Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get an engineer to fix my fault? Do I really need to contact Comreg to get t

Options
  • 05-12-2017 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

We've had no fibre broadband for eight days now. the fault was reported on the 27th November and it is now the 5th Dec. An engineer was booked to come here to replace the cable yesterday morning  (4th). He didn't show up. we contacted eir numerous times and were told that he was coming in the afternoon. He didn't show up. But we had to stay in all day. I've now contacted eir and was told that our fault is "escalated" and that someone might show up either today or tomorrow. So we've got to stay in all of the today and, if no one shows, all of tomorrow. and then what? We've only had fibre broadband for a month. I was warned that eir is dysfunctional and this seems to be the case. why can't someone at least ring me to tell me what is going on?  This is a business line and it's badly affecting my business. Do I really need to contact Comreg to get something as elementary as a fault sorted out?  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Waste wrote: »
    We've had no fibre broadband for eight days now. the fault was reported on the 27th November and it is now the 5th Dec. An engineer was booked to come here to replace the cable yesterday morning  (4th). He didn't show up. we contacted eir numerous times and were told that he was coming in the afternoon. He didn't show up. But we had to stay in all day. I've now contacted eir and was told that our fault is "escalated" and that someone might show up either today or tomorrow. So we've got to stay in all of the today and, if no one shows, all of tomorrow. and then what? We've only had fibre broadband for a month. I was warned that eir is dysfunctional and this seems to be the case. why can't someone at least ring me to tell me what is going on?  This is a business line and it's badly affecting my business. Do I really need to contact Comreg to get something as elementary as a fault sorted out?  
    Hi Waste, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I'm really sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey  

Advertisement