Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Swim Munchies

Options
  • 05-12-2017 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi,

I usually do my runs or cycles in the morning and leave all my swims to the evenings, after 7pm when lanes are more freely available.

Once I am done I am usually fairly hungry and then go looking for something to eat. I usually go with weetabix or fruit, but the temptation is always there to grab choc on the way home.

What do you guys usually go for, and are there any recipes you are willing to share?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Hi,

I usually do my runs or cycles in the morning and leave all my swims to the evenings, after 7pm when lanes are more freely available.

Once I am done I am usually fairly hungry and then go looking for something to eat. I usually go with weetabix or fruit, but the temptation is always there to grab choc on the way home.

What do you guys usually go for, and are there any recipes you are willing to share?

Cheers

Swimming promotes false hunger, a biological consequence of immersion in water colder than your body temperature. You aren't actually hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Protein shake on the way home, but generally adjust my food (lighter afternoon meal) for the day to allow for tea and toast when I do get home. It maybe false hunger, but I'm not able to get through it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I would often try and delay my main meal until after a late swim or else have a banana after the swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭griffin100

tunney wrote: »
    Swimming promotes false hunger, a biological consequence of immersion in water colder than your body temperature. You aren't actually hungry.

Never ever stop in the supermarket or worse still the Chinese on the way home from a long swim session :pac:

I usually just deal with the hunger until it passes or if I have to eat I have some fruit.

Advertisement