Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't order FTTH even though it is available

Options
  • 05-12-2017 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi,
    I just wanted to ask about the new fast fibre availability. The FTTH is now been made available at my address on fibrerollout.ie and also the engineers working outside our home a few weeks ago said it is now available, however when I enter my eircode on the eir website it comes up available but if I enter my home phone number it comes up as not available. It’s as if my eircode is not attached correctly to my home phone number preventing me from ordering both online and through the phone. Would you be able to give me some advice on what to do?

Also would any BOARD members have any info on the eir fibre 150mb, I am aware that this is FTTH, I am very very far from the exchange. Is their much reduction in speed like DSL or FTTC? I currently get 0.9mb DSL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

mmc272 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just wanted to ask about the new fast fibre availability. The FTTH is now been made available at my address on fibrerollout.ie and also the engineers working outside our home a few weeks ago said it is now available, however when I enter my eircode on the eir website it comes up available but if I enter my home phone number it comes up as not available. It’s as if my eircode is not attached correctly to my home phone number preventing me from ordering both online and through the phone. Would you be able to give me some advice on what to do?

Also would any BOARD members have any info on the eir fibre 150mb, I am aware that this is FTTH, I am very very far from the exchange. Is their much reduction in speed like DSL or FTTC? I currently get 0.9mb DSL
    Hi mmc272,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you PM me your eircode and phone number I'll check on this for you.

You may not receive the full 150mb as this is an 'up to' speed, however, you should receive much faster speeds than you're currently getting.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Hi Adam, can you help me with a similar query as well please?

Will PM you on details!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Pter wrote: »
    Hi Adam, can you help me with a similar query as well please?

Will PM you on details!
    Hi Pter,

I'll get back to your PM with an update.

- Adam

Advertisement