Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged for estimated bill instead of actual bill

Options
  • 05-12-2017 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Good morning Electric Ireland.

I have a billing query I am hoping you'll be able to help me with. I've already emailed it to customer service but thought I might get a quicker reply here.

I received an estimated electric bill approximately 2 weeks ago for around 95 euro. On receiving it, I entered a meter reading which generated a new bill for approximately 110 euro, due to be taken tomorrow.

On checking my bank account today, I see that the original estimated bill has been charged this morning, and I'm also thinking that now perhaps the second bill is going to be charged tomorrow too?

I'd like this looked into as a matter of urgency, and would firstly like it confirmed that I won't be charged twice, and secondly I'd ask that the difference between the two bills be charged, as I'm keen to ensure I don't end up with an extra large bill in January. I always submit meter readings for this very reason.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi spongerobinson,

Thank you for getting in touch.

This seems like the direct debit instruction for the estimated bill was sent to the bank while the corrected bill was processing.

It should just be the €15 or so difference that will be collected tomorrow.

We will check the account if you private message us the relevant Electric Ireland account number, state that you are the account-holder and confirm your name, address and date of birth.

We will respond as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Hi spongerobinson,

Thank you for getting in touch.

This seems like the direct debit instruction for the estimated bill was sent to the bank while the corrected bill was processing.

It should just be the €15 or so difference that will be collected tomorrow.

We will check the account if you private message us the relevant Electric Ireland account number, state that you are the account-holder and confirm your name, address and date of birth.

We will respond as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Una

Pm sent, thanks Una.

Advertisement