Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to New Zealand from Australia

• 05-12-2017 6:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,
    Just wondering if anyone has ever done this before and regretted it or if it was a good decision for them.
    Me and my girlfriend have lived in Sydney since July last year and love it here. She has a offer of sponsorship which I can go meaning we can have another 2 years here. The problem is that we really want to start travelling properly again as that's the reason we left home and with sponsorship its not possible as you only get a few weeks off a year. We want to travel Asia for a few months and then we we're thinking of going New Zealand for a year. 
    Just wondering if it would be worth going to New Zealand after travelling or if taking sponsorship and then travelling when it is over over is the better option. Are long term plan is to move back to Wales for a while where she is from as she has a house there and from there save for a house and buy in Ireland where I'm from.
    Any opinions are welcome as we are a bit confused with what to do. Thanks! :)

Advertisement