Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd induction experiences please

Options
  • 05-12-2017 4:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

I have GD so there is a very strong possibility that I will have an induction on my second pregnancy. I’m just wondering what are people’s experiences of a second induction? My first took 2 days before baba entered the world. Will the second take that long?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

I was induced a few weeks ago second time around (but not on my first). My waters had broken without labour starting so really I just needed something to kickstart things. I was induced with the drip and baby was born 3.5 hours after it started. I guess the length of labour might depend how favourable you are though? I know a couple of other people who were induced recently too on their second or third babies and it took a couple of days as their bodies obviously weren't ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

I've been induced 3 times and 1 section in between. Induction 1 took 8 hours no gel or drip just broke my waters. Induction 2 after section took 7.5 hours from waters being broken and had the drip but couldn't then it up due to previous section. Induction 3 took 24 hours from waters being broken. No drip. But only in active labour for 8 hours or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I’ve had three inductions. My first was at 10 days overdue, it took two gels to start labour but labour itself took less than 4 hours. My second was at 6 days overdue and it took having my waters broken and the drip to start labour but but labour took just over an hour. My third was at 39 weeks and it took two gels, having my waters broken and a little while on the drip to start things off but again labour only took a little over an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I was induced a few weeks ago second time around (but not on my first). My waters had broken without labour starting so really I just needed something to kickstart things. I was induced with the drip and baby was born 3.5 hours after it started. I guess the length of labour might depend how favourable you are though? I know a couple of other people who were induced recently too on their second or third babies and it took a couple of days as their bodies obviously weren't ready.

Exact same on my first, same story on my second but took about 6 hrs on oxytocin

Advertisement