Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector from AliExpress

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi,

A couple of observations - you say "it seems to be a top projector" - it might be just me but I've never heard of it, a quick look at the specs shows it a full HD DLP projector with an LED light source and an Android engine and powered speakers built in. If this is what you want (and if by any chance you've seen one working in the flesh) and you're certain it will clearly meet your needs, then fire ahead, provided your happy that you might have difficulty sorting out warranty issues back to China. I can't comment on the UK based site you linked - I've never heard of them.

If on the other hand you're new to front projection, it might be worth while posting a query setting out how and where you want to use a projector, and a rough budget, and look for advice before taking a leap in the dark (no non-pun intended).

As for the import tax issue, if an item of that kind of value is shipped to you from China, you will get charged VAT on the landed value, import tax on the sum of those values as well as clearance charges by the delivery service. If they ship the item to you from a warehouse in Spain then the delivery is within the single market and no taxes are due.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Any reviews iv seen on it on the web or YouTube are raving about it. Seems to be one of the best in its price range. Was debating between this and the LG probeam but the price difference is massive. Will likely wait until it’s available in the Spanish warehouse or pay the sterling price. Will be setting it up on an 92inch screen and using optical to connect to Samsung soundbar.

More information for anyone interested -
    http://sobietech.com/h1/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Get it shipped to Parcel Motel.

Wouldn't risk the trek from China for something that valuable. They'll declare the value as $20 to get around customs, though that means you have no insurance if it goes missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

900 Lumens? My bike light is literally more powerful.....

On conventional projectors (my knowledge is dated) the majority of the cost is the lamp. What theyve done here I'd guess is underpower the lamp to cheapen it up. Like buying a truck with a 50cc engine.

900ANSI lumens equivalent to 3300 lumens, different type of measurement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Did you buy the projector?

900ANSI lumens is quite low. You'll need a very dark room.

For example the benq 1050, which is for sale for £499/€599, is rated at 2200ANSI lumens

ANSI lumens are a different rating to traditional lumen measurements

“H1 features 3300 LED perceived lumens (900ANSI lumens) which is 50% brighter than the successful Z4 Aurora. Even under the ambient zoom lighting conditions, you can still enjoy a bright and vivid image”

Couple of reviews here, nothing but great things I’ve heard about this.

https://youtu.be/V94v1wC2Ykk

https://youtu.be/KLsUZksq9c8

Was waiting to see if it went on sale while I got my room sorted for setup but will be buying within the next few weeks

Just got setup last night, haven’t gone into any settings yet but overall very happy with the H1 so far

4krUWy.png

Advertisement