Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

black Friday dehumudifier

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,928 ✭✭✭✭Basq

km79 wrote: »
    The box was damaged .
    and worse.
    There are 2 red marks on the unit itslef, black marks on the power cable and scratches on the display. It looks like a used or at best display unit.
    Was it a Warehouse Deal? If so, these are all potential scenarios. Especially the box being damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Basq wrote: »
    Was it a Warehouse Deal? If so, these are all potential scenarios. Especially the box being damaged.

no
    My wife also collected from Addresspal/Anpost depot and didnt spot damage to box
    I would have refused to pay them the 25 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

How much were they in the sales?

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    How much were they in the sales?
    125 pound
    Amazon deal of the day
    Amazon recommended.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Providing the damage doesn't prevent the machine from working, then just negotiate a partial refund.

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »
    Providing the damage doesn't prevent the machine from working, then just negotiate a partial refund.
    I wasn’t even sure I would be allowed Switch it on before returning it ?
    If I am I may as well check that it works I suppose

Yeah check it out first,if your happy then haggle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved to Consumer Issues as its more suited here now than Bargain alerts.

Yeah check it out first,if your happy then haggle :)
    They rang me today
    2 options
    Return it and get refund (lose 25 euro spent on addresspal )
    Keep it !

That’s it
    No partial refund offer
    Basically it’s tough luck as I used address pal to get an item that wouldn’t normally be sent here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They rang me today
    2 options
    Keep it !

That’s it
    No partial refund offer
    Basically it’s tough luck as I used address pal to get an item that wouldn’t normally be sent here

Unfortunately, they are correct and it's not their problem that you avoided delivery costs by using addresspal.

• Advertisement

They rang me today
    2 options
    Keep it !

That’s it
    No partial refund offer

Unfortunately, they are correct and it's not their problem that you avoided delivery costs by using addresspal.
    My issue is not the delivery costs
    My issue is the item is not new and was sold to me as such
    They have tried to sella used or possibly ex display item as new

Errors happen and they have offered you a refund.

Errors happen and they have offered you a refund.
    Sending a used item instead of a new item is not an error.........anyway I've asked for it to be escalated further

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They would never be responsible for costs you incurred that are nothing to do with them - return and refund is all you're entitled to for a mistake described item like this and the refund will be of what you paid them alone

Using forwarders is always as your own risk

L1011 wrote: »
    They would never be responsible for costs you incurred that are nothing to do with them - return and refund is all you're entitled to for a mistake described item like this and the refund will be of what you paid them alone

Thats quite understandable but I would have thought they would be open to a partial refund or amazon credit for the damaged goods,

OP its up to you now,either accept what there are offering or keep it if it works.

L1011 wrote: »

Thats quite understandable but I would have thought they would be open to a partial refund or amazon credit for the damaged goods,

OP its up to you now,either accept what there are offering or keep it if it works.
    I turned it on tonight and there is a god awful vibration out of it when it’s running so doubt it will be staying now anyway

Update
    I went to return it
    Was told to print out parcel pass barcode . Put on box and return it.
    Problem is when I went to parcel pass to look for nearest location it only shows UK locations
    Back into webchat and she gives me the same link to check for location
    It clearly states put in your UK location here.........she seemed surprised at this . Now wants me to arrange my own courier and recoup the costs from them after
    I've had to return an item before and it was as simple as print out barcode and arrange pick up
    Not happy

Jesus Christ she wants me to go through why I want it returned again now

Provided me with a different barcode to use in post office as parcel pass but available in Ireland
    None of them apparently aware of that before now !

Provided me with a different barcode to use in post office as parcel pass but available in Ireland

In fairness to them, purely from the returns point of view, you bought it with a UK address and only paid delivery to the UK. They are being very fair allowing you return it from here without costs.

In fairness to them, purely from the returns point of view, you bought it with a UK address and only paid delivery to the UK. They are being very fair allowing you return it from here without costs.

True I suppose and it actually gets funnier
    When I got the return email the estimated refund was only 100 pound instead of ,125 pound

I couldn't understand it so I went through my many emails with them and got a suprise ..........They had issued a partial refund in the form of a gift card to the value of 25 pound last week!!!!!!

It's just too noisy though so has to go back . Now I'm wondering will the refund be to the card or again as a gift card balance

• Advertisement

A crowd in Rathcoole look after their returns iirc so that's probably what the new label is for.

Hopefully its straightforward from here on in :)

Advertisement