Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Advice

Options
  • 05-12-2017 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,377 ✭✭✭✭

I plan on landing in London City Airport next june too attend an event in the o2 Arena. I am staying in the King William Hotel located on Traflager road Greenwhich.

Is the hotel walking distance from the Airport/Arena, if not whats the closet Tube station that will take me to Euston Station as im getting a train to Manchester the next day ??

I was in London before but different part

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

30 minute walk or around 15 minutes by local bus according to Google maps from the hotel to the O2.

For Euston, get a Southeastern train from Maze Hill station to Cannon Street, walk to Bank and get the Northern line from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,377 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

30 minute walk or around 15 minutes by local bus according to Google maps from the hotel to the O2.

For Euston, get a Southeastern train from Maze Hill station to Cannon Street, walk to Bank and get the Northern line from there.

cheers could prob pick up a taxi handy enough if needs be

The tube too Euston seems like hassle but prob not as bad. Ill be looking something like a 10am train too Manchester.

Will a AIB visa debit card with contactlss work on transport over there ???

Getting the Thames clipper/cable car roamer for the day for the 18th. Prob take the bus from the o2 to the hotel and back. The next morning will be the interesting one getting from The hotel too Euston

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will a AIB visa debit card with contactlss work on transport over there ???

Getting the Thames clipper/cable car roamer for the day for the 18th. Prob take the bus from the o2 to the hotel and back. The next morning will be the interesting one getting from The hotel too Euston

yes your contactless should work fine.

So to buy a Visiter oyster card or use my Contactless card ??. I could also pay with cash but I'll prob be queuing for ages. I'll only be in London for 1 day. Have a roamer ticket for the Thames clipper for the 18th June and includes a return journey on the Emirates cable car

Journeys
    London City Airport too Royal Victoria DLR station

Possibly have to get from the o2 too Royal Victoria DLR after the event. Hoping to catch the cable car back as the hotel is next door to the Cable car station

Tuesday have to get from The Good hotel Too Euston station for a 10.20 train to Manchester. Thinking Cable car to North Grenwich underground from there to London Bridge and then change there for Euston. Any other ways of getting there from my hotel. Sadly have to go at rush hour cause of the time of my train leaving

If I buy a visitor oyster card I can preload it with £20 credit and not worry about the € transaction fees or am I better off using my Contactless card ??

• Advertisement

So to buy a Visiter oyster card or use my Contactless card ??. I could also pay with cash but I'll prob be queuing for ages. I'll only be in London for 1 day. Have a roamer ticket for the Thames clipper for the 18th June and includes a return journey on the Emirates cable car

Journeys
    London City Airport too Royal Victoria DLR station

Possibly have to get from the o2 too Royal Victoria DLR after the event. Hoping to catch the cable car back as the hotel is next door to the Cable car station

Tuesday have to get from The Good hotel Too Euston station for a 10.20 train to Manchester. Thinking Cable car to North Grenwich underground from there to London Bridge and then change there for Euston. Any other ways of getting there from my hotel. Sadly have to go at rush hour cause of the time of my train leaving

If I buy a visitor oyster card I can preload it with £20 credit and not worry about the € transaction fees or am I better off using my Contactless card ??

Don't buy a visitor oyster card. They will cost you £5 which is not refundable.
    A regular oyster card is £5 and is refundable when you return the card to a ticket office.
    Just get an oystercard from London City Airport when you arrive. There are ticket machines around which issue cards.

But for the convenience i would use your contactless debit or credit card.

Where are a few ways to get from your hotel to euston without taking the cable car which costs around £5 i think. Download City Mapper app for your phone. Its the best app for working out how to get around the city.

Don't buy a visitor oyster card. They will cost you £5 which is not refundable.
    A regular oyster card is £5 and is refundable when you return the card to a ticket office.
    Just get an oystercard from London City Airport when you arrive. There are ticket machines around which issue cards.

But for the convenience i would use your contactless debit or credit card.

Where are a few ways to get from your hotel to euston without taking the cable car which costs around £5 i think. Download City Mapper app for your phone. Its the best app for working out how to get around the city.

yeah got myself a £15 Visitor Oyster card (cost £22) and hopefully that will do. prefer to have all sorted before i head over. Ill be barley in London for 24 hours but knowing all the transport i have to use is handy.

Yeah downloaded that app, i have unlimtied 4G in Ireland, will i have the same in the UK ???. WIFI is a pain in the hole in the UK you have to sign up for this and that lol

i have unlimtied 4G in Ireland, will i have the same in the UK ???

Depends on your phone provider. Check with them.
    Some off free European roaming.

Advertisement