Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA payscale

Options
  • 04-12-2017 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Regarding Local Authority jobs, does anyone know if you can jump up the salary scale in a Grade II position (permanent / temporary), if coming from a higher grade (temporary) position such as Grade I?

Or do you have to start back at the bottom of the payscale? I know someone who was offered such a position where he/she was told to start back at the bottom.

Has anyone or knows of anyone who started at a scale that matched their previous higher position?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Thread will be opened by people who know about salaries in California. Thread will not necessarily be opened by people who know about local authority jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Hi guys,

Regarding Local Authority jobs, does anyone know if you can jump up the salary scale in a Grade II position (permanent / temporary), if coming from a higher grade (temporary) position such as Grade I?

Or do you have to start back at the bottom of the payscale? I know someone who was offered such a position where he/she was told to start back at the bottom.

Has anyone or knows of anyone who started at a scale that matched their previous higher position?

Thanks!

I don't really understand your post because I'm not familiar with grades 1 or 2 but to share my experience, last year I got promoted from Clerical Officer (grade 3) to Assistant Staff Officer (grade 4)
    At the time, I was on the 10th point of CO scale (approx 36k) but the starting salary for an ASO was approx 28k so instead of going back down to the start of the ASO scale I was put on the 6th or 7th (can't rightly recall which) point of ASO scale which meant I didn't lose money just because I got promoted.. Hope that's of some help to you

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

Hi guys,

Thanks!

It depends on a couple of factors.
    Length of service at the Grade I? If it was temporary and less than a year it may not count as service.
    Was there a break in service going from the Grade I to the Grade II?

Generally your salary will be matched where possible but it depends on a few things like the above.

Advertisement