Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir Mobile Broadband 50GB

Options
  • 05-12-2017 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi

i was trying to purchase the eir Mobile Broadband 50GB

But when it came to International Bank Account Number (IBAN) it says "Please enter a valid IBAN" 

my IBAN is valid...but my bank is N26 from germany...is this a problem ?

thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

hi

But when it came to International Bank Account Number (IBAN) it says "Please enter a valid IBAN" 

thank you
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid our system will only accept Irish direct debits. To use a foreign direct debit you'll need to follow the instructions on the below link:

https://www.eir.ie/signupfordirectdebit/

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 annoyance

Hi how_is_things,

I had the same problem. First, I used my AIB credit card and then changed to the N26 master card. I can not remember whether I rang them or did it in my profile. However, I did not do a direct debit, the card is used for payments.

To eir: N26 is a European Bank and restricting the payments to an Irish bank is not the way it should be in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 how_is_things

annoyance wrote: »
    Hi how_is_things,

I had the same problem. First, I used my AIB credit card and then changed to the N26 master card. I can not remember whether I rang them or did it in my profile. However, I did not do a direct debit, the card is used for payments.

To eir: N26 is a European Bank and restricting the payments to an Irish bank is not the way it should be in the EU.
    thank you  annoyance  for that information .

yes its odd in this day and age that i can't use my n26 bank as my preferred choice of payments to Eir....i would understand completely if n26 bank was from north korea !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 annoyance

I have an N26 account but I do not know, how to set up a direct debit, I never tried it. I either transfer money manually or use the mastercard. It should be pretty safe as you can restrict the usage of the card in the app (I switch certain features on and off as needed). And, as I said, I use the N26 mastercard for paying eir.

Eir have a direct debit PDF to download from the link in eir: Adam's post. I don't quite understand that the PDF says "eircom" instead of "eir" - confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 how_is_things

eir: Adam wrote: »
    hi

thank you
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid our system will only accept Irish direct debits. To use a foreign direct debit you'll need to follow the instructions on the below link:

- Adam
    hi Adam

can i upgrade to eir Mobile Broadband 50GB from my current 20GB plan ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I think eir may be on VERY shaky ground with this one [what's new?].

You also don't need a BIC since 1 Feb 2016. It's totally useless.

It's probably just sloppy development work on the part of eir. The only difference, as far as I know, between a national SEPA and a European SEPA is the length of the IBAN. If they just allowed a few more characters [say 30 to be safe], it would work for all Euro countries. Based on development work in my job, anyway.

From the European Central Bank
    • Pan-European reachability
      Payment service providers cannot reject a SEPA credit transfer or SEPA direct debit transaction if they currently accept equivalent transactions carried out by national schemes.
    • Free choice of payment locations
      Payers cannot be restricted in choosing from which account in Europe they would like to make credit transfers or direct debits in euro. Neither can payees be forced to receive credit transfers or direct debits in euro in an account held in a specific country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    hi

thank you
    Hi there,

- Adam
    hi Adam

can i upgrade to eir Mobile Broadband 50GB from my current 20GB plan ?
    Hi,

If you give our customer care team a ring on 1901 they'll be able to look into doing this for you.

- Adam

Advertisement