Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling and re-signing up to eir FTTH

Options
  • 05-12-2017 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,
    We just got FTTH installed last week, so I've been on to myEir page to get accustomed.
    I note on the website that for the package I am on the offer is €45 for 6 months, then €50 for next 6 months and €81 after 12 months.
    However because I signed up with eir salesperson at the door, i will instead be charged €63 for the first 12 months.
    This is a massive difference.
    I rang 1901 but they said that as its a different sales channel, they could do nothing for me over the phone.

I'd therefore like to know if there is any reason why i cannot cancel while still within my 14 days, and then simply resign up to the online offer?

Thanks,
    Fergus.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

fme wrote: »
    Hi,
    We just got FTTH installed last week, so I've been on to myEir page to get accustomed.
    I note on the website that for the package I am on the offer is €45 for 6 months, then €50 for next 6 months and €81 after 12 months.
    However because I signed up with eir salesperson at the door, i will instead be charged €63 for the first 12 months.
    This is a massive difference.
    I rang 1901 but they said that as its a different sales channel, they could do nothing for me over the phone.

I'd therefore like to know if there is any reason why i cannot cancel while still within my 14 days, and then simply resign up to the online offer?

Thanks,
    Fergus.
    Hi Fergus,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you're within your 14 day cooling off period you are within your rights to cancel your service without penalty. You are then free to re-order this service, however, this will mean that you go without service until we get your new account up and running.

- Adam

Advertisement