Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rent with pets allowed

• 04-12-2017 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hey folks, how are you? i'm here because i'm desperate and i need help. i've came here on dec 2012, for good, and after few years of stress finally i've brought my mom and my dog here. at the beginning some of the colleagues warned me about how expensive will be to own a dog here, but didn't care because the dog is part of my family and even if i'll starving i'll try to keep it near to me. the problem is my landlord sold the house and the new company gave us notice to leave the house for all 11 flats till 31 of january. now i'm desperate to find a rent where dogs are allowed. we are not that type of tenant who are looking for a palace. we need something with one double bedroom and open kitchen with enough space for a couch and for dog bed. we are clean tenants with full time jobs and very quiet (in few words we are the desired tenants for all type of landlords and very easy to deal with us). our budget is not too big due to our work areas( cleaning and deli) and is between 1200-1300euro. if it's here anybody which can help with a place, i can paint every year the place for free and i can clean the house hallway/monthly and cut the grass same for free. or other things what i know (for instance i can help you with laptops/desktops software issues or i can teach your kids or you how to play guitar or how to create music using music software) for free... i work on barrow street and my girlfriend on rathgar. the dog dr he's on terenure whitehall road. so, we need something if it's possible near to one of this areas or easy to get 15a,15b, 1,1c, 77a, 56a, 47 bus. i assure you'll be happy with us and both parts will be more than happy. references and cash available for first month and deposit. i hope there's here a good heart person or else i'll be on 31 a homeless with full time job...strange but this can happen. cheers, daniel <snip>

OP, I've removed your phone number.
    If anyone wants to contact the op privately, please do so by pm.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

We're lucky, our landlady is great about our dogs, heard a few others mention offering a Doggie Deposit works wonders too

• Registered Users Posts: 4 danielgb

i can do that as well or if the landlord he/she's a nice person which can assure me i can stay minimum 1 year, can keep the deposit for good. i'm easy to talk with... i was lucky too till few months ago. the ex landlord didn't allowed pets but the agent was a great person. i've told him the dog she's quiet and no one will complain her for barks because she's extremely quiet and if the landlord will come to check the house i can go out with the dog. for this i've paid him 50e/month

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

Honestly, you are going to seriously struggle finding a place which allows dogs. It doesn't matter how well you look after the place. Its a landlords world out there at the moment in terms of volumes of people looking for accommodation. So you will be at the bottom of the list unfortunately. Also you were very lucky to find a letting agent that allowed the dog when the landlord states no pets are allowed. You wont find that often I don't think.

I would try offer a separate deposit for the dogs which may sway landlords a little more but that's all you can do.

Unfortunately, the stressful times are not over yet. My friend recently had to rehome her two dogs because she couldn't find a place that allowed them.

i'm agree with all landlords who own hi class properties (perhaps i'll do the same), but not with the other category who own a ''prehistoric''(crap) place surrounded by properties full of pets owners on that area and not allowed pets because they ''smell money in the air'' blackmailed you to take all the house. it's happened to me last week after i've paid the deposit and first month. the agent told me the landlord he's an old nice gentleman and i can speak with him after he'll come back from holiday. the landlord have another apt upstairs with a non hygienic toilet(was a wardrobe i think and due to lack of space he put the toilet bowl there without a sink in same room) which keep the future interesting tenants out(the rent is big as well), he thought i'm rich and rent that crap apt as well.

scudzilla wrote: »
    We're lucky, our landlady is great about our dogs, heard a few others mention offering a Doggie Deposit works wonders too

can you please ask her if she don't have something available? not far than 1 hour with the bus till city center. i don't drive. thx

• Advertisement
Advertisement