.html

"Two young men are lucky to be alive after an horrific single vehicle car crash in Cork city early this morning.
    A VW Passat was travelling on the Douglas Rd around 2am when it collided with several poles and brought down power lines.
    The car came to rest wrapped around a steel pole."

What's the betting they were observing the speed limit here?
    Lots of cars roaring up and down suburban areas in the wee hours, only a matter of time...
    Pissed,doped up,speeding, careless,u name it, whilst no one wants anyone hurt,hop the gardai throw the book at these 2,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Travelling at that speed..It may have been stolen?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm surprised there was no deaths looking at that car.

Those 2 men are haunted they're still alive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,911 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Somebody was watching over them alright. To drive the engine out through the car takes some momentum and force.

Advertisement