Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro Not Booting up

Options
  • 05-12-2017 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

When I went to switch on the Ps4 this morning,I noticed that it was shut down totally..When I press the power button it beeps and the blue light flashes for half a second and then nothing..
    Anyone had this issue? It's just out of warranty too handily.. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

It's not powering up at all,so cannot boot in safe mode

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well you said it powers on with a beep. So from there you can still pop it into safe mode by holding down the power button until you hear a double beep, should take 15 seconds or so.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Well you said it powers on with a beep. So from there you can still pop it into safe mode by holding down the power button until you hear a double beep, should take 15 seconds or so.

Yeah,ive already tried that,its not going into safe mode..

Off to Sony with it, along with 150eur :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Yeah,ive already tried that,its not going into safe mode..

Off to Sony with it, along with 150eur :(

Where did you buy it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It could be the HDMI port thats shagged, there is a way like safe mode to reset the display using the buttons on the ps4, try that first and see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It should be well within warranty shouldn't it? For a replacement or a repair from wherever you bought it.

nah,just over the 12months,i got it day 1..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Do you not get 2 or 3 years under EU law?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Do you not get 2 or 3 years under EU law?

As Ireland didn't implement the 2 year warranty part of the Directive, there is no such thing unless OP bought it from another European country apart from UK or Ireland. They are, however, covered under the Sale of Goods Act in either Ireland or the UK, which give you up to 6 years to make a claim. If bought from a retailer in Ireland, that is the first and only port of call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I know your pain...I had the same issue...

You will not get it to boot to safe mode as the pro powers off straight away.

Have you tried the following

remove all cables from the pro and wait around 30 seconds...plug in the power supply...and try to power on the pro...this toke me a good few tries to work..after the pro boots up (if ever) plug in the hdmi lead.

Now this worked a couple of times and i had to start giving the machine a helpful thump.

Its now off to sony to be replaced...

I was glad that I could get it to boot and backup before I sent it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Just wondering have you tried to log a call with sony using their website...it would let you know if they will cover the system.

Advertisement